Tangled Trailer

BrerFrog

Original Poster
Has anyone watched the recently released Tangled trailer?

I had good hopes for this movie, but based on the trailer I don't think it will live up to those. I think the movie is trying way too hard to be funny and hip. But I doubt that the Walt Disney Animation Studios will release a "bad" movie with Lasseter as its leader.

BrerFrog

Original Poster
Looks OK to me too

*invites unkadug to the movies*

I would accept an invitation too. :D

I didn't like the trailer, but as a huge fan of Disney Animation there is no way I am missing it. I am hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.

radiohost

it looks like a freaking shrek movie!!!

it looks corny, badly written with cliches, and the animation is up there with "bolt"...oh, and i thought this was supposed to be a 2d movie like patf???

epic. Fail. Lasseter.

radiohost

Oh, and just to throw this in there as well...

The notion that PATF wasn't as big a hit as expected due to young boys being unattracted to the theater because of the films title is just plain laughable.

Can we say, "The Little Mermaid" "Beauty and the Beast" "Mulan" "Pocahontas"....???

Disney just wanted an excuse to say why the film didn't live up to expectations. I like the film but thought PATF could have been better with a better soundtrack (see Little Mermaid, Lion King and Beauty and the Beasts soundtracks as examples) as well as some script changes in the villains role, what was his name again?

I'll see Tangled, but this trailer is a huge let down for me....I see on here and on other blogs I am not alone.

Unfortunately they must've thrown out the 3D software that was originally created for this film. I'll admit that I'm a bit stunned and dissapointed with the final rendering of this film. It was supposed to originally look as though it was 2D while being completely done in 3D.....too bad that didn't work out since they sunk all kinds of money into the software.

I disagree that this looks like a Dreamworks film, it looks like a 3D film that any major animation studio could turn out. In my opinion it still has a strong strong Disney feel to the character design, but it looks as if a lot of the original character designs were scrapped with the software.

It was never intended to be a 2D film...from it's initial conception wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy back when, it was always slated to be a 3D film. The software that they developed under Glen Keanes direction made the 3D models appear to be done in a 2D manner. It was originally supposed to appear as if the characters were painted, which was one of the reasons I was extremely excited about this movie. Now though, it's obvious that the final renderings have none of that effect applied to them.

Question now is...do I still see this film that I've been patiently waiting over 5 years for? I think it continues to look fun and interesting, but much like Bolt, everything that it was supposed to be...it isn't. I never did and never will...see Bolt.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There's just no pleasing some people. Good grief folks, the movie hasn't even started yet and you guys are tearing it a new one.

GrumpyFan

It looks like it might be fun, but it also looks very Shrek-like. The characters, their mannerisms, the action, the soundtrack all look like they came from the same computers and animators that worked on Shrek. I don't know if that's the look they were trying for, but I'm a little confused as to why they've done it like this, unless they are actually trying to catch some of Shrek's audience.

I'm just dissapointed with the fact that they've dumped everything that I've waited the past 5 years for. The rendering process had such promise and now...it's not gonna be used.

I knew that there would be major changes when Glen Keane stepped down and was replaced. I knew the story was going to change, but I never ever expected them to not use rendering software that was developed specifically for this film.

It's almost on par with waiting for Santa to come and bring you the best gift ever and he comes, but with something else that you weren't sure you wanted.

Wilt Dasney

My only complaint is the absolutely ridiculous title they settled on. "Rapunzel" is very clear, tells you exactly what kind of story you're getting. "Tangled" means absolutely nothing without knowing what the movie's about already. It makes me wonder if Cinderella would be called "Barefoot" or "Slippery" or Sleeping Beauty would be "Drowsy" if they were made today. :lol:

Disney should stop trying to be so hip and edgy, and just be what they are.

With that old man rant out of the way....it looks fun, and I will very likely go see it.

drew81

My only complaint is the absolutely ridiculous title they settled on. "Rapunzel" is very clear, tells you exactly what kind of story you're getting. "Tangled" means absolutely nothing without knowing what the movie's about already. It makes me wonder if Cinderella would be called "Barefoot" or "Slippery" or Sleeping Beauty would be "Drowsy" if they were made today. :lol:

Disney should stop trying to be so hip and edgy, and just be what they are.

With that old man rant out of the way....it looks fun, and I will very likely go see it.

I'm with you. I like the old title much better.

imagineer boy

I've read in some places that the makers of the film are outraged by the trailer and that the film is more like a classic Disney film in style than the trailer makes it seem. Apparently Disney marketing panicked and went this route for marketing it after PATF.

radiohost

I've read in some places that the makers of the film are outraged by the trailer and that the film is more like a classic Disney film in style than the trailer makes it seem. Apparently Disney marketing panicked and went this route for marketing it after PATF.

Can you provide some links please?

Thanks...

If this is true, than this is one of the dumbest moves I have seen by Disney in a long time...

DisneyNut2007

I'm with you. I like the old title much better.

Well, then, shame on you for liking the old title better, Drew!

You're only making yourself look more and more bad and foolish by siding with all the other anti-Disney nuts around here! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Man, we sure do need Enderikari and Wannab@Dis to return to this forum and post in it again more than ever to help restore order and balance around here. :(

BrerFrog

Original Poster

I would also love to see links for this. I have seens tons of movies on which the trailers were far from faithful to what the movie had to offer, and I hope this is the case.

As I said, I doubt Lasseter would greenlight a movie that constantly displays the kind of humor featured in that trailer, because it just does not live up to the other productions of the studios.

I do think this is the case of a poorly edited trailer.

disneysroyal411

They aren't following the story of Rapunzel though so it's okay what they are doing, sort of. I'll see it and I'm not against. I'm sure it's not horrible and you guys sound like you are complaining about it being like Shrek when Shrek was pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom