Team Heroes - Stanza V: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

TwilightZone

You guys are amazing! Keep at it! I'll stick my nose in occasionally, but mostly I'll try and keep out of your way. Check out what I posted on the main thread about how we're probably going to present this, and stay in touch! Great work so far!
Posting it here so we don't forget (and by we, I mean me, but hey who knows?).
Since nobody seems to have run away screaming from this idea, and unless somebody comes up with a better one, I'll start working on a rough draft of it. It might take me a few days to have anything worth looking at, but as you're working and creating your proposals for your individual parks keep this in mind.

This will be presented as a "frame" story, like the Canterbury Tales (you darn kids, go look it up!). There will be a story where each park (of which you will be the representatives of) will be making a presentation to the Chairman of the Board of the Americana Resort. He has given you $250,000,000 to improve your park enough to be allowed into a lose confederation of theme and amusement parks, where you will still be independent but will work together for the common good. Each of you will have a section where you showcase, in whatever style you feel is best and most effective, how you are going to bring your individual parks up to regional, destination-park caliber. Of course, all of you will do this easily, your parks will be admitted into the association, and because of a side-bet that the Chairman made with the three Villains we're also going to win their four parks. If we lose-WHICH WE WON'T- three of us (myself included) go on trial.

I have heard some concern about the presentation potentially being long. SO WHAT?! Make your presentation as long as it needs to be to showcase the amazing work you're creating. It's the job of the judges to read what we write and watch what we create. Be concise- don't pack unnecessary fluff in that doesn't help showcase the improvements we're making in these four parks, and be sure to include just enough factual information (ride put-thru/hour, attendance growth, that sort of stuff) to show the judges that we've made these improvements on factual needs for the park and not just on a "wow-that-would-be-so-cool!" basis. If the improvements really are "cool", then BONUS! But make your presentation both professional, interesting and inspiring, so that the Chairman of the Board and all the judges want to grab a shovel and starting the renovation projects themselves because our ideas really are "cool!"
The stuff below it is important too, but I figure pressing the arrow will be enough to see the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom