Tangled Area Opening Date

Skibum1970

Original Poster
Does anyone know or have an idea of when the Most Famous Restrooms In Disney's History will open? It seems that they are really cooking with construction but I didn't know if the intent was to have them open when New Fantasyland opens on 12/6/2012. It seems like there isn't enough time but they are only restrooms (finely themed as they are).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think there's a date yet, but it's likely that it'll open on Dec. 6.

I really doubt it will open on the 6th. Based on the amount of detail we have heard that this area will have I highly doubt they will get it done that fast.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can only imagine how long this detail alone will take:

RapunzelPlaza.jpg

cba

I can only imagine how long this detail alone will take:

RapunzelPlaza.jpg
OK, I was just proven wrong. This will take a while, especially if it takes WDI to make us wait until 2014 to ride SDMT. Maybe March (or is that soon. Maybe to long). Hopefully soon enough.

themoose

Couldn't they have scaled back the budget of the restroom and plussed a queue instead? It is begining to look like the budget of this and the new HM queue are in the same ballpark.

doctornick

I'm wondering if they'll open the bathrooms around the same time as Fairytale Hall since they are in the same genre and that is probably a reasonable timeframe for the details to work out.

The sooner they get the bathrooms the better, so they can get working on Pan and getting that queue improved. Can't wait until the 7DMT is finally done and all the walls are down.

dreamfinder

Couldn't they have scaled back the budget of the restroom and plussed a queue instead? It is begining to look like the budget of this and the new HM queue are in the same ballpark.

Isn't this one of those details that we are always complaining that current management overlooks? Spending money to make small out of the way less important items look like they belong and were well thought out?

Atomicmickey

Isn't this one of those details that we are always complaining that current management overlooks? Spending money to make small out of the way less important items look like they belong and were well thought out?

You know, you're right about this. Even though this is "just a restroom", what we've always loved
about Disney is "holy cow, I can't believe they went to this extent for a restroom".

I don't think anyone can complain about what they are doing, but I think what you're seeing is
"e-ticket drought". The new Fantasyland is stunning to look at, but is missing that huge, wow,
amazing, envelope pushing ride that would tie it all together. Even the Dwarfs mine coaster isn't
going to be that.

I'd wager that the addition of a huge, cutting-edge e-ticket somewhere in the MK (TL?) would put
everyone completely at ease with Tangled bathrooms, etc. Happy, even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom