Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Four: Kungalooshing the Night Away

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Four: Kungalooshing the Night Away!
Adventurers-Club-Sepia02-e1571697643810-846x541.jpg

While themed bars such as Trader Sam's and Abracadabar are all the rage with the Disney nightlife crowd these days, back in the 90's at Walt Disney World there existed a happy place that blew pretty much every themed bar in existence out of the water. The Adventurer's Club had a full on mythology behind it's several themed rooms, intricate characters, and multiple puppet performers. It was a place stuck in time, perpetually celebrating New Years Eve on a nightly occasion. A place any average guest could go to be transported into another world. With multiple themed rooms and countless characters, The Adventurer's Club was truly a crown jewel of outside the box Imagineering. For this project, teams will be tasked to design a spiritual successor to the famous club to be placed in ANY Disney location of your choosing. This could go in a park, a Disney Springs/DownTown Disney, a resort, even a DVC. The only requirement is that it takes on the same spirit as the Adventurer's Club with multiple rooms and levels, a cast of characters, an elaborate backstory, and don't you DARE forget to include some puppets! Good luck teams, this project is due Friday, June 19th at 11:59PM Eastern.

Sharon&Susan

Maybe this is a bit too close to the territory of our last project, but I think a Golden Age of Hollywood themed night club in Hollywood Land at DCA could work well.

Maybe have it be owned by a director who's worked in the business when Edison had a monopoly on it? In theory a director who had been working in Tinsel town for that long would have lots of interesting props.

DashHaber

Maybe this is a bit too close to the territory of our last project, but I think a Golden Age of Hollywood themed night club in Hollywood Land at DCA could work well.

Maybe have it be owned by a director who's worked in the business when Edison had a monopoly on it? In theory a director who had been working in Tinsel town for that long would have lots of interesting props.
I feel like it's different enough from our last entry, and definitely offers plenty of possibilities.

Maybe a spaceport could also offer a neat theme for this. Certainly offers some opportunities for puppets like was mentioned in the hub thread.

NigelChanning

Can it be tied to an IP? I was thinking maybe we can do Muppets and that still gives us the opportunity to have an interesting and original backstory. Not to mention the fact that each room can be tied to a certain Muppet character.

mickeyfan5534

Can it be tied to an IP? I was thinking maybe we can do Muppets and that still gives us the opportunity to have an interesting and original backstory. Not to mention the fact that each room can be tied to a certain Muppet character.
Due to the parameters of the prompt (original backstory, original characters, highly themed environment), IP tie-ins are not allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom