Tarzan Rocks!!... Well, at least I think so

MicBat

Original Poster
Does anyone at this post, besides me, like the Tarzan Rocks! show at Animal Kingdom? I often hear people here and there bashing it and I think it is an awesome show. The whole concert atmosphere gets me all pumped up. Truthfully, although awesome, I don't think all of the stunts make the show, but the singing. I love the guy who sang when I went. Does anyone here know any of the people that sing in the show?

SewIn2Disney

Unfortunatley no, I don't know the singers (and one of them was HOT!) but I do have to agree with you...that show "Rocks"!
The movie was awesome, the Soundtrack was even more awesome and the show in the AK is excellent. (it would be even better if Phil Collens himself was singing...but I shall keep dreaming)
So there...at least one person loves that show

Legacy

I am/was what you may be able to call a mutual friend of one of the singers... but I didn't know he was in the show until after I saw it the first time. I love the show... but that is most likely because of the soundtrack which is one of my favorites ever (second only to Moulin Rouge). I would much rather watch Tarzan Rocks! then Festival of the Lion King. I just think it is more enjoyable. Maybe Lion King is just too played out.....

SpongeScott

I'm 41 years old and I like it. My son is one month away from the teen years and it's a MUST SEE when we go back in two weeks.

LaVieBoheme

To be honest with everone, I much rather enjoyed the Jungle Book show that was originally in the space occupied by Tarzan at the moment. I just remember a few specific things from the show, my favorite being the giant Shere Khan puppet operated by several performers. It gave me chills every time I saw it (5 times!!!) I was very disappointed to see that sho leave. (By the way, I HATE Festival of the Lion King. I liked the MK show better.)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by LaVieBoheme
To be honest with everone, I much rather enjoyed the Jungle Book show that was originally in the space occupied by Tarzan at the moment. I just remember a few specific things from the show, my favorite being the giant Shere Khan puppet operated by several performers. It gave me chills every time I saw it (5 times!!!) I was very disappointed to see that sho leave. (By the way, I HATE Festival of the Lion King. I liked the MK show better.)

I agree 100%. I loved the Jungle Book show and was SOOOO disappointed when they replaced it with such an awful bomb like Tarzan Rocks! I think it is the worst show I've ever seen at a Disney park.

Legacy

Whoa whoa whoa... I didnt think Tarzan REPLACED the Jungle Book show. They were still building the theatre I thought when the Jungle Book show was there. The Theatre in the Wild was created for Tarzan Rocks! I thought. Maybe I am wrong but I thought the Jungle Book show was over by the area where Asia was being built at the time. It was only intended to be a temporary attraction that would be taken out when Asia was built. Unfortunately I didn't see this show, and I look back wishing I had (I missed it... crap), but with the Jungle Book 2 coming out start hoping that it returns in some form.

EDIT- I say 'I thought' a lot in this post......

wannabeBelle

OK Cast another yeah vote for my Tarzan Rocks! show. I absolutely adore it and it is a must see on all of my trips. Next time I go I want to try to video tape it. Does anyone know of any restrictions?? If it comes out REALLY well, Ill see what I can do about getting a copy to Steve to put here on the site. I may need technical type direction on that though!! Belle

Tigggrl

Tarzan Rocks??? I wear the T-shirt proudly!
I LOVE this show....much better than the Lion King show...the music and the acrobatics and the skating...all rolled into one great show:)
I have some pics, maybe I can get them scanned.....maybe;)

MicBat

Original Poster
Wow! I usually hear a lot of bashing from members at the site about the show so I was reluctant to see it when I was dragged in my last visit. I'll know to follow my instinct, now, instead of listening to the opinions of others. :)

wannabeBelle

Well as others here have said...it is all very personal taste which dictates what you are going to like and not like. I also believe that a good mindset doesnt hurt either. If you think you are going to have a good time, chances are you will!! As I tell everyone who does Disney, do whatever you think appeals to you. What have you got to lose by trying?? You are on vacation anyhow so Hakuna Matata!!! Belle

westie

According to my wife, men in loincloth are worth watching. This statement does not reflect the views of the actual poster.

wannabeBelle

Originally posted by westie
According to my wife, men in loincloth are worth watching. This statement does not reflect the views of the actual poster.
It wasnt the man in the loincloth that got me, it was the tall good looking Blonde male singer!!!! WOW!!! And I am sure his name is Rob, all the men I like are!!!

Lilo

Originally posted by wannabeBelle

It wasnt the man in the loincloth that got me, it was the tall good looking Blonde male singer!!!! WOW!!! And I am sure his name is Rob, all the men I like are!!!

Well Belle it certainly doesn't surprise me why you liked the show. My little one has to go there everytime we visit - he loved the Tarzan movie and the songs. I have a thing for men in loincloths, the last time I went the singers weren't the same as the first (the blonde). By the way, I still have his picture:D

Timekeeper

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!

My only gripe about the Tarzan Rocks show is the type of theater in which it is performed. Watching the show, even in the shade and with the fans blowing, still feels HOT in Florida. Granted this complaint applies to numerous shows throughout WDW and other Orlando area theme parks.

I enjoy the show, and it's worth watching, but when everyone in the arena is fanning themsleves with guide maps, one wonders why more consideration wasn't given to the environmental temperature in Florida.:fork:

Tk

Shannon_Yensid

I LOVE tarzan rocks!! the jungle book thing, i wasn't like that one too much....i think tarzan rocks is my favorite stage show at WDW (except for the hunchback show at MGM)....i even dragged my engineering friends to see tarzan and they loved it too :sohappy:

Lome

I also love Tarzan Rocks!!:sohappy: It's my favorite show at Disney!!!:sohappy: I also loved Hunchback.... I'm really sad I won't be able to see that one again :(

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Tarzan Rocks ???? Ive seen more entertaining pub bands.

So bad I bet its used as a training ground for future boy band members.

wannabeBelle

Oh Goody....Snapper isnt going to be inline taking up my spot for Tarzan Rocks!!!! Here I come!! Also does anyone know how they choose the King/Queen of the Jungle??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom