Tapestry Of Dreams Parade

Captain Hank

I really liked TON (never got to see TOD in person). However, there were issues with the parade that most guests are not aware of. The puppets were quite heavy and unwieldy, and put their full weight on the back of the performer. This wouldn't be a problem if the puppets were only used occasionally, but since it was a daily parade, the performers suffered mightily. This explains mkt's earlier response. He was one of those performers and suffered from back problems for a long time afterwards (and might still).

As for the differences between TON and TOD, there weren't many. For TOD, the character of the Sage of Time was eliminated, and replaced by three "Dreamseakers" who went along the parade route collecting the dreams of young Epcot guests, written on pieces of paper. They were accompanied by a small float, which looked a lot like the canopy over the Innoventions info desk, formerly Millenium Central. The music was essentially the same as TON, with the addition of small musical segues and the occasional dialog of children expressing their dreams in different languages. There was also a short monologue near the middle, which included a quote from Walt Disney to tie it into the 100 Years of Magic celebration. Overall, I think these changes to the score were detremental to the music, and it should have been left alone. Also, with the transition to TOD, I think that TON lost a lot of its meaning and effect. It was still one of the best parades Disney ever did (except for the things that it did to the performers).

Unfortunately, due to the problems it caused for the cast members, don't expect something like TON/TOD to ever happen again, at least in the form of large puppets of that type.

lilkitty819

I for one, am one of those people who don't really wait for parades with the exception of one, which was the TOD. If I was in Epcot for the whole day I would see it both times.I just thought it was so magical after all isn't Disney about dreams.

Edeyore

I was lucky enough to see the Tapestry of Nations parade, and Reflections of
Earth when they were both new. I have never been so moved by a "performance" in all of my life. I would love to see Tapestry of Nations return. It would be like reliving the millenium celebration.

DarkImage4

I loved the Tapestry parades as well. I have a great memory from my honeymoon (ToN), when one of the puppeteers sat down on the bench next to me and posed for a picture .

Unfortunately, these parade will not retuirn due to the number of CM injuries that happened during the performances. If you want to know more, do a search, I'm sure there are some old discussions about the subject.

Miss Bell

I usually don't admit this, but the first year I went to WDW, I was not immediately converted into the Disney-maniac I am now. My defining moment was ToN. There was just something magical about that parade, then following it by Illuminations that will always move me. I swear there is a trigger somewhere in that music that makes me cry no matter what.

I have read on numerous posts that the puppets have all been dismantled and sold, and I understand that there were many cast member back injuries, so I know it is never coming back. I hope that soon Disney can create another parade as beautiful and moving as both ToN and ToD. I think Epcot deserves it.

Edeyore

Captain Hank said:
I really liked TON (never got to see TOD in person). However, there were issues with the parade that most guests are not aware of. The puppets were quite heavy and unwieldy, and put their full weight on the back of the performer. This wouldn't be a problem if the puppets were only used occasionally, but since it was a daily parade, the performers suffered mightily. This explains mkt's earlier response. He was one of those performers and suffered from back problems for a long time afterwards (and might still).

We have to ask ourselves, at this point, what is more important the health
and well being of the performers or our enjoyment of an attraction. Just make
sure to have spare performers on the side in case one falls, they can immediately be replaced. No slowing up the parade now.
(Honestly, I am just kidding, but anyone who had anything to do with those parades should be proud of a job well done. They were always awesome!!!!)

chris70785

I loved TON and TOD (though not as good as TON, IMHO). I wish there was some way to revamp the puppets and bring the parade back because this is the only parade I actually looked forward to seeing.

DisneyDellsDude

I loved both parades but they seemed to get a little boring after a while.
When Epcot's 25th comes around, I hope to see one those parades come back but with a few more different things in them.

manny8979@yahoo

Original Poster
Tapestry Of Dreams

It Is funny because no matter how much the puppets weigh the performers where even more energetic than ever so this did not show,,and the puppets are being kept in a warehouse at epcot they have NOT been sold or dismantled as for the drum floats and dream catcher float they are also being kept with the puppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom