Tarzan and Jane making brief appearances at Disney's Animal Kingdom next week

Killnme

For some reason I really liked this movie (probably b/c of the Phil Collins music but who knows). And thought Disney never gave it, its fair share of exposure.

Animaniac93-98

For some reason I really liked this movie (probably b/c of the Phil Collins music but who knows). And thought Disney never gave it, its fair share of exposure.

Legal issues make it difficult for them to use the characters as frequently as others. You'll notice a special credit for the Borroughs family every time they are (like in Kingdom Hearts).

Figments Friend

Agree. It would be nice if some sort of attraction, even if just a small one, could be introduced that touches on the Tarzan film.
It perfectly fits in with the atmosphere..and Terk has been a regular character there for some time.

The live stage show was cool...i was sorry to see it go, regardless of the nice plus the Nemo production is.
Perhaps at some point we will see a new Tarzan related entertainment offering...something besides a M&G?

Tarzan has his fans....and the film i always thought was very well done. Some great Glen Keane animation in that one...and the music is fab.

Sped2424

I think we all know what we want from tarzan. A tree sliding roller coaster. This could be done like those bob sled rollar coasters or a regular rollar coaster and make the supporting track like like the base of a tree.

Suspirian

I think we all know what we want from tarzan. A tree sliding roller coaster. This could be done like those bob sled rollar coasters or a regular rollar coaster and make the supporting track like like the base of a tree.
That almost came true for Disneyland Paris' Adventureland

tarzanrollercoaster1.jpg

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/international/tarzanrollercoaster.php

Id love for the concept to be revisited for DAK. Hell, They can even use the concept for an original attraction. Or If they want a more popular character, they could use Rafiki and his tree.

Sped2424

That almost came true for Disneyland Paris' Adventureland

tarzanrollercoaster1.jpg

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/international/tarzanrollercoaster.php

Id love for the concept to be revisited for DAK. Hell, They can even use the concept for an original attraction. Or If they want a more popular character, they could use Rafiki and his tree.
Bada bing bada boom^ Make it happen disney except way more trees and have it go through some show scenes, I wanna run into sabor and freak out cause he pops out of nowhere

DasManiac

Legal issues make it difficult for them to use the characters as frequently as others. You'll notice a special credit for the Borroughs family every time they are (like in Kingdom Hearts).

The characters are in the public domain. Anybody can use the characters that debuted in Tarzan of The Apes. The Sequels however are still copyrighted. The same goes for the Barsoom series (John Carter) except that quite a few of the books are in the public domain.

Animaniac93-98

The characters are in the public domain. Anybody can use the characters that debuted in Tarzan of The Apes. The Sequels however are still copyrighted. The same goes for the Barsoom series (John Carter) except that quite a few of the books are in the public domain.

I hadn't heard of that before, but after some research I found this:

"Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc. (ERB) is one such organization. Founded in 1923, this corporation has been handling all the copyrights and other rights for the works created by the author Edgar Rice Burroughs. Amongst the rights held by the corporation are the rights to the Tarzan and John Carter of Mars characters. What makes this situation somewhat unique is the fact that only a portion of the Tarzan and John Carter books are still covered by copyright in the US. A number of the early works were published prior to 1923 when modern copyright terms of life plus 70 years went into effect. Even though the copyrights of the early works are long expired, ERB has shown that it will block the use of both characters in modern derivative works."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...aw-to-prevent-use-public-domain-stories.shtml

I guess Disney fears them for this reason. Either that or some of the Disney material is based on the sequels (I've never read the books so I don't know if that's the case).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom