Tapestry of Nations without the drums

Polydweller

I loved that parade, when I was there specifically to watch it. Maybe the best they've done. But if I wasn't there to watch it, perhaps going to an ADR, it was a nightmare. The World Showcase walkway just isn't wide enough, even without the drums. And now with booths around the park, especially during F&G and F&W, movement around the showcase would be impossible. As much as I enjoyed it I would never want to see another parade there.

harryk

I loved that parade, when I was there specifically to watch it. Maybe the best they've done. But if I wasn't there to watch it, perhaps going to an ADR, it was a nightmare. The World Showcase walkway just isn't wide enough, even without the drums. And now with booths around the park, especially during F&G and F&W, movement around the showcase would be impossible. As much as I enjoyed it I would never want to see another parade there.

This parade could still be accommodated in the space around the lagoon. Disney must have just decided that it was only good for the century change and shelved it later. At least they kept the lagoon torches - which arn't lighted often enough (just having them lit for illuminations is totally inadequate). Saying it hurt the performers backs seems a stretch and a bad excuse.

donsullivan

Premium Member

In addition to the health (backs) issues of the performers with the puppets one of the really big issues is that Epcot is simply not designed with the needed traffic flow patterns for a parade. Many areas of the World Showcase Promenade are so narrow that they had to be completely blocked while the parade was passing by. This resulted in large clogs of people in areas like United Kingdom of people who didn't want to watch the parade but could not continue moving around the lagoon. It created such a major bottleneck for people that it could become very unpleasant.

Cmdr_Crimson

They do a tribute to them with gameboards and pices as a Window display at Once Upon A Toy at DTD
toystore_01.jpg

I find it Ironic that one has Sorry on it's chest...

AllyInWonderland

I had this weird dream recently where I was at a Walmart and Disney was selling Diskman puppets, so I got one immediately, and tried putting it on to see how heavy it was. Then I put it inside a car and it looked like he was sitting up. :eek:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I had this weird dream recently where I was at a Walmart and Disney was selling Diskman puppets, so I got one immediately, and tried putting it on to see how heavy it was. Then I put it inside a car and it looked like he was sitting up. :eek:
I had a dream like that to LOL, I bough a full size fold up puppet. Thats scarey that the puppet was sitting up, it would be scarier if one of those wooden hands started to creap towards the dashboared.

AllyInWonderland

I had a dream like that to LOL, I bough a full size fold up puppet. Thats scarey that the puppet was sitting up, it would be scarier if one of those wooden hands started to creap towards the dashboared.
Yeah. I keep having dreams where Diskman puppets are being sold and people buy them, not knowing or caring where it came from, and I'm just like THOSE ARE SPECIAL PUPPETS FROM DISNEY WORLD!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!! :p

harryk

What has happened to the drums and puppets? Were some rethemed and used in the Mickey's Jingle Jungle parade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom