Taking a drink back to our resort room

SorcererGrandma

Original Poster
Is there any restrictions of taking an alcoholic drink from the Polynesian back to our resort? The drink in question is the Lapu Lapu which is self contained so we wouldn't be leaving with any of their glassware, but is this even allowable?

NiarrNDisney

I would assume it would all depend on the form of transportation.

On foot to one of the near by resorts Yes!

Water taxis/Friendship boat travel to one of the near by resorts Yes!

Monorail travel to one of the loop resorts Yes!

Monorail travel to the Magic Kingdom No!

Bus travel to any resort No!

Car travel to any resort No!

It is illegal in all states to travel with an open container containing alcholic beverages in any transportaion that travels on road ways. Sorry I don't make the rules.

RonAnnArbor

Just take a cab from the Polynesian back to your resort from the front check-in area. There isn't a cab that will refuse to take you to your destination with the drink. They make a ton of money taking drunk Pleasure Island partiers with closed drinks in their hands back to their resorts at 2 a.m....

SorcererGrandma

Original Poster
I wanted to make sure that I was in a safe spot before I started imbibing. You know...like having a seat belt on and laying in bed. :ROFLOL:

Yensid40

Get one of those refillable mugs... $12 or $13 for all you can drink... seems like a deal to me... :dazzle:

---

Huh? Doesn't include booze? :brick:

SorcererGrandma

Original Poster
Tipping a lapu lapu means you'd have to then get another bellboy to deliver me AND the 1st bellboy AND tip the 2nd bellboy a lapu lapu....ad infinitum. :ROFLOL:

J_Krafty24

It is illegal in all states to travel with an open container containing alcholic beverages in any transportaion that travels on road ways. Sorry I don't make the rules.

You are a little bit wrong on that. I know for a fact in Michigan (and I assume it is the same in most states) the alcoholic beverages law does not apply to all transportation on road ways. For example you can legally consume alcohol on chartered busses and in limos. I would assume whether legal or not that disney would prohibit consuming alcohol on their transportation busses.

NiarrNDisney

You are a little bit wrong on that. I know for a fact in Michigan (and I assume it is the same in most states) the alcoholic beverages law does not apply to all transportation on road ways. For example you can legally consume alcohol on chartered busses and in limos. I would assume whether legal or not that disney would prohibit consuming alcohol on their transportation busses.

Yes in these instances it is legal because you have a contracted driver.
Public transportation and personal transportation are on the list of illegal vehicles that travel on roadways.

Birdie757

I am not sure how it works leaving a resort, but I was stopped at the back Epcot gate and had to throw out my Margarita. I was planning on walking back to the Beach Club where we were staying to finish it. I am not sure if a door man might stop you leaving with it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I am not sure how it works leaving a resort, but I was stopped at the back Epcot gate and had to throw out my Margarita. I was planning on walking back to the Beach Club where we were staying to finish it. I am not sure if a door man might stop you leaving with it.

I think he was wrong.

(6) A vendor who operates places of business where consumption on the premises is permitted, which premises are located within a theme park complex that is owned, managed, controlled, and operated by such vendor, may operate under a master license issued for the type of service offered if the theme park complex comprises at least 25 enclosed acres of land with permanent exhibitions and a variety of recreational activities, the enclosed area has a controlled entrance to, and exit from, the enclosed area, and at least 1 million visitors annually pay admission fees to the theme park complex. In addition to the license taxes imposed in paragraphs (1)(b)-(f), an additional tax of $1,500 shall be imposed for up to 5 additional bars, $2,500 for 6 to 10 additional bars, and $3,500 for more than 10 additional bars. The enclosed area within the theme park shall be considered an extension of the licensed premises upon the payment of the fee and the notation of such extension on the sketch accompanying the original license application.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0565/ch0565.htm

In other words, the way it sounds to me, the whole property is covered under an umbrella liquor license, and as such you should be free to go where you please with said drink. :shrug:

WDWFigment

I think he was wrong.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0565/ch0565.htm

In other words, the way it sounds to me, the whole property is covered under an umbrella liquor license, and as such you should be free to go where you please with said drink. :shrug:

My interpretation, based on a prima facie reading of that statute, is that each Disney park (gate) is a "theme park complex" (since the terms 'enclosed area' and 'controlled entrance' are used--however, the big one is the admission fee; you can visit property in general without paying an admission fee). However, "theme park complex" is a term that could possibly be ambiguous, and should have its own statutory definition (or perhaps some common law ruling on the definition). In reality, many theme park laws in Florida were specifically tailored for Walt Disney World, so the company knows exactly what the 'intent' of the law is. The company also has enough influence to get change the statute if it didn't like enforcement. Chances are, Disney doesn't want people leaving the parks with open alcoholic containers (as that opens other social host liability issues).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom