Tank tops / shorts policy

Vinsud

Im a guy arriving with family for a visit later this month. Would there be any issues or problems wearing tanks tops and shorts around the parks in the daytime? Is this common?
Any problems wearing them in the quick dining places or Disney resorts (breakfast)?

Thanks.
Vinay

wombat

Im a guy arriving with family for a visit later this month. Would there be any issues or problems wearing tanks tops and shorts around the parks in the daytime? Is this common?
Any problems wearing them in the quick dining places or Disney resorts (breakfast)?

Thanks.
Vinay
Tank Tops, now that is something I have not heard since the 70's. You must be as old as me

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Unless you're dining in a venue designated as a "Signature" restaurant (in which case you'd want something at least one step more formal -- like chino shorts and a polo), your shorts-and-tank attire will be entirely appropriate anywhere on Disney property.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Unless you're dining in a signature restaurant (in which case, you'd want something at least one step more formal -- like chino shorts and a polo), your attire will be entirely appropriate anywhere on Disney property.

And even that is only if the signature is not in a park.
If its in a theme park its fair game for shorts/tank like CRT or Le Cellier.

Upvote 0

Jon81uk

And even that is only if the signature is not in a park.
If its in a theme park its fair game for shorts/tank like CRT or Le Cellier.

Technically the dress code still applies at Tiffins, Le Cellier and Brown Derby, but many people don't adhere and the greeter doesn't really do anything about it. But I would suggest if going to those restaurants put on something a little nicer than a tank top. Anywhere else in the park its just fine.

Upvote 0

MrMcDuck

If you have muscles worthy of showing off, you'll look better than 90% of those that choose to wear tank tops at WDW. But seriously, people wear everything you could possibly imagine at almost every restaurant on property. You won't feel out of place.

Upvote 0

DisAl

My usual attire at the parks consists of khaki shorts and a golf shirt or one of my "Grumpy" t-shirts. In hot weather 90% of the people in the parks will be wearing shorts. In the quick service restaurants if you are not dressed in a manner that would get you arrested or ejected from the parks you should be OK. ;)
If going to a signature restaurant outside the parks I usually step it up to nice khaki slacks and a nicer golf shirt or regular shirt out of consideration for the other diners. Some of the top tier signatures do require something other than shorts. If I am planning on a signature while in the park for the day I at least wear some nicer shorts and golf shirts.
My biggest problem with a tank top is that the top doesn't cover my tank very well. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Vinsud

Original Poster
Thank you - all the comments here have given me confidence that I won’t stand out for the wrong reasons.
We only have the quick service dining plan, so don’t plan to eat anywhere that should be considered “formal”.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

As long as your cheeks are covered, this isn't Universal after all. And if your tank doesn't quite cover your nipples, band aids or Mickey stickers can be used in a pinch (for the record, I am a woman and do not wear cheek shorts or tanks that show anything other than my arms). Sounds like you already have this info., though. Have fun!

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Technically the dress code still applies at Tiffins, Le Cellier and Brown Derby, but many people don't adhere and the greeter doesn't really do anything about it. But I would suggest if going to those restaurants put on something a little nicer than a tank top. Anywhere else in the park its just fine.
Tiffins has a dress code? We're going to be at AK all day and ending our day with dinner at Tiffins. Does that mean we need a change of clothes?

Upvote 0

Jon81uk

Tiffins has a dress code? We're going to be at AK all day and ending our day with dinner at Tiffins. Does that mean we need a change of clothes?
All signature restaurants have a dress code, but the in-park signature restaurants (Tiffins, Le Cellier and Brown Derby) don't enforce it as heavily as the resort signatures. So I would avoid a tank top or anything way way too casual, but you wouldn't need to get changed. We wore t-shirts and kaki shorts/cargo shorts.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I've seen guests in tank tops and shorts eat at DHS Brown Derby. Should be same for Tiffins. It's not easy getting changed in a theme park. Where, in a crowded restroom? After walking all day in the heat and hot and sweaty, theme park dining surely understands.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

I've seen guests in tank tops and shorts eat at DHS Brown Derby. Should be same for Tiffins. It's not easy getting changed in a theme park. Where, in a crowded restroom? After walking all day in the heat and hot and sweaty, theme park dining surely understands.
Actually yes to changing in a crowded restroom if needed--not that hard to do. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom