TDS TOT Storyline

CoffeeJedi

:eek: wow

i love how they tied the whole thing into the Lost River Delta area story, its that attention to detail that only Disney can pull off (and i'm a big attraction-story geek, the deeper and more interconnected, the better)

sad that they won't get the 5th dimension scene though

jrriddle

Original Poster
CoffeeJedi said:
:eek: wow

i love how they tied the whole thing into the Lost River Delta area story, its that attention to detail that only Disney can pull off (and i'm a big attraction-story geek, the deeper and more interconnected, the better)

sad that they won't get the 5th dimension scene though

And they tied it into RS as well.
If you take a close look at some of the crates around the entrance they are addressed to be ship to the High Tower Hotel.
Now that's Disney Storytelling!

CaptainMichael

I prefer the original story better, but this one works. I'm glad all of the existing Towers look different; hopefully, Disneyland Paris' will too.

jrriddle

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
I prefer the original story better, but this one works. I'm glad all of the existing Towers look different; hopefully, Disneyland Paris' will too.
I understand (and I could be wrong), but the DSP ToT will be an exact copy of the DCA version (which uses the plans originally intended for Paris).
So although DSP was to get ToT before DCA, DCA got Paris' ToT first.

Does that make any sense to anyone? :p

CaptainMichael

jrriddle said:
I understand (and I could be wrong), but the DSP ToT will be an exact copy of the DCA version (which uses the plans originally intended for Paris).
So although DSP was to get ToT before DCA, DCA got Paris' ToT first.

Does that make any sense to anyone? :p
Yes. Will Paris' have the Twilight Zone theme or a different one?

Connor002

I actually apulaude them for changing it up a little. If they're going keep making clones, I'd like that they change them a little. But I imagine that was more because of OLC than anything else. I'm starting to think it might be better if OLC ran the company...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It seems pretty certain Paris, like Tokyo, will not have a Twilight Zone theme. What a preshow for Tokyo though. Wow! Since it seems Paris will need a none TWZ preshow, and Tokyo`s is TDS specific, I wonder what the Paris version will be, and which formula it will follow.

Regarding the Paris theme, I read on some French boards today (I admit in English) that WDSP ToT will be officially themed to 1920, not 1939 as in the US versions. Enough difference for a new plot?

jrriddle

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Yes. Will Paris' have the Twilight Zone theme or a different one?
Have not heard. Again I could be wrong (and often am, especially if you talk to my girlfriend :D ) but my understanding is that Europeans are not all that familiar with The Zwilight Zone. Also if it can save DLP not paying any fees to CBS all the better.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
I actually apulaude them for changing it up a little. If they're going keep making clones, I'd like that they change them a little. But I imagine that was more because of OLC than anything else. I'm starting to think it might be better if OLC ran the company...

You are not the first to say that. :D

jrriddle

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
It seems pretty certain Paris, like Tokyo, will not have a Twilight Zone theme. What a preshow for Tokyo though. Wow! Since it seems Paris will need a none TWZ preshow, and Tokyo`s is TDS specific, I wonder what the Paris version will be, and which formula it will follow.

Regarding the Paris theme, I read on some French boards today (I admit in English) that WDSP ToT will be officially themed to 1920, not 1939 as in the US versions. Enough difference for a new plot?

I've read that too (about the 20's theme). Any validity to the TWZ not being familiar to Euros?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I heard that too - the TWZ not being well known over here. I must say I can`t ever remember seeing it on UK TV. I think I`m more aware of TTWZ as a generic spooky term, made famous by the series, more like an everyday term due to the series than ever watching it on TV.

CaptainMichael

jrriddle said:
Have not heard. Again I could be wrong (and often am, especially if you talk to my girlfriend :D ) but my understanding is that Europeans are not all that familiar with The Zwilight Zone. Also if it can save DLP not paying any fees to CBS all the better.
Well, it has to have a movie/studio theme as it is in WDSP. We know that much.

penfold12

I read the ToT for DSP was to be themed around 1920, not 1930. This was so it matches with the theming of the Studio section it will be built in. Also that the theme will be again a movie production. This means that the story will be based on the building being a film set from the 1920's, with the lobby full of directors chairs, clapper board etc insted of the "working hotel" theme. The story focus's on an accident while filming, when the set was struck by lightening, resulting in the actors dissappearing, only to return to haunt the set.

Further more, I was told that if possible, they are trying to open as close to Haloween to maximise the story. (The article I read suggested that as the foundations for the attraction were built when the original studio was constructed and covered over, in an attempt to save money/time at a later date, that the Studio is even talking about a Haloween 2007 opening!)

Im not sure how true all this is, I will look for the link and post it.

BTW isnt the hotel alway themed around the 1920's, and just the accident and closing happening late 1930's?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Tower in Paris is going to be Twilight Zone themed, its a direct lift of DCA in every way. As far as I know, the non TZ story didnt reallly have any basis, apart from Internet rumor. WDI are referring to it as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and it will have the well known WDW/DCA TZ story, with the lightning strike etc.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
marni1971 said:

In Paris, the hotel originally opened in the 20s, but the "incident" took place in 1939, just like in the US versions. :)

penfold12

That will make me so happy if it is! I love the Twilight Zone theme, the music gives me goose bumps everytime I hear it since riding the two US versions.

How does that fit in with the themeing of the park though? With it being a "working" studio, without the themed areas such as Sunset Blvd.

The other reason posted in this article was the intention to change the theme and make it less talk/language based?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom