Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Two Open Brainstorming

spacemt354

Chili's
Random thought - can we re-name this team to the 1977 New York Yankees? :p

If anyone is unfamiliar -- there's a whole documentary on it called The Bronx is Burning. The Yankees manager Billy Martin didn't get along with the owner George Steinbrenner and kept getting fired/re-hired, and there was a lot of drama throughout the season in the clubhouse.

Sounds familiar hehe...But, good news -- in the end, they won the World Series. :bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Tilt_(novel)
I read this book when I was younger. Some really solid ideas we can use. I think we should focus on messing with the individual's brain.
If this is the direction (which I like!) -- I have CT scans for educational purposes on file and a whole anatomy app there I can scan into the brain and make custom images for the "science" behind the attraction. Make it seem "scientifically -accurate"

Just let me know what the plan is!

kmbmw777

If this is the direction (which I like!) -- I have CT scans for educational purposes on file and a whole anatomy app there I can scan into the brain and make custom images for the "science" behind the attraction. Make it seem "scientifically -accurate"

Just let me know what the plan is!
I was just throwing that book of for inspiration. There's some really cool rides which make the people go insane which seems to fit

spacemt354

Chili's
I was just throwing that book of for inspiration. There's some really cool rides which make the people go insane which seems to fit
For example this is an image of the vertebrae and the spinal cord -- perhaps if it is a ride, the back of the seat could have some sort of stimulation which could travel up to the brain through the afferent neurons and cause disruptions in the parietal lobe. -- and we could make a pathway for it on this image.

Brer Oswald

The Pit of 100 Trials
This attraction based on the area of the same name from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door will have guests boarding vehicles into a mysterious dungeon of temptation, fear, confusion.
latest

The ride is meant to test the quick decision making process of humans, especially when they are under pressure or have to make extreme life choices. Guests start by entering a dungeon like building for a queue. The further they go down, the darker it gets.

latest

The overall physical description of the attraction would be a simple track ride through a warehouse building containing no scenes. The bulk of the ride comes from the "Neuro Reality Helmets" (helmets that access different points of the human brain and create an image of them through VR goggles). The ride vehicle would be a simple in design, seating one person each for the feeling of isolation (although other vehicles would be relatively close). Each vehicle would have two buttons to press, each with a different choice (one would be to give in or face what you encounter, the other would be to run away or resist a temptation).
giphy.gif

jodgbttujjbnqmupgcq6.png

At the beginning, decisions would be easy for people to make, but as more trials commence, and the repetitive music drags on, people get immersed into the attraction and it starts to feel real. The decisions made will be recorded and given to participants. The ride can last up to 2 hours.

The music:

spacemt354

Chili's
I watched the video. Some of these rides look like they will kill you, is that was is needed?
In a way. I don't know what it is about the video but I got an uncomfortable feeling looking at the CGI. It's a bit creepy (and even looking at the comments I'm not alone haha) it reminds me of Escape from Tomorrow for some reason.

The "safest" option would be some sort of slow moving ferris wheel, but it has a quirky path to it. Something less intense. We have room for one more extra credit project if you'd be interested in doing something like that?

spacemt354

Chili's
Do you have ideas for the ride itself? I can't write the backstory until I know what the ride is.
May I recommend doing something with this flat ride? I haven't seen it used before on any of the teams...and maybe the design of it is similar to the ferris where were the spinal cord breaking attraction isn't the motive, but more of a zainy design to it.
BalloonRace021.jpg

Or something crazy with the caterpillar flat ride.
080605_1158_overhead_caterpillar_Canobie_Lake_Park.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom