Tapestry of Nations without the drums

aladdin2007

I loved that parade, when I was there specifically to watch it. Maybe the best they've done. But if I wasn't there to watch it, perhaps going to an ADR, it was a nightmare. The World Showcase walkway just isn't wide enough, even without the drums. And now with booths around the park, especially during F&G and F&W, movement around the showcase would be impossible. As much as I enjoyed it I would never want to see another parade there.

Exactly, not to mention the new dining buildings popping up taking away space and views, Mexico, Morocco, apparently more to come, its just not doable anymore and will never see something of that calibur again sadly around WS promenade.

oovwee

It was still all in storage as of 2008. I worked at Liberty Inn and walked to the America pavilion instead of taking the bus and made friends with some of the techs working on the Illuminations globe which was under refurb. After a couple weeks of talking to them (I started getting to work a half hour early in case I struck up a convo), a couple of them let me peak in the storage garages behind WS, where I could see several of the puppets and some of the drums clearly. They told me the whole thing is in there (although they told me some of the puppets with fabric with mesh were starting to show deterioration). They did say some of the puppets were used on occasion (the ones I am guessing mentioned here for events).

aladdin2007

It was still all in storage as of 2008. I worked at Liberty Inn and walked to the America pavilion instead of taking the bus and made friends with some of the techs working on the Illuminations globe which was under refurb. After a couple weeks of talking to them (I started getting to work a half hour early in case I struck up a convo), a couple of them let me peak in the storage garages behind WS, where I could see several of the puppets and some of the drums clearly. They told me the whole thing is in there (although they told me some of the puppets with fabric with mesh were starting to show deterioration). They did say some of the puppets were used on occasion (the ones I am guessing mentioned here for events).

Spectro anyone? wow management is :banghead:

AllyInWonderland

:eek:

:cold: * Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry... * :cold:

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: NO!!!!!!!!! THOSE PUPPETS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!!!!!! POOR DISKMAN!!!!!! :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

FigmentJedi

It's been boxed up this whole time?

Jwhee

shocking. I wonder why they boxed it up, do you think if someone goes on a vip tour there guide can show them this? And, I wonder if they are still there. It seems like disney has been doing some funky stuff with epcot. Like with the most recent pictures of buzzy they put a new hat on him and removed all cc logos, Why? are they still running the show for private events under a different name? are they using these floats for something!? just some thoughts...

RedFurredCadet

shocking. I wonder why they boxed it up, do you think if someone goes on a vip tour there guide can show them this? And, I wonder if they are still there. It seems like disney has been doing some funky stuff with epcot. Like with the most recent pictures of buzzy they put a new hat on him and removed all cc logos, Why? are they still running the show for private events under a different name? are they using these floats for something!? just some thoughts...
Nobody knows; I wonder if anyone has pictorial evidence of the wardrobe change for our brain pilot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom