Taking Folding Chairs For Night Shows?

Hoosierwdw

Has anyone taken folding chairs ( the kind that you carry in bag) into parks for fireworks. Are the rental lockers big enough to hold these?

micball.gif

goofy_bounce.gif

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I really don't think those would work very well, because no matter how well you pick your spot, inevitably somebody will stand right in front of where you are sitting! :brick:

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

In no way would I recomend bringing ANY chairs to watch the fireworks. I'd go as far to say DO NOT bring them. Case in point, this isn't your 4th of July show, there will be A LOT of people in a VERY SMALL area. The show will not be long, and afterwards tons of people will turn around, face you, and then walk your way to exit.

Then add on the fact trying to get them in..... well..... just find a nice bench, or rest up before going to see them. :)

Upvote 0

barnum42

Before my mother had to rely on a wheelchair for walking any distance, she would use a walking stick, but at Disney would use a hunting stick - the handles fold out to for a seat that you can lean back against. It's not a full seat and you have to be careful how you use it - so no body can kick it out from under you but may prove handy.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Note: Not only will the crowd mow you down if you are sitting - I have found that even standing, the crowd does not stay still - people are constantly milling through, around, and past -- and no matter where you stand, people are always pushing past you to get out of the park while others are watching the fireworks. Leave the chairs at home for sure.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

You may want to call and see if you are allowed to bring them in. I would doubt it. But you could still see the fireworks if you were sitting. They are after all FIREWORKS. Well at least at the MK, most are high above the Castle.

My father had to use a wheelchair for the first time this past Christmas. And he felt he really enjoyed the show and felt he could see everything fine.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You can take them into the parks... I keep one in my car at all times, just in case ;)

I've never had any problems taking it into the parks

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

mkt said:
You can take them into the parks... I keep one in my car at all times, just in case ;)

I've never had any problems taking it into the parks

Thats interesting...I never would've thought Disney would allow folding chairs. :wave:

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

My dad used to bring a folding chair in with him, just so that he'd have a place to rest, whenever he wanted to. But after 9/11, the security started giving him a tough time, b/c it had hollow aluminum legs. I guess they were worried that you could carry something inside the legs. Sometimes they'd let him thru and sometimes they wouldn't. So he doesn't bring it anymore. :(

Upvote 0
Heatherbell said:
Thats interesting...I never would've thought Disney would allow folding chairs. :wave:

When we entered Epcot, my husband joked with security and said that he should have brought a folding chair, and was told that they were not allowed in the park.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I would say to not bring one. Of course, I hate carrying around too much stuff. I feel like it takes away from enjoying myself. So, I do not see a need especially if you are just carrying it to rest when there are so many benches around.

Upvote 0

timkelmom

We have used the lockers and I don't think the chairs would fit unless they fold up pretty small. Besides, there are benches you can sit in if you plan to grab them early, like an hour before the fireworks start.

Wishes can be viewed by sitting, but I think Illuminations is viewed best by standing. If you sit, people usually get in front of you and you won't be able to see the globe well.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

timkelmom said:
We have used the lockers and I don't think the chairs would fit unless they fold up pretty small. Besides, there are benches you can sit in if you plan to grab them early, like an hour before the fireworks start.

Wishes can be viewed by sitting, but I think Illuminations is viewed best by standing. If you sit, people usually get in front of you and you won't be able to see the globe well.

for wishes, just go in front of philharmagic and lay down on the ground on your back, everything takes place directly overhead.. it's really cool...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom