Taking us for granted

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Squeaky wheels get the grease.
If I purchase a new Bentley and the touchscreen is cracked, the transmission grinds and the trunk remote button doesn't work, it's all good right, I should just complain?

Or did I pay a premium price for a premium product/service, and shouldn't be inconvenienced to check these things myself, and spend more of my money (e.g. time) fixing the issue?

ToTBellHop

If I purchase a new Bentley and the touchscreen is cracked, the transmission grinds and the trunk remote button doesn't work, it's all good right, I should just complain?

Or did I pay a premium price for a premium product/service, and shouldn't be inconvenienced to check these things myself, and spend more of my money (e.g. time) fixing the issue?
While I agree that the issue shouldn't exist in the first place (really? Mildew in a deluxe resort? Come on, Disney), the fact that the issues do exist would leave anyone who puts up with them a fool. There are many things occurring in the world in 2014 that shouldn't be and that we shouldn't have to complain about. And yet silence allows those in charge to grow ever more complacent.

Disneyhead'71

While I agree that the issue shouldn't exist in the first place (really? Mildew in a deluxe resort? Come on, Disney), the fact that the issues do exist would leave anyone who puts up with them a fool. There are many things occurring in the world in 2014 that shouldn't be and that we shouldn't have to complain about. And yet silence allows those in charge to grow ever more complacent.
I thought stopping staying at Disney would send a message. Apparently I'm not the only one to send that massage. But instead of fixing the problems because the occ rate is hanging in the low 40% range, they are just converting it to DVC. Oddly enough, I couldn't care less that they are having to take drastic measures because they are too frickin' stupid to figure out how to fill a cool hotel connected to the Universe's #1 tourist attraction via a frickin' retro-modern monorail.

rkleinlein

Wow, what an amazingly condescending post. Do you talk to everyone like they are a five year old who has never left their room?

I am pretty sure the OP has eaten at restaurants both inside and outside of WDW before and had somewhat reasonable expectations going in. Coming out she was disappointed. Make all the excuses you want for the Mouse, but I have to believe that kbelle is now less inclined to throw a KIA worth of cash at the Mouse for her next respite from the daily grind.

I agree with Disneyhead'71 and englanddg. I'm new to this site, but have quickly realized that most of the commenters can be grouped, more or less, into two broad categories:

A) Hardcore Disney fans and seasoned pros who love, love, love everything at WDW and get all excited about everything, no matter how pedestrian (like, well, a new pedestrian bridge in Downtown Disney); and

B) Those who expect their Disney experience to be unparalleled (probably because of fond and vivid memories of it once having been so) and are disappointed that the "Disney difference" seems to be evaporating like so much pixie dust.

It's very interesting that whenever somebody from group B makes an observation about something being less than the best, people from group A rush to make excuses and often blame the guest. It's the original poster's fault that she chose a dirty table, didn't raise a stink with the manager over an inattentive waitress, and made poor restaurant selections? Really? What's going on here? She had some bad experiences (and good ones) and she's letting us know. Direct your ire at the people running the place, not the guests.

MissingDisney

It looked like there was a booger on the knife. When the waitress came to get our drink orders I asked her if she could please replace it. She never brought back a new one. I grabbed one from the next table.
With all due respect, I am almost certain what you claim to be a 'booger' was probably a small piece of dried food stuck on with sauce/oil. My kids have attempted to use this gross-out technique several times to avoid emptying the utensil rack from the dishwasher. "Booger Imposter" I say, "chip it off, clean it again, and put it away!" Did you really say booger to the server? :D Nonetheless, I'm sure s/he forgot the replacement utensil. They're busy. It happens.

Too much pepper in a meal isn't personal. I'm sure they didn't watch you walk up and say "hey, lets put too much pepper in his food". Likewise, I'm sure they didn't plant a dirty tray for you to pick up and use. Sometimes things happen.

However, you complained and were comped a meal. That's fair. You thoroughly enjoyed your meals elsewhere. That's wonderful!. Focus on the positive!. Not everything or every place is for everyone. That's one of the great things about WDW, variety. :)

MissingDisney

I agree with Disneyhead'71 and englanddg. I'm new to this site, but have quickly realized that most of the commenters can be grouped, more or less, into two broad categories:

A) Hardcore Disney fans and seasoned pros who love, love, love everything at WDW and get all excited about everything, no matter how pedestrian (like, well, a new pedestrian bridge in Downtown Disney); and

B) Those who expect their Disney experience to be unparalleled (probably because of fond and vivid memories of it once having been so) and are disappointed that the "Disney difference" seems to be evaporating like so much pixie dust.

It's very interesting that whenever somebody from group B makes an observation about something being less than the best, people from group A rush to make excuses and often blame the guest. It's the original poster's fault that she chose a dirty table, didn't raise a stink with the manager over an inattentive waitress, and made poor restaurant selections? Really? What's going on here? She had some bad experiences (and good ones) and she's letting us know. Direct your ire at the people running the place, not the guests.
And then there's that C Group....

Matt_Black

No one is saying it's her fault, but at one point does she take responsibility for the choices she made? If someone puts a tack on my chair and I sit on it, yes, they are at fault. If, however, I don't get up and remove the tack, opting instead to remain seated at great personal discomfort, well then, I'm as much to blame at that point.

If the waitress, for whatever reason, wasn't being attentive enough, she could have politely tried to get her attention. If that failed, then bring the matter to the attention of a supervisor or manager. Failing that, contact Guest Services.

Instead, she complains here. Contrary to what many may think, TDO does not read each and every post here whilst taking notes.

kbelle

Original Poster
No one is saying it's her fault, but at one point does she take responsibility for the choices she made? If someone puts a tack on my chair and I sit on it, yes, they are at fault. If, however, I don't get up and remove the tack, opting instead to remain seated at great personal discomfort, well then, I'm as much to blame at that point.

If the waitress, for whatever reason, wasn't being attentive enough, she could have politely tried to get her attention. If that failed, then bring the matter to the attention of a supervisor or manager. Failing that, contact Guest Services.

Instead, she complains here. Contrary to what many may think, TDO does not read each and every post here whilst taking notes.
Thank you for your post. We all make sacrifices to save for our vacations and I am sure we all want them to be the best possible experiences. In the past 10 years I've made 15 Disney trips. Is normal to expect a certain level of service based on past experience. Allow us to post the good with the bad and please stop attacking me.

Matt_Black

Except I didn't attack you, and nowhere did I say you can't post your complaint. You are absolutely free to post your complaints just as I am free to point out that maybe there was a better way to handle it instead of airing your grievance on a message board.

EOD K9

The other thing is this, if I have a major issue, I will politely let management or GS know about it. They cant fix a problem if they don't know about it. Although I am sure they are aware of most of their problems.

armyfamilyof5

We last ate at Tony's during MNSSHP and will not be back. The seafood dish smelled of spoiled fish and I subscribe to the theory if you want your fish to taste like chicken then order chicken. The dish was whisked away and an alternative was offered and declined but there was no way the chef could not tell the dish was inedible unless they lacked a total sense of smell. The waiter stood by after delivering the dish to our table as he had concerns as well but since everyone would have already finished eating by the time another dish was procured we moved on and I had a delicious Dole Whip instead. The only place we have not been happily accommodated at was Crystal Palace but we just exercise our freedom to not eat there.

heath.sneyd

Our worst were at... Tony's Town Square...

Tony's was the biggest disappointment of all...

Sorry for you bad experiences. :(
Tony's is not known for being consistent with good food or service, etc. Not a good choice in my opinion...

We never eat at Tony's anymore for a table service.

Not really what I was hoping to hear. I've got ADR's at Tony's for our arrival night, as it's the night I'm proposing... Any alternate suggestions? I've got BOG for later in the week, so unless I can score a Monday night spot (arrival day), I'd rather go elsewhere given what I've heard here.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Not really what I was hoping to hear. I've got ADR's at Tony's for our arrival night, as it's the night I'm proposing... Any alternate suggestions? I've got BOG for later in the week, so unless I can score a Monday night spot (arrival day), I'd rather go elsewhere given what I've heard here.
I personally would choose something else especially for such an occasion unless that particular location is special to her or you etc. What about California Grill next door at the Contemporary Resort. They have the best food and gorgeous views of Magic Kingdom!! Just a thought! :)

heath.sneyd

I personally would choose something else especially for such an occasion unless that particular location is special to her or you etc. What about California Grill next door at the Contemporary Resort. They have the best food and gorgeous views of Magic Kingdom!! Just a thought! :)

Yeah, I'd look at restaurants at nearby resorts- Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, and Wilderness Lodge.
Thanks! Looks like a search of just those 4 resorts show the best spots for date night dinners. Plus fireworks at CG to end the day might be better or the "us" time I'm looking for afterwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom