Trip Report Tales From the Two Goofs Vault

Greetings again my friends. During my large amount of available free time, I have been working to digitally backup some of our old photos, as well as track down and backup any digital files as well. So far I have come across 3 Disney trips that I haven’t shared on these boards before. One from March 2019, one from September 2016, and another from June 2015. I will be doing these TRs from newest to oldest. Please note that I have no notes on our activities, so the pictures will likely not be in perfect order. I will try and provide commentary on things I do remember. So let’s get started!

Trip 1.

When: March 8-11, 2019

Who: Myself and A as always, plus our closest friends C and M.
CEB0ECA0-23DE-4218-85D4-43C6422C5055.jpeg

Where: POFQ for just one night, and Coronado Springs(more on why we did a split stay on such a short trip later).

Why: A top secret mission to photograph and celebrate C and M’s engagement.

A little background on how this trip happened.

C is one of A’s oldest and closest friends, he is the closest thing she has to a brother, and she does refer to him as her brother. He had been dating M for about a year at this point, and we all knew she was perfect for him. He’d decided to pop the question on their spring break trip to Disney. For months he had been asking A and I to come down with them to take pictures of the big event, and to celebrate with them(or console him if she said no!). It didn’t look like we would both be able to make the trip though. I finally agreed to at least get A a plane ticket and she was going to go alone for just the weekend and return.

Well as fate would have it, right at the 60 day mark I was finally able to secure the 4 days off needed to take the trip. Unfortunately there was extremely limited availability at the resorts. The only resort with full availability for the weekend was grand Floridian, which was at a non discount rate. We finally found 2 nights at Coronado, and one night at French quarter. We also purchased APs because we had already planned on being at WDW for several day’s in the summer, so it ended up being less to get the AP rather than buying separate tickets for each trip. I was also able to get the AP spring discount applied to our reservations.

With all of that business out of the way, we were able to make FP reservations right at 60 days! C wanted it to be a surprise for M that we were going to be there. We went along with this plan, but boy was it hard not to spill the beans at our super bowl party that year!

Day 0/Night1:

While I was able to get Friday-Monday off, A had no such luck, and had to work a half day Friday. This meant taking a later flight than normal. We had a 7:15 flight out of Dallas Love Field. Our plan was to be at the airport around 5:30. 5:30 on a Friday driving through downtown Dallas, what could possibly go wrong?! Fortunately while traffic was pretty heavy, and my phone told me to take the wrong exit one time, we still made it to the airport on time.

89563D8A-3670-4EF4-B4B7-B396BB8AB0C1.jpeg

Already a little tired before takeoff!

Our flight down went smoothly and a few hours later we landed in Orlando. Because of the time change, by the time we got down to DME it was approaching 11 pm. We were both more than ready to get to our room and get a few hours of sleep. Our bus only had a few parties on it. We stopped at riverside first, then French Quarter. Our room had been ready since lunch time of that day, so we went straight to our room. It was well after midnight when we made it to our room.

Apparently we knew that @Nunu would like some room photos at the time!😜
EF6BB993-7819-4C63-AE3F-6455B3D05674.jpeg

Another boring redesigned room.

6931EA40-461D-47AA-B4CF-CF8DA5F7EC42.jpeg

The beads were a nice touch!

We finally got showered and in bed just before 1 am.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Saturday fun.

Have you ever just been sitting on the couch watching tv when you decided you need to leave the house? Happened to me this morning just before noon. I was watching cake boss and decided it was time to get out, and man did those cannoli look good! We headed to the nearest bake shop to see if they were as good as they looked. They weren’t, but it was a fun little afternoon anyways, and the slice of cake that we shared was very tasty! We had good timing, because shortly after this picture was taken there was a line wrapped around the block to get inside!
DAB3E6BB-DCF6-4437-8724-D1B566AA23E8.jpeg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Saturday fun.

Have you ever just been sitting on the couch watching tv when you decided you need to leave the house? Happened to me this morning just before noon. I was watching cake boss and decided it was time to get out, and man did those cannoli look good! We headed to the nearest bake shop to see if they were as good as they looked. They weren’t, but it was a fun little afternoon anyways, and the slice of cake that we shared was very tasty! We had good timing, because shortly after this picture was taken there was a line wrapped around the block to get inside!
View attachment 491203
Sadly, they never taste as good as they look😞
(Unless it’s a Dole Whip😛)

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Sadly, they never taste as good as they look😞
(Unless it’s a Citrus Swirl😛)
FTFY!

If you want to really torture yourself, just watch The Great British Baking Show. Their baked goods take it to a whole new level. It is an amazing show to watch. Hope you and A can see it sometime.
I think A has watched that show before. I admittedly don’t watch a lot of cooking shows, they make me too hungry! 🤣

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Life update.

I hope you all are continuing to stay safe and healthy. I know many of us have been going through lots of changes both from the pandemic, and from just regular life changes. I’ve been sitting on some news for a while now that I can finally share. No we’re not having a baby. I got a new job! I start a new job next week with the state dept of transportation as a materials inspector in the engineering department! Short term this means we sadly won’t be taking our trips to WDW in September or December as originally planned. The good news is that I’ll have much more time off for future trips! Most likely starting sometime next spring! The job also offers much better work/life balance, something I’ve been missing for years with my old job.

fractal

Life update.

I hope you all are continuing to stay safe and healthy. I know many of us have been going through lots of changes both from the pandemic, and from just regular life changes. I’ve been sitting on some news for a while now that I can finally share. No we’re not having a baby. I got a new job! I start a new job next week with the state dept of transportation as a materials inspector in the engineering department! Short term this means we sadly won’t be taking our trips to WDW in September or December as originally planned. The good news is that I’ll have much more time off for future trips! Most likely starting sometime next spring! The job also offers much better work/life balance, something I’ve been missing for years with my old job.

congrats!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
congrats!
Thanks!
Congrats - sounds like the new job brings lots of positives 😀
Many positives indeed!
Congratulations! 🍾 🎉
Thank you!
Congrats on the new job!

View attachment 492113
Thanks so much!

🤣
So happy for you!!!
And spring is a great time to visit WDW!😘
Thank you my friend! I totally agree about spring being a great time to visit. Our trip last March is among my all time favorites, although the celebration with our friends may have had something to do with it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom