Taking us for granted

kbelle

Original Poster
Just returned from a week at WDW. I hate to say this, but some of our best meals were at the All Star Sports. Our worst were at EPCOT and Tony's Town Square... places where you'd expect better than average.

The All Stor Sports put out a remarkable Thanksgiving Spread. Everything tasted like it was made from scratch. You could see them carve the turkey. It was the brightest spot of our week.

We always love Seasons in Epcot, but had to send food back because there was too much black pepper on the food we could not eat it!

The Hot Dog Place in Germany needs more tables. If they can't do that, then they need to learn to clean their trays. We used a tray as a table and found the bottom of the tray covered in ketchup.

Tony's was the biggest disappointment of all. I don't know if the waitress was having a bad day. We had dirty silverware that she would not replace, and we were served a $22 entree that tasted like it was sitting under a heat lamp for a week. The manager graciously refunded our lunch.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Sorry for you bad experiences. :(
Tony's is not known for being consistent with good food or service, etc. Not a good choice in my opinion. SS in Epcot is still loved by most and I was just there a few weeks ago and loved it as usual. Personally I think in my opinion it was just bad choices for you unfortunately.
We never eat at Tony's anymore for a table service. We ate at 15-20 places at least this past 2 week trip and did not have one less than delicious meal. I have not noticed any decline in quality and we have been quite a few times in the last 6 years. Very important to do research of current best places to eat and best dishes to order at each location. Disney cannot always be 100% on but most of the time they are. The amount of people there any given day , and as well as human error minor issues are going to happen to all of us here and there. Disney still far surpasses any competition!!! hope you have a better experience next trip!! :)

Disneydreamer23

Sorry about all your issues ! I was there in September and never had an issue with Garden Grill or Crystal Palace but this time hated both and wont be returning next year. I think some restaurants have their off days !

disney4life2008

I have been consistently impressed with all star sports on every level. The food choices are amazing. I am shocked about seasons, i have never had a bad meal there as everything really is prepared fresh.

R W B

Our service a few trips ago at Tony's was pretty bad too. We enjoyed the food but our waiter was less then avg and it was just an early lunch, not like we caught him on the back end of a double or something.

Matt_Black

I'm confused by the thread title....o_O....

Gotta know what you ordered at sunshine seasons because I do love me some black pepper. Your bad experience will be a winner for me. Although we've never had a bad meal there and the strawberry shortcake is the best!

Knave! The berry cheesecake is the best! Have at thee!

Regarding Sommerfest (which is what I assume the OP means by "The Hot Dog place"), yeah, more tables would be nice. Still, if you can find a spot by the fountain outside, that makes a very pleasant spot to eat. The FRICKIN HUGE chocolate cake they serve as dessert also helps me maintain fond views of the place.

TXDisney

Honestly I can eat every night at WS. But as for the parks outside of Epcot I'm not crazy about their foods. The resorts are the best bets. We normally end every night at Epcot except for our MK days. So we eat at Contrmporaru, GF or Poly the MK days and WS every other day.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Our service a few trips ago at Tony's was pretty bad too. We enjoyed the food but our waiter was less then avg and it was just an early lunch, not like we caught him on the back end of a double or something.

My DH & I were disappointed with Tony's as well on our trip in October 2013. Unfortunately it was the last dinner of our trip... and my DH felt very unwell after the meal. We were seated right in front of the kitchen door, had a waitress who ignored us, and the food was cold and bland. :(

That being said it was the only disappointing meal of our 10 day trip... and we ate at 11 TS and 8 or 9 QS restaurants that trip... and we were very happy with all the others and we'll be going back to a few of them next September!

Phonedave

Dining at all of WDW has gone downhill (while prices have gone up).

Disney has done an excellent job, between "free" dining, the DDP, and DME in keeping people on property, "requiring" them to eat at their restaurants, and giving them very few options to do otherwise. WDW is no longer looking to attract the person staying offsite for a few days to eat a table service meal in the parks instead of offsite, or to entice a local to eat at EPCOT instead of eating at home or at a local restaurant (does anybody even buy an after 5 pass anymore?). They have no need to do so, not when they have hordes of people on property, without a means of going off property, and who have committed to a vacations worth of table service meals ahead of time. All Disney is trying to do is find the sweet spot between providing food as cheaply as possible, and maintaining complains at an acceptable level.

-dave

kbelle

Original Poster
I'm confused by the thread title....o_O....

Gotta know what you ordered at sunshine seasons because I do love me some black pepper. Your bad experience will be a winner for me. Although we've never had a bad meal there and the strawberry shortcake is the best!
We've eaten at Seasons several times. My son took one bite of his meal and almost choked from the pepper. It wasn't just a little.

ToTBellHop

While I have no doubt that your dining experiences were varied from poor to very good, I DO NOT believe that a member of serving staff would not replace an item of silverware if asked.

"Excuse me miss, please would you replace this dirty fork ?"
"No"

:confused:
Seems odd to me, too. If someone was truly that out of line, I would need to see a manager. Even Taco Bell would give you a replacement spork.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom