Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Two Open Brainstorming

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm just gonna start pre-medicating...

spacemt354

Chili's
I have nothing of value to contribute. I can't wrap my head around something this unrealistic.
We'll I'm certainly not gonna do extra work because you don't like it.

It's unrealistic yes...but you can't bail on the team because you don't like the prompt. I wasn't a fan of the Toontown prompt, but I turned lemons into lemon trees and made it more humorous and silly in order to do it.

CraniumCommand89

We'll I'm certainly not gonna do extra work because you don't like it.

It's unrealistic yes...but you can't bail on the team because you don't like the prompt. I wasn't a fan of the Toontown prompt, but I turned lemons into lemon trees and made it more humorous and silly in order to do it.
So we make this into a joke?

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah I agree it's not the most practical or fun of projects to do. However, we have to do it regardless, it's not really our choice.
I'll say the same thing I said to Cranium...every has to contribute.

Just spit balling but Dinoland USA is a carnival. Having a ridiculous attraction in there could be funny, and relates to Disney. So you're more familiar with the territory.

Brer Oswald

I'll say the same thing I said to Cranium...every has to contribute.

Just spit balling but Dinoland USA is a carnival. Having a ridiculous attraction in there could be funny, and relates to Disney. So you're more familiar with the territory.
No worries I have complete intention to help, like I did with baby groot!

JokersWild

Hey guys. Obviously I'm not on Team Cap, but I was kinda compelled to pop in quickly after seeing the general sentiments regarding this project.

I was in the same place that a lot of you guys are now: it's very early in the game in one of your first comps and this gets thrown at you way out of left field. It seems like a weird project, and trust me, I'm not hugely thrilled by this project either, but last time we did it, it kind of forced us to think outside of the box and we put out probably some of the most interesting projects, both in their simplicity and technology, that I've seen. And I think that's what MEW and Tiki are looking for in bringing this project back. So, I guess I'm just trying to say just roll with the punches. It's a weird project, but that's kind of the point.

I can't wait to see what you guys put out. Back to Team Mist. I was never here.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey guys. Obviously I'm not on Team Cap, but I was kinda compelled to pop in quickly after seeing the general sentiments regarding this project.

I was in the same place that a lot of you guys are now: it's very early in the game in one of your first comps and this gets thrown at you way out of left field. It seems like a weird project, and trust me, I'm not hugely thrilled by this project either, but last time we did it, it kind of forced us to think outside of the box and we put out probably some of the most interesting projects, both in their simplicity and technology, that I've seen. And I think that's what MEW and Tiki are looking for in bringing this project back. So, I guess I'm just trying to say just roll with the punches. It's a weird project, but that's kind of the point.

I can't wait to see what you guys put out. Back to Team Mist. I was never here.
^ This.

While I think this would have worked much better as a Festival of Imagination project, and not an actual game project...you just roll with the punches and go with it.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
The comp has always had a combination of accessible and challenging prompts. This one definitely leans on the side of challenging especially with the sci-fi twist, but it's still very do-able. This board has seemed to gravitate towards futuristic Imagineering concepts anyways so I have confidence something great will come out of it. It's a tradition to start things off with a large scale accessible project followed by a smaller scale challenging project. This is nothing new and is a general part of the formula.

CraniumCommand89

The comp has always had a combination of accessible and challenging prompts. This one definitely leans on the side of challenging especially with the sci-fi twist, but it's still very do-able. This board has seemed to gravitate towards futuristic Imagineering concepts anyways so I have confidence something great will come out of it. It's a tradition to start things off with a large scale accessible project followed by a smaller scale challenging project. This is nothing new and is a general part of the formula.
It's a bad formula. This project is too unrealistic to be considered armchair imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom