Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

NateD1226

Here is the first scare zone:

The Abandoned Carnival

One of the first scare zones that guests can experience is the Abandoned Carnival where Camp Snoopy has been turned into a creepy carnival where clowns roam wild as they found their new home. This brand new scare zone will feature new experiences and many scares.

When first walking into the scare zone, guests will see clowns of all sorts as they try and scare guests to their hideout in the farther part of the land. While walking through the first part of the land guests can see abandoned booths with weathered wood and blood splattered on them. These booths are used for multiple things. The first is scaring where clowns will pop in and out of the booth. The second is to block the view of the rides in Camp Snoopy. These booths will be easily moveable so the workers can move them backstage to make Camp Snoopy available for guests in the daytime. Other aesthetics of the scare zone are fallen string lights, faded promotional posters, and overall eeriness.

When guests get to the far side of the land, they are greeted by the abandoned big top which will be a new addition to the land. While it may seem like an abandoned carnival tent, so much thrill is inside. This actual carnival tent will take up a few rides temporarily, but it will make use of a lot of space.

4X1l-a3fz25I0q-vtcNRkJ_8V619zA1teEFliBfnV8mDp9Wpe8Rbe05E3u1fY3nknwPuO93I1SXbZZlt-i10RTOULzQU9yrif3F5Ldve-xKileqBvxgCSAlWRb18HukIPgWaABbD

The space above will be used to make a brand new scare zone experience where guests will be transported to an abandoned carnival. Guests will follow the path around the space given as clowns sneak up on them and creepy clown music plays loudly. More carnival booths will be used in this area to block the rides and clowns dressed up as typical circus acts will all be here. While this is not a maze and rather more a scar zone experience, guests will be sue to receive the same amount of thrill.

Even with a few rides being out of use in the daytime, guests will still be able to interact with the area both when it’s daytime and nighttime. When Knott’s Scary Farm is not taking place, guests of all ages will be able to play games, participate in Halloween dance parties, and receive some candy. There will be no clowns and all the scary elements will be taken away allowing the space to be used daily.

One last element that will be available during the event is the Ferris Wheel. Guests will be able to ride the Ferris Wheel as the clowns below terrorize them. Who knows, maybe a few clowns will even get on the ride.​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Here is the first scare zone:

The Abandoned Carnival

One of the first scare zones that guests can experience is the Abandoned Carnival where Camp Snoopy has been turned into a creepy carnival where clowns roam wild as they found their new home. This brand new scare zone will feature new experiences and many scares.

When first walking into the scare zone, guests will see clowns of all sorts as they try and scare guests to their hideout in the farther part of the land. While walking through the first part of the land guests can see abandoned booths with weathered wood and blood splattered on them. These booths are used for multiple things. The first is scaring where clowns will pop in and out of the booth. The second is to block the view of the rides in Camp Snoopy. These booths will be easily moveable so the workers can move them backstage to make Camp Snoopy available for guests in the daytime. Other aesthetics of the scare zone are fallen string lights, faded promotional posters, and overall eeriness.

When guests get to the far side of the land, they are greeted by the abandoned big top which will be a new addition to the land. While it may seem like an abandoned carnival tent, so much thrill is inside. This actual carnival tent will take up a few rides temporarily, but it will make use of a lot of space.

4X1l-a3fz25I0q-vtcNRkJ_8V619zA1teEFliBfnV8mDp9Wpe8Rbe05E3u1fY3nknwPuO93I1SXbZZlt-i10RTOULzQU9yrif3F5Ldve-xKileqBvxgCSAlWRb18HukIPgWaABbD

The space above will be used to make a brand new scare zone experience where guests will be transported to an abandoned carnival. Guests will follow the path around the space given as clowns sneak up on them and creepy clown music plays loudly. More carnival booths will be used in this area to block the rides and clowns dressed up as typical circus acts will all be here. While this is not a maze and rather more a scar zone experience, guests will be sue to receive the same amount of thrill.

Even with a few rides being out of use in the daytime, guests will still be able to interact with the area both when it’s daytime and nighttime. When Knott’s Scary Farm is not taking place, guests of all ages will be able to play games, participate in Halloween dance parties, and receive some candy. There will be no clowns and all the scary elements will be taken away allowing the space to be used daily.

One last element that will be available during the event is the Ferris Wheel. Guests will be able to ride the Ferris Wheel as the clowns below terrorize them. Who knows, maybe a few clowns will even get on the ride.​
See this is where actually being Harley Quinn in real life will come in handy; they won’t mess with me because I’m “one of them.”

DisneyFan18

Here’s my proposal for F&M, please let me know your thoughts like if something isn’t clear or needs to be added.

FOOD & MERCH

As the clowns take over Knott’s Berry Farm, new dining and merchandise offerings will be available for a limited time! At the Marketplace, visitors will be able to find some spooktacular clown inspired shirts, caps and mugs. Meanwhile, at all of our dining venues, fan favorites will get reinvented with a touch of clownery. And finally, the greatest question in the universe will be answered: What happens when a Food Cart is bitten by a Clown? It becomes a Clown Cart!

Besides the previously mentioned clown inspired product line, there will also be clown masks and shoes inspired by the ones the clowns on the park will be wearing. However, the stand out merchandise addition will be spookily fun clown tricks. At the Marketplace visitors will be able to buy the following objects: a clown horn that produces a lower tone when squeezed, skull themed balls for juggling, dead flowers preloaded with a red liquid, and more.

On the restaurants visitors will be able to find the Clown Dog, a hot dog covered with white cheese and diced tomato, to simulate the clown makeup. Then, there’s the Clownana Pie, a banana pie decorated with a clown face on top. Lastly the Clowneroni Pizza will have a classic tomato sauce and cheese base, but the toppings is where the innovation comes in as it will have mini clown faces made by small cream cheese circles that have over them a smaller pepperoni circle and a red wig made of bell pepper.

And finally, throughout the park there will be Clown Carts. The Clown Carts are white with a red umbrella and a big red nose on the front. On them, visitors will be able 3 products: the first of them are the Clown Noses, which are popcorn bathed in red dyed butter; the second option are the Wigs, which are red or purple colored cotton candy shaped like a clown wig; and last but not least are the animal balloons, which are funnel cake shaped as animals and bathed in blue colored cream cheese glaze.​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Here’s my proposal for F&M, please let me know your thoughts like if something isn’t clear or needs to be added.

FOOD & MERCH

As the clowns take over Knott’s Berry Farm, new dining and merchandise offerings will be available for a limited time! At the Marketplace, visitors will be able to find some spooktacular clown inspired shirts, caps and mugs. Meanwhile, at all of our dining venues, fan favorites will get reinvented with a touch of clownery. And finally, the greatest question in the universe will be answered: What happens when a Food Cart is bitten by a Clown? It becomes a Clown Cart!

Besides the previously mentioned clown inspired product line, there will also be clown masks and shoes inspired by the ones the clowns on the park will be wearing. However, the stand out merchandise addition will be spookily fun clown tricks. At the Marketplace visitors will be able to buy the following objects: a clown horn that produces a lower tone when squeezed, skull themed balls for juggling, dead flowers preloaded with a red liquid, and more.

On the restaurants visitors will be able to find the Clown Dog, a hot dog covered with white cheese and diced tomato, to simulate the clown makeup. Then, there’s the Clownana Pie, a banana pie decorated with a clown face on top. Lastly the Clowneroni Pizza will have a classic tomato sauce and cheese base, but the toppings is where the innovation comes in as it will have mini clown faces made by small cream cheese circles that have over them a smaller pepperoni circle and a red wig made of bell pepper.

And finally, throughout the park there will be Clown Carts. The Clown Carts are white with a red umbrella and a big red nose on the front. On them, visitors will be able 3 products: the first of them are the Clown Noses, which are popcorn bathed in red dyed butter; the second option are the Wigs, which are red or purple colored cotton candy shaped like a clown wig; and last but not least are the animal balloons, which are funnel cake shaped as animals and bathed in blue colored cream cheese glaze.​
I love this!! You went all out on the theme! Great job!!

NateD1226

Do we have a location for each house yet? I want to include it in my writeup but know less than 0 things about this park
They usually have 4-5 mazes in the backstage area next to Ghostrider. I think there would be the best place to put it.

EDIT: If you want to say which maze is getting replaced, I recommend getting rid of Voodoo – Order of the Serpent. I am pretty sure it was the least popular maze of 2017.

ThemeParkPriest

They usually have 4-5 mazes in the backstage area next to Ghostrider. I think there would be the best place to put it.

EDIT: If you want to say which maze is getting replaced, I recommend getting rid of Voodoo – Order of the Serpent. I am pretty sure it was the least popular maze of 2017.
So now that I've studied the map and the totality of what was offered in 2017, here is what I propose for locations, etc. (assuming that we are keeping some of the original 2017 offerings):
  • Mazes (# denotes number on the 2017 map)
    • Dark Ride (Boardwalk Ballroom, #7)
    • Hypnos the Clown (GhostRider 3, #3)--NEW
    • Pumpkin Eater (Camp Snoopy, #9)
    • Shadow Lands (Xcelerator, #8)
    • Special Ops: Infected (Mystery Lodge, #5)
    • The Red Barn (Wilderness Dance Hall, #6)
    • Dr. Quack (GhostRider 4, #4)--NEW
    • Trick or Treat: Lights Out (GhostRider 1, #1)
    • Freak Show (GhostRider 2, #2)--NEW
  • Scare Zones
    • Beach Disaster (Boardwalk)--NEW
    • Fiesta De Los Muertos (Fiesta Village)
    • Ghost Town Streets (Ghost Town)
    • The Abandoned Carnival (Camp Snoopy)--NEW
  • Shows
    • Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Charles M. Schultz "Ghoul Time" Theatre)
    • Cirque du Freak (Calico Mine Stage)--NEW
  • Other Attractions and Experiences
    • Clown Carts--NEW
    • Voyage to Iron Reef: Halloween Overlay--NEW
    • Timer Mountain Log Ride: TBD--NEW

qH2nPmCXQl3xicWXGXyprDpk-tRBykb55aAWCj_d5hzF-qhZGrNDSqThkCYjkVkpolN7YBWreD7aJ1eWJFyQDhp6dajEsjqlvyDv0AcvrUt0WEzexIlBv_Zm1IfmnDN2iWeEXeZ3

NateD1226

So now that I've studied the map and the totality of what was offered in 2017, here is what I propose for locations, etc. (assuming that we are keeping some of the original 2017 offerings):
  • Mazes (# denotes number on the 2017 map)
    • Dark Ride (Boardwalk Ballroom, #7)
    • Hypnos the Clown (GhostRider 3, #3)--NEW
    • Pumpkin Eater (Camp Snoopy, #9)
    • Shadow Lands (Xcelerator, #8)
    • Special Ops: Infected (Mystery Lodge, #5)
    • The Red Barn (Wilderness Dance Hall, #6)
    • Dr. Quack (GhostRider 4, #4)--NEW
    • Trick or Treat: Lights Out (GhostRider 1, #1)
    • Freak Show (GhostRider 2, #2)--NEW
  • Scare Zones
    • Beach Disaster (Boardwalk)--NEW
    • Fiesta De Los Muertos (Fiesta Village)
    • Ghost Town Streets (Ghost Town)
    • The Abandoned Carnival (Camp Snoopy)--NEW
  • Shows
    • Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Charles M. Schultz "Ghoul Time" Theatre)
    • Cirque du Freak (Calico Mine Stage)--NEW
  • Other Attractions and Experiences
    • Clown Carts--NEW
    • Voyage to Iron Reef: Halloween Overlay--NEW
    • Timer Mountain Log Ride: TBD--NEW

qH2nPmCXQl3xicWXGXyprDpk-tRBykb55aAWCj_d5hzF-qhZGrNDSqThkCYjkVkpolN7YBWreD7aJ1eWJFyQDhp6dajEsjqlvyDv0AcvrUt0WEzexIlBv_Zm1IfmnDN2iWeEXeZ3
Everything looks great! My only note would be to not take Paranormal Inc out because that maze is pretty awesome and has a lot of cool technical aspects to it. I would put Hypnos the Clown at #6 which is The Red Barn. It’s a pretty tame maze with nothing special so I would replace that.

DisneyFan18

I love this!! You went all out on the theme! Great job!!
Thanks!!! I’m afraid of it being a little repetitive, but I preferred to go for the funny side of clowns, specially for the food. I had some “scarier” ideas like a Blood Apple Pie that basically an apple pie but the caramel with red dye, but I’m not sure if that a) feels clowny and b) would be appetizing. But ultimately preferred to go for a more family friendly approach

Sharon&Susan

If you have a more fleshed out story or any concept art, I can work that into the maze… otherwise it’s gonna be loosely based on the story 🤣
I'll work on the logo for it then!

I can definitely explain the presence of the guns that guests carry (which is what I assume the interactive element will be) any other changes you need me to make to the backstory?

goofyyukyuk

I'll work on the logo for it then!

I can definitely explain the presence of the guns that guests carry (which is what I assume the interactive element will be) any other changes you need me to make to the backstory?
Oh I had no idea there were guns involved… that would make the interactivity way better bc right now it’s just a maze walkthrough. Do you mind re-sending your most updated backstory just so I’m positive about what we’re doing lol?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom