Tangled Meet and Greet Rumor

MoonMouse1

Original Poster
I have heard through the grapevine that Flynn will be leaving on or around July 3rd for good, and Rapunzel will be doing meet and greets alone after that date.

NewfieFan

That is too bad! It's great to have some of the male characters still around especially next to the Princesses... makes it easier if you have a boy and a girl! My son gladly queued up for the Repunzal M&G with his sister b/c he knew he would be seeing Flynn!

Kirk88

I didn't even know there was a Rapunzel meet and greet currently. Where is she?

It's between the Castle and Tomorrowland (closer to the right side of the Castle if you're standing in front of it). I believe it's called the 'Princess Grotto'.

Ignohippo

That is too bad! It's great to have some of the male characters still around especially next to the Princesses... makes it easier if you have a boy and a girl! My son gladly queued up for the Repunzal M&G with his sister b/c he knew he would be seeing Flynn!

Flynn was just as big a part of Tangled as Repunzal. Disney finally has a strong male character to go along with a Princess. This makes no sense and is a terrible move. Meet and Greets are so incredibly popular and such a minimal cost (compared to rides and other attractions), it makes no sense for Disney to not take better advantage of them.

drew81

Prince Naveen is leaving as well.

Having Flynn leave is a bad move on Disney's part. There has been a high guest demand to see Rapunzel and Flynn. Guests wait a long time as is to see them and now they'll only meet 1 character.

notnothin

Flynn was just as big a part of Tangled as Repunzal. Disney finally has a strong male character to go along with a Princess. This makes no sense and is a terrible move. Meet and Greets are so incredibly popular and such a minimal cost (compared to rides and other attractions), it makes no sense for Disney to not take better advantage of them.

My three year old daughter will be absolutely devastated if this actually happens. While she has watched the movie countless times and is a huge fan of Rapunzel, it was really Flynn who stole the show at the M&G during our last trip in February. She was elated when he took her hand and led her up the stairs following the dance, and still talks about her time with "Eugene" to this day. I just don't understand the thought process here, as I thought he was quite popular with adults as well. :(

mm52200

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!! People need to complain, Naveen and Flynn easily outshine their princess counterparts and I'm pretty sure more people are interested in meeting Flynn than Rapunzel. It can't be that expensive to have one more character performer scheduled can it? This isn't even a huge saving in the long run is it? Also I'm surprised since Tangled was made so gender neutral and made Flynn more of a bigger character than Rapunzel that they would take him away. I mean he is more than your standard Prince Charming.

dizneeboy

I just confirmed with my friend who plays the roles of the princes that this is not a rumor and is true. He wants everyone to write in to keep Flynn and Naveen. Flynn hasnt even been in the parks for a year and is a big pull. So, doesn't seem like a well thought out decision.

notnothin

I just confirmed with my friend who plays the roles of the princes that this is not a rumor and is true. He wants everyone to write in to keep Flynn and Naveen. Flynn hasnt even been in the parks for a year and is a big pull. So, doesn't seem like a well thought out decision.

Which email should we use for this?

drew81

Yes! Rapunzel and Flynn Rider are extremely popular!

Which email should we use for this?

Guest relations.

Get ready for "Brave", another princess that will soon invade more of the parks.

Princess Merida won't be in the parks till next year.

Neverland

Why don't they just take Aladdin away from Adventureland too, while they're at it? Everyone only cares about Princess Jasmine anyway. It's got a princess in it, so it must be a princess movie. What was that flick called again? Oh yeah. 'Aladdin'. :lookaroun

Tori

Well this just ticks me off. Does Disney not like guys or something? I do not understand their thought process at all. I will be expressing my feelings to Disney about this. :mad:

RWilliams

Premium Member
Prince Naveen is leaving as well.

Having Flynn leave is a bad move on Disney's part. There has been a high guest demand to see Rapunzel and Flynn. Guests wait a long time as is to see them and now they'll only meet 1 character.

I had heard that Naveen was leaving as well. Its such a shame! There have been quite a few cuts in entertainment over the past few weeks at MK, most of which the average guest wouldn't notice. There are a number of meet and greet locations in the Magic Kingdom that used to have two attendants and have now been cut back to only one. It may sound trivial but the extra attendant in those locations really helped with not only making sure the character is safe but to help facilitate the guest experience.

JafarMaleficent

Very stupid move on disney's part. Flynn is a great character and the chemistry between him and Rapunzel adds to that. And Naveen too. Wow disney way to alienate all the little boys and boys at heart that looked forward to seeing them. Are you gonna have uni get rid of their marvel superhero meet and greets next since its something little boys want to see?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom