Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Nine: Kooky Clown Time
f_creepy_clowns_160902.jpg

The time is 2016. America has been launched into an epidemic just mildly less scary than the real-world one were currently in. Instead of an airborne virus, the infection was that of clowns. What started as a viral marketing campaign for the new IT movie quickly evolved into a social media storm of copycats and for a while there it was simply unsafe to let your kids roam the streets after dark lest they come into contact with a patented Creepy Clown. During all this, regional theme parks are taking notice. While Disney and Universal are staying out of the game for lack of bad PR, literally EVERY OTHER REGIONAL THEME PARK IN THE COUNTRY WANTS YOUR HELP. For this project, Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo must choose a non Disney/Universal regional theme/amusement park and built out a Halloween Haunts event themed entirely around scary clowns/the circus in honor of the 2016 Creepy Clown invasion. Your project must include the following...

-At least three mazes
-At least two scare zones
-At least one show
-At least one specialty dining and merch option for the event

One last thing...since @Mickeynerd17 opened Walt's Vault, he has unleashed the CRAZIEST twist the Vault has had in store so far. This event is simply called The Clown Car, and Mickeynerd, you're getting right into the darn sketchy car that vaguely smells like weed and weeks old booze haha. The good news: You now have a free pass to the final eight and CANNOT be nominated for elimination this round. The bad news: You CANNOT participate in Project Nine in any way, shape, or form. Think of this as a mandatory week off. And just to clarify, this ABSOLUTELY was @JokersWild's idea haha.

Good luck teams. This project is due Monday, July 25th at 11:59PM Eastern. THE NEXT TWO PROJECTS AFTER THIS ONE WILL BE LIGHTNING ROUNDS AND WILL BOTH BE PLAYED OUT ROUGHLY OVER THE COURSE OF ONE WEEK.

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

One last thing...since @Mickeynerd17 opened Walt's Vault, he has unleashed the CRAZIEST twist the Vault has had in store so far. This event is simply called The Clown Car, and Mickeynerd, you're getting right into the darn sketchy car that vaguely smells like weed and weeks old booze haha. The good news: You now have a free pass to the final eight and CANNOT be nominated for elimination this round. The bad news: You CANNOT participate in Project Nine in any way, shape, or form. Think of this as a mandatory week off. And just to clarify, this ABSOLUTELY was @JokersWild's idea haha.​
Plot Twist: The car is full of Marvel theorists.

PerGron

Well I don’t know regional parks very much, but I do know absolutely terrible amusement parks since my zoo used to have one before covid took it all out and ruined my life for the better part of a year and a half and if there’s one thing that feels like it would fit a house like this it’s the idea of a carnival or sh*tty amusement park funhouse. I’m exhausted and overworked right now so my ramblings may be incoherent and my idea may be really niche based on one specific awful fun house from a small zoo amusement park nobody’s ever heard of and is very specific to me and my memories, but if I can find pics of it I’ll post them and show how well this idea could be a clown-themed haunted house

DisneyFan18

Well I don’t know regional parks very much, but I do know absolutely terrible amusement parks since my zoo used to have one before covid took it all out and ruined my life for the better part of a year and a half and if there’s one thing that feels like it would fit a house like this it’s the idea of a carnival or sh*tty amusement park funhouse. I’m exhausted and overworked right now so my ramblings may be incoherent and my idea may be really niche based on one specific awful fun house from a small zoo amusement park nobody’s ever heard of and is very specific to me and my memories, but if I can find pics of it I’ll post them and show how well this idea could be a clown-themed haunted house
I’m not from the USA, so I don’t know about regional amusement parks either. But I’m digging your idea, it could set a fun environment to play in

PerGron

I also just want to put out there that for the past 10 or so years (other than 2020) my friends and I set up haunted houses in my garage for Halloween since my neighborhood would get 1000+ trick or treaters to visit a few other haunted houses and we wanted in on the action. I did one in 2017 themed to the clowns from 2016 (it was too late in 2016 to do it as we had already settled on Universal Monsters and started building props and whatnot) so I have quite a bit of experience in designing scare houses and layouts and whatnot to help out this round

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I also just want to put out there that for the past 10 or so years (other than 2020) my friends and I set up haunted houses in my garage for Halloween since my neighborhood would get 1000+ trick or treaters to visit a few other haunted houses and we wanted in on the action. I did one in 2017 themed to the clowns from 2016 (it was too late in 2016 to do it as we had already settled on Universal Monsters and started building props and whatnot) so I have quite a bit of experience in designing scare houses and layouts and whatnot to help out this round
I'm thinking of NOTHING but the old Rugrats Halloween special when I read this haha.

Sharon&Susan

What amusement park is closely linked to Circuses and most importantly Clowns?
The Adventuredome at Circus Circus.
They used to have a Fright Night event there every October even had a FNAF walkthrough in (guess what year) 2016.

I know it's small so if we could fit all that we're required to do we'd have to be clever about it.

PerGron

For the dining option, what about a food truck fair?? We could have like 3-5 food trucks along with maybe some live bands or pop up carnival style games or something, make it like a real festive atmosphere! This could also be like the most “family friendly” portion of the event, maybe with more of a lighthearted take on the whole thing.
I like this a lot, especially if we could do it with a circus or carnival theme. Maybe instead of food trucks, we could have the trailers you see at circuses, carnivals, and fairs

4171EEBB-4FD9-4B5C-977F-8A314B5BABE1.jpeg
9F3A4D0A-ADDA-4CED-B041-FEE536C33C88.jpeg

PerGron

Just to throw this out there; If we went with Six Flags, they have access to a certain pair of clown characters who I would love to create a show for 😈😈
Ooh! I know Harley isn’t in it and it’s a bit dark, but I saw this and immediately thought of the Joker’s carnival in The Killing Joke which could serve as a really neat horror maze or a show in some way. We’d tweak it and just use that as a basis anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom