TDO light maintenance becoming a joke!

COProgressFan

The GF dvc has added its popcorn lights and there is already a few out. I will say thins are slightly improving because Narcoosses lights have been replaced, well some have, not all. View attachment 30859Blurred shot, but you can still tell.

Wow, can't believe there are already lights out. One would hope they will all be functioning when the DVC addition opens.

So it sounds like they didn't switch to LEDs? I'm surprised.

Scuttle

Original Poster
Wow, can't believe there are already lights out. One would hope they will all be functioning when the DVC addition opens.

So it sounds like they didn't switch to LEDs? I'm surprised.

I honestly couldn't believe it. I couldn't get my phone out quick enough for a good shot. I had to try and get something because I know without pictures no one would believe me. @WDW1974 what's the deal? I thought GK was kicking maintenance into high gear.

TP2000

So I'm assuming that they didn't switch to LEDs

Thank you. That's the big question here; did they or did they not switch to LEDs? Only Meg Crofton's hairdresser knows for sure. :cool:

But if they didn't use LEDs on new construction, then things are worse off in TDO than we may have thought.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

This really is sad. At the premium Disney charges, they can't change lightbulbs? You know how the Contemporary has little squares of lights between the rooms that you can see from the ground? You would not know it from the ground, but starting at about $500/night, you could see that probably 25% of those lightbulbs are out as you stand on your Magic Kingdom view balcony. At least that view is still beautiful...

tdpolo26

Excellent point. And what about Disney pool maintenance? They could stop filtering the water and let the pools become swampy alligator feeding grounds. And if maintenance is going down the toilet, what about hiring? They could lower their bus driver requirements to allow for blind people. That would be truly terrifying. And what about that rule against dropping anvils on guest heads? Easing up on that standard could have a devastating impact on guest satisfaction. Just a couple of simple light bulbs out? I think not.
to be honest the blind bus driver thing they would prolly market as the ray charles expierence..... and call it a e ticket attraction

danpam1024

You just don't get it. It's the "flagship" resort that has rack rates starting at 450 and they can't replace the light bulbs? What a joke. As I said this hasn't been like this for a month or two. It's going on 2 years.
I get ya! For the price paid to stay at the GF- EVERYTHING should be immaculate- including the lights. It's not a freaking Motel 6.

Mike730

I honestly couldn't believe it. I couldn't get my phone out quick enough for a good shot. I had to try and get something because I know without pictures no one would believe me. @WDW1974 what's the deal? I thought GK was kicking maintenance into high gear.

I also don't get it because it looks like they've replaced all interior bulbs with fluorescents, which I can guarantee wasn't cheap.

yensid67

I have a few light bulbs they can have!!!

Maybe we all can send them a light bulb to replace a burned out light bulb...maybe that will get someone's attention to pay more attention to detail!? Even if, for popcorn lighting, every other light bulb was out at least it wouldn't look as bad as 4 in a row and then 8 on then 9 out, etc!

danpam1024

Maybe we all can send them a light bulb to replace a burned out light bulb...maybe that will get someone's attention to pay more attention to detail!? Even if, for popcorn lighting, every other light bulb was out at least it wouldn't look as bad as 4 in a row and then 8 on then 9 out, etc!
that would take $10 from my "UOR vacation fund" LOL:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom