Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Two Open Brainstorming

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm not getting into this again. It's a 4 day challenge based on a 6.5 minute short film. Worst case scenario -- the project is a singular flat ride.

- Lab Mouse Coaster I think is a good idea -- and is easily made in RCT3
- An Escape Room or Fun Maze could be great for psychological effects.
- Something in Dinoland USA to have it hit closer to home and possible easier.
- and two others if we have time.

That's the end of my brainstorming.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Make no mistake, even if the Krampus teaser you'll all be designing different variations on Disney attractions next time around. While there's a bit of a twist to it that we'll get into, it should be a lot more accessible.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
It's always my fault.

Dude, did we NOT praise you for turning a corner and turning in something fantastic? Did your team NOT win first place in the challenge under your leadership? Were MEW and I NOT impressed that in spite of the drama of the first couple days you guys managed to come together as a fantastic team and presented a great project. No one is trying to look down on you. Were all trying to bring out the best in you. If you can't see that, I honestly don't know what else to say.

All I know is that squabbling over a prompt is not getting anything done. Were not changing the prompt, so you can either help, sit this one out and hope the rest of the team pulls through and doesn't get last place or drop. We all want you here. I've actually been privately advocating that you could potentially have one of the greatest arcs in the history of the game and could be a beloved fan favorite by the time all is said and done if you just chill.

I know you're incredibly sensetive to criticism...I am too...I get genuine anxiety attacks about it...so all I'll say is that this talk one way or another is not helping, and I want to put a stop to it. Red and Space went into overtime on the web site and logos, and I don't want this squabble to defuse the insanely wonderful amount of team spirit I saw from EVERYONE involved last night as your project got turned in.

spacemt354

Chili's
With David going on vacation (have a great trip btw!) my guess is that we are already going to be short-handed. That's not including almost half the team saying the don't have any ideas for the project within the first day of the challenge.

Part of the enjoyment of these comps for me is to push myself and others to try and do new things for the projects. Websites, art, media, etc. And even when people aren't active I tend to take on more work to try and have the best project possible to win. Winning projects is always subjective, but to me it feels like a sense of accomplishment and adds to the fun.

I'm not doing that anymore with this team. It's a waste of my time. I'm going to contribute to the project enough so I don't get put up for elimination, and for the people sitting out, you better hope for your sake that contribution, along with anyone else who wants to contribute, is enough to not come in last place.

Brer Oswald

^ This.

While I think this would have worked much better as a Festival of Imagination project, and not an actual game project...you just roll with the punches and go with it.
Exactly. I didn't want to do PatF that one time, but we did anyways and I ended up enjoying myself, despite having a less overall contribution. Now I have a better appreciation for the film!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Lab Mouse Coaster

In laboratories all around the world, lab mice are running through their mazes to fetch cheese, typically to test a behavioral, spatial, or temporal facet of their biology. However, now -- this mouse coaster sets its riders up on a terrifying journey to catch their own "cheese" and make it out of the maze without getting zapped.

--Attraction Statistics--
Excitement - 0.21/10
Intensity - 17.96/10
Nausea - 10.55/10
Max Speed - 58.17 mph
Average Speed - 29.58 mph
Ride Time - Infinite!
Ride Length - Infinite!
Max + Gs - 7.20g
Max - Gs - -2.74g
Max Lateral Gs - 12.86g
Total Airtime - 0:36 min
Drops - 10
Height - 110 feet

When climbing the 90 degree ascent of the mouse coaster - a sense of fear and adrenline passes through your veins (or maybe that is the mad doctor's hippocampal injection coursing through you), nevertheless you keep climbing. Higher and higher until you reach the peak.

Dropping from the peak you go into a sensory overload of max G-Forces, postive, negative, and lateral Gs -- churning your stomach and erupting your mind into a chaotic blend of confusion and nausea. But the "fun" isn't over. A radical shift in Gs jolts you upwards again at 90 degrees and you keep climbing to a second peak. Eventually the maze comes to an end after a dizzying display of sharp curves, sudden drops, and stops.

The Test Run!

--First Rider Reactions--

Kyle
c0de76e10f680d8004673dfe92fbaee7.jpeg

"So uh...one time...I was like...in this maze...and umm....I started climbing up this like, climb? And oh there was cheese...yeah...cheese. So then I felt these forces...and they were kinda like...rough, I think I lost some brain cells...but...yeah...."

And that was Totally Kyle...

"Totally!"

Opening Day Ceremonies

Jason-in-Dodgeball-A-True-Underdog-Story-jason-bateman-25225195-640-480-590x443.jpg

Cotton: "Welcome to ESPN 8 -- The "Ocho" my name is Cotton McKnight and I'm here with my fabulous co-host, Pepper Brooks... Pep take it away"

Pepper: "Yo, Cotton -- we're here to cover the grand opening of this never before seen Mouse Coaster, and wow whoever the designer of this is must be crazy. 12 Gs?
bold-strategy.png

Cotton: "Oh Pepper what's going on here?"
Pepper: "It seems his mouth is open -- and can't be shut Cotton"
Cotton: "We should probably call an ambulance"
Pepper: "9-1-1 indeed Cot.

Cotton: "An interesting situation unfolding over here Pepper, what is it?"
Pepper: "It seems like there is a serious cleanup on Aisle 3, it is not looking good for Mr. Mouse on this day"

Cotton: There seems to be someone skipping too...what can you make of that?
8be86239ff2b04ec821c3fb1eb45f67a.jpg

Cotton: "Okay Pepper, it seems like this guy is so disoriented that he doesn't know he's stepping in his own vomit
Pepper: "The eagle has landed Cotton and it is not a pretty sight"
ouch-town.png

Cotton: "There's also two people kissing in the background so maybe in the end of the day -- maybe this ride brings everyone closer together, turning its faults into a proverbial pumpkin.
189357467-tumblr_mahc3dKe431r8wy9io10_r1_250.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Can I get the summary of the video cuz I have little data and I have clubs at school til 7
9a4.png

Dr. Nick Laslowicz (Leslie Barany) speaks toward the discovery of how playground merry-go-rounds increase creative activity in children and discusses the investigation of centrifugal force on human development to expand the human mind. He explains how his company, the Institute for Centrifugal Research (ICR), officially doubts the generally accepted laws of physics and has developed tests of human mental endurance disguised as amusement rides. He then describes how ICR developed a series of experiments as rides, created to test and expand a subject's mental growth. The first was the 1977 prototype 6 G-force Vertical Centrifuge which self-destructed in 1978.

ICR then joined forces with a company that built and distributed amusement park rides to develop projects and gain funding. Their first working machine was the 432-seat, 1.6 to 2.1 G-force "Spherothon" globular centrifuge in 1982. The second was 1985's 96-seat, 2.3 G-force "Wedding Cake Centrifuge", so named because of how its four platforms were layered one above the other.

In 1991, ICR shifted its concentration to height, and developed the 2844-seat, 1-G "High Altitude Conveyance" (HAC), which initially confused riders who were unaware the ride took fourteen hours. ICR learned that passengers would suffer from boredom on rides that were too long, specially for those passengers who had fallen asleep, missed disembarking, and had to ride an additional fourteen hours. In 2005, a redesign of the HAC added toilets and oxygen masks. Dr. Laslowicz explains that to deal with the boredom issue, in 1993, ICR created the 18-seat, 1.1 to 3.6 G-force "Expander", as a ride with an interactive component. Finding this created brain activity, in 1996 ICR created the 126-seat, 2.7 G-force "Dandelion" to simulate the prenatal experience of an embryo.

In 2003, ICR created the 10,000 horsepower 172-seat, 9-G "Steam Pressure Catapult" (SPC) to add a level of uncertainty which resulted in riders re-evaluating their own goals and aspirations. The last ride created was 2005's 12-seat, 17 G-force "Centriductor Schwingmaschine".

CraniumCommand89

Dude, did we NOT praise you for turning a corner and turning in something fantastic? Did your team NOT win first place in the challenge under your leadership? Were MEW and I NOT impressed that in spite of the drama of the first couple days you guys managed to come together as a fantastic team and presented a great project. No one is trying to look down on you. Were all trying to bring out the best in you. If you can't see that, I honestly don't know what else to say.

All I know is that squabbling over a prompt is not getting anything done. Were not changing the prompt, so you can either help, sit this one out and hope the rest of the team pulls through and doesn't get last place or drop. We all want you here. I've actually been privately advocating that you could potentially have one of the greatest arcs in the history of the game and could be a beloved fan favorite by the time all is said and done if you just chill.

I know you're incredibly sensetive to criticism...I am too...I get genuine anxiety attacks about it...so all I'll say is that this talk one way or another is not helping, and I want to put a stop to it. Red and Space went into overtime on the web site and logos, and I don't want this squabble to defuse the insanely wonderful amount of team spirit I saw from EVERYONE involved last night as your project got turned in.
You just advised me to drop out. I'm not dropping out, but I have a right to speak my mind.

MANEATINGWREATH

@CraniumCommand89, we have tried to reason with you. We wanted to start with a clean slate, but at this point, for the sake of the season, we need to part ways with you. It has gotten to a level where your fellow contestants are now frustrated and unwilling to continue with the game. It is clear to us that you cannot cooperate with us or your teammates, and for the betterment of everyone, you have been eliminated from SYWTBAI. Enough is enough. I'm incredibly sorry that it had to come to this.

Please, if you have any questions or comments, privately discuss this with Tiki and myself so we can allow the brainstorming to continue without back and forth discussion. I don't want to see the ensuing conversation in this thread. Season 14 is about fun, NOT about the unreasonable drama and babbling that is underway. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom