Tapestry Of Dreams Parade

askmike1

I do love that parade, however, I would much rather see its predecesor return (Tapestry of Nations). That parade was so magestic and so great, probably the best parade Disney has ever had. I liked Dreams, but thought the speeches and the Dreamseekers were too corny. I liked the Sage of Time much better. We probably won't see a parade at Epcot though until it's 25th (which is coming up fairly soon).

-Michael

manny8979@yahoo

Original Poster

askmike1 said:
I do love that parade, however, I would much rather see its predecesor return (Tapestry of Nations). That parade was so magestic and so great, probably the best parade Disney has ever had. I liked Dreams, but thought the speeches and the Dreamseekers were too corny. I liked the Sage of Time much better. We probably won't see a parade at Epcot though until it's 25th (which is coming up fairly soon).

-Michael
Your right but i feel that both parades where some of the best parades disney has created i mean there are hardly and parades at disney that characters interact with you and when you watch the pupets reach down and touch a child their faces light up with happiness and thats a parade that you want to see!!

Epcot82Guy

I was really impressed with Tapestry of Dreams. The music and concept of interactive puppets was outstanding. I never saw Nations, though. I agree that the DreamSeekers concept is very corny, but I think it could be made better. Any revival of this could be a great addition, IMHO. The one major problem is traffic flow, though. I think a new concept for that would help, but I honestly have no idea how to accomplish that aside from building new walkways or something.

askmike1

Epcot82Guy said:
The one major problem is traffic flow, though. I think a new concept for that would help, but I honestly have no idea how to accomplish that aside from building new walkways or something.
Yes, I definately agree. The only thing I could see them doing is making the viewing areas more defined. Instead of taped sidewalks, perhaps have some ropes up. This way, they could know where everyones going to be and plan the parade more easily.

-Michael

Madison

Tapestry of Dreams was one of the only parades I'd ever stop and watch while in the parks. I have fond memories of emerging from a pavilion or attraction and hearing the parade's rhythmic music playing around the World Showcase.

English Belle

I agree and would love to see either parade, but especially Nations, brought back. I'm sure everyone else has noticed the beautiful artwork on the wall behind the desk in Epcot Guest Relations? It's a kind of collage and really evocative of the parade. I meant to pop in and ask if I could photograph it last time I was there (probably wouldn't have been allowed anyway!) but I forgot.

Epcot82Guy

Madison said:
Tapestry of Dreams was one of the only parades I'd ever stop and watch while in the parks. I have fond memories of emerging from a pavilion or attraction and hearing the parade's rhythmic music playing around the World Showcase.

I totally agree. It is the only Disney parade that has any symbolism to it, IMHO. Spectro is good ONLY because of the memories of being at the Magic Kingdom. The others feel very cheesy and "for the kids." That's great, since they are meant to do that. I never felt anticipation for them, though, even as a kid. Others I know, though, hated Tapestry. it seems, though, that they didn't like the clogging of the pathways though. It had nothing to do with the content of the parade itself. To each his own, I guess...

I wonder if Tapestry could be re-worked into a narrower walking space. Have the outer edge, as someone suggested, roped off so that a pathway is left. They even could put different stones and markings on the pathway to designate the "walkway" so that it looked great during non-parade times and functioned as something during parade times.

PBarton

Tapestry of Nations was awesome!

I never got to see T.O.D. though, was there much difference between the two parades??

The music from T.O.N. is amazing, I love to listen it at work on my headphones. I wish they would bring it back!

I remember being at Epcot last year during the extra magic hour. It was great to watch Reflections of Earth from the far side of the World Showcase lagoon, and not have to race out of the park to get in the resort bus queue!

After ROE, the TON soundtrack came over the speaker system, it is such an uplifting piece of music..

KaliSplash

Sorry, I never saw Tapestry of Dreams and was not impressed with Tapestry of Nations. Soundtrack of TON wasn't bad, just never was that impressed with the parade itself.

Yellowbird97

When I saw this topic the first thing I thought was, gee I wish they would bring this parade back. I really miss it and when I go to EPCOT, which I will in 2 weeks :sohappy: , I sing to myself the song from the parade. People probably think I am strange but it makes me feel good.

manny8979@yahoo

Original Poster
Tapestry Of Dreams

I Really Miss Those Days Where You Would Hear Dream Seekers Or The Sound Of The Sage Of Time Coming Down The Streets Of Epcot And Making The Magic In Which Each And Every One Of Us Has Been Touched By With This Parade, This Parade Was One Of The Only One Of Its Kind Where Performers Are Not Stuck Just Waving On A Float Where They Can Walk All Around World Shocase In Rythm And Touching Guests, I Will Truly Miss This Parade And I Think That No Other Disney Parade Can Live Up To It I Really Hope It Returns.!!!!
Dream Seekers,"May Your Journeys Forever Belay With Peace And Jouvoulent Dreams May Forever Increase We Look To The Future To A Beautiful Dawn Till The Will Be With You Farewell And Dream On"!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You Would Like To See Both Parade Videos Again Go To Disneydreams.net

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom