tarzan rocks?

dazzer68

Original Poster
:cry: is tazan rocks closing...im going to wdw for the first time in ten years and was looking forward to seeing this show when im there in feb 2006..will it be gone:cry:

barnum42

Last I heard it's going bye bye either end of the year or January, so I doubt it will be there come February.

*Pauses for the usual onslaught of "I thought it was a crap show" comments that always surface when a Tarzan Rocks thread is started* :lol:

keviekev05

Let me just say that I saw this show again yesterday, and I truly am going to miss it! Even though they were performing their "rainy day" show (no monkey skaters in the audience), it was still such an amazing performance! Ok...let the "I hate this show" comments begin! lol

Edeyore

barnum42 said:
Last I heard it's going bye bye either end of the year or January, so I doubt it will be there come February.

*Pauses for the usual onslaught of "I thought it was a crap show" comments that always surface when a Tarzan Rocks thread is started* :lol:

You know I always look to keep good relations with our friends from the United Kingdom.

Tarzan Rocks was in fact the taking of excellent songs by Phil Collins and
having them mercilessly abused by a low talent lounge singer. You may
now unpause and continue. :lol:

Laura

Premium Member
barnum42 said:

I thought it was a crap show. :lol:

barnum42

copper said:
Tarzan is coming to Broadway NYC this Spring. I'm not sure if it's the same show.
It's VERY not the same show. One of the board members (Nicholas) went to a presentation by the production team and let us know some bits about it. A quick search should turn it up :wave:

barnum42

Edeyore said:
Tarzan Rocks was in fact the taking of excellent songs by Phil Collins and having them mercilessly abused by a low talent lounge singer. You may now unpause and continue. :lol:
Actually, most of the abuse is usually along the lines of Phil Collins music being crap.

As for the lounge singer - it depends on who you get in the cast, I'll be the first to admit that some are not as first rate as others.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I heard one of those "my friends, brothers, girlfriends, uncle, once new a guy that drove a bus at WDW", rumors that WDW was trying to secure the services of Phil Collins to perform the last show. Any one else hear anything that could confirm or deny this?

Dragonrider1227

barnum42 said:
Actually, most of the abuse is usually along the lines of Phil Collins music being crap.

As for the lounge singer - it depends on who you get in the cast, I'll be the first to admit that some are not as first rate as others.
We're all intitled to our own opinion but Phil Collins' music is AWESOME! :sohappy:

nicholas

dazzer68 said:
:cry: is tazan rocks closing...im going to wdw for the first time in ten years and was looking forward to seeing this show when im there in feb 2006..will it be gone:cry:
I know it's not the same as seeing it live, but in case you haven't seen the video, Barnum made a fantastic one of the show. A quick search for Disney-Central should give you the needed information of finding and acquiring the video.

barnum42

nicholas said:
I know it's not the same as seeing it live, but in case you haven't seen the video, Barnum made a fantastic one of the show. A quick search for Disney-Central should give you the needed information of finding and acquiring the video.
Well gawsh, than you kindly for the compliment :eek:

spike3169

stink stink stink

I really liked the Tarzan show...it was cute and nicely paced for a good rest inbetween the hiking through AK. a lot better than the lion king one with the parade floats...Ill miss it and I liked the guy they had singing in that he was pretty good.

barnum42

Yoop33 said:
I liked the show... But that is a huge theater. What are they gonna put in it? Maybe something to do with E:E?
Lots of rumours floating around. The only thing that seems certain is that they will be enclosing it - as happened with the Lion King theatre. Lead rumour for a replacement show is Finding Nemo.

shoppingnut

Funny thing about that show is that it is always packed, so it can't stink that much, but it also depends on the singer not all of them are equal. My biggest complaint about the show is that they need to enclose it, just like the did the Lion King because it is way too hot and one time we almost passed out. I like the show, but don't need to do it every trip.

Ak! :eek:

This is one of the few shows I've always managed to miss. (Not a big AK fan). :(

I hope it's still there early Dec I'd like to see it before it vanishes...

Tigger1988

It really did stink, no offense, im actually surprised they are bringing Tarzan to Broadway, you would think Mary Poppins would make it there first

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom