Take It Off!!

disneyfreak7036

Thrawn said:
I'm stealing this from a previous reply I used it for. If you can come up with an argument that blows ANY of what I have posted below, then you win.

Repeating threads creates more bandwidth usage for the site, and more space usage on the server, which in turn adds to the cost of the site, which is either a draw on steve or results in the increase in prices on things like the WDWMagic Pass and Premium Pass.

Repeating threads is not only redundant and irritating, but it also shows no respect for the forum regulars. Someone that is new to a forum should have enough respect for the older members to read the old threads and do searches before posting. To repeat things that have been discussed 20+ times is downright disrespectful. Which is why, on forums that I run, you need to have 20+ posts before you can start a thread. Sometimes results in a few spam posts, but these sort of things happen a lot less.

I have to agree with most of what you said, except you should not worry about the increase cost of a subscription. Your too cheap to pay for one anyway(WDW Magic Guest). I grant all new members use of my bandwith since I rarely post anything. I just enjoy reading them.You ask "Why do you buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" I pay because building this site took alot of time and work on Steve's part, and I am happy to compensate him for his efforts.

Have A Great Weekend!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
disneyfreak7036 said:
I have to agree with most of what you said, except you should not worry about the increase cost of a subscription. Your too cheap to pay for one anyway(WDW Magic Guest). I grant all new members use of my bandwith since I rarely post anything. I just enjoy reading them.You ask "Why do you buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" I pay because building this site took alot of time and work on Steve's part, and I am happy to compensate him for his efforts.

Have A Great Weekend!

Actually, thanks for posting when you don't have a clue what you are talking about. The only reason I don't donate is because paypal is a bunch of crooked scumbags and I refuse to put any money through their company. They ripped me off for over $10k at one point. All you have to do with paypal is say "oh I never got it" and they will believe you. But again, thanks for posting.

I know an apology is asking too much from a person who resorts to name calling, so I won't bother.

Christina

Ahem..

My thoughts on these "decorations". The WAND is indeed hideous and I only hope the next time I go it will be gone... (2008 depending on how Everest turns out). I do like what I've seen of the castle though. It's quite pretty, and like someone said above, it has a "majestic" feel to it.

As for these drama-inducing keyboarders. Chill out. This is my first post on the decorations so bahaha I'm not wasting space. You're wasting bandwith complaning... But just next time you decide to post a thread you think might be redundent, try a search just so there's no more "fighting.":wave:

Sara Helene

Christina said:
As for these drama-inducing keyboarders. Chill out. This is my first post on the decorations so bahaha I'm not wasting space. You're wasting bandwith complaning... But just next time you decide to post a thread you think might be redundent, try a search just so there's no more "fighting.":wave:

Yes, I agree. I'm new here, but I've been reading these boards for quite some time. Anyways, I know it's frustrating when people post things over and over like this, but the fighting is silly. Just politely tell them how to do a search, welcome them to the boards, and move along. And I hope I don't get yelled at for saying that...hope it didn't sound rude or anything. :wave:

DanStat

Why am I different?

Maybe I'm weird, but I like the wand and the overlay. Heck - I even liked the infamous Castle Cake for the 25th. I think it's very original, and adds a lot to the magesty of both the castle and Spaceship Earth. I like the sparkle it adds. Also, after watching America's Funniest Home Videos and seeing the Castle overlay at night, I'm even more impressed.

disneyfreak7036

No, you will not get an apology from me, and I did not ask for any excuses on why you do not contribute finacially to this site, in which you have spent enough time on to post 152 times just this month alone. WOW, now that is consuming bandwith and server space. But, in reality, you in typical fashion have completely skirted around the point, because it just so happens to not agree with yours. So let's make this simple. Do not worry about what if any increases I or other paying members will incur because of the need for more bandwith and server space.

Speaking only for myself, I realize not everyone can afford or wants to pay to become a passholder or premium member. I also think that guests, including you Thrawn, are a major component to the success of these boards, but I do not think your condescending tone towards newbies promotes the magic that Disney and this board are all about.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
MiRi said:
The Castle looks absolutely beautiful. The wand is just fine with me. It doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed. :wave: The wand doesn't "hurt" my experience, and the castle just looks amazing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think the wand is magic, that mission Space is no better than average, that the Magic Kingdom is tired and needs several new attractions, not replacements. Epcot worl;d show case needs two new attractions, MGM needs a new ride to go with the show, that animal kingdom needs more than one coaster thats taken 97 years to build, that the tomb stones at Epcot are great, Dinorama fills a need, tower of terror is boring it just goes up and down, Space Mountain is bland you cant see where your going, Kilimanjaro Safaris are repeatative all you ever see is animals, but Hey Busch gardens is not too far.

chucknstuff

lady_vor said:
Ok, now don't get sick ideas in your head by the name of this thread. I just want to voice my opinion on a couple things in DW. First, what is with the wand on Spaceship Earth still? It's been there long enough. I can't stand it anymore. I also feel the same way about the new castle look. All the gold characters and what not. I liked it plain... blah... nothing to them. It made you feel like you were in Disney World even more. I'd have to say that when Disney thought that they'd better their parks when they did this, they were wrong. It's just not the same. Not original.

why such a hater.... :fork:

WDWEric

disneyfreak7036 said:
........condescending tone towards newbies promotes the magic that Disney and this board are all about.

The whole first post is condescending and does not promote magic.

lady_vor said:
Ok, now don't get sick ideas in your head by the name of this thread. I just want to voice my opinion on a couple things in DW. First, what is with the wand on Spaceship Earth still? It's been there long enough. I can't stand it anymore. I also feel the same way about the new castle look. All the gold characters and what not. I liked it plain... blah... nothing to them. It made you feel like you were in Disney World even more. I'd have to say that when Disney thought that they'd better their parks when they did this, they were wrong. It's just not the same. Not original.

lady_vor said:

well thats your own opinion.....but whats your problem.....all people do on this site is complain about things in diseny...thats not what this site is about. The only reason you dont like the castle and the wand is because its not "origional". So STOP Complaining!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
bsandersjr said:
Just got home from WDW, literally (2hrs).
The Wand is still there. :lookaroun

Perhaps its ona big spring and some pulleys and they can pop it up and down, to try and please those who dont like it and those that do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom