Taika Waititi to Direct Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)

champdisney

PETA complains. 3 bloggers write an article about it.

Nobody cares.
Eh... yeah, you’re right I don’t care about PETA but the news did appear on the newsfeed to my social media accounts for the past week which means it was trending. It only takes a small crowd to make some noise, sometimes even one.

Just wanted to know how ya’ll felt.

Last edited:

Darkprime

That's good news. Hopefully they can keep that start date and it doesn't get pushed again. Wonder when Shang-Chi will resume filming? There was some rumors on twitter that it had resumed filming this past week in Australia. But no confirmation form Disney/Marvel. If it doesn't resume till around the same time as Thor its likely it will get delayed.

Mouse Trap

That's good news. Hopefully they can keep that start date and it doesn't get pushed again. Wonder when Shang-Chi will resume filming? There was some rumors on twitter that it had resumed filming this past week in Australia. But no confirmation form Disney/Marvel. If it doesn't resume till around the same time as Thor its likely it will get delayed.

It's definitely began filming. Destin Cretton is back in Australia after returning to Hawaii and Simu shared some images of his trailer on Instagram stories about a week ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
LucasFilm should build dozens of 'volumes' all over the world, and not only for the needs of themselves and their sister companies, but to rent out to other studios.

ILM already provides SFX services to Disney-owned studios and to other companies' studios... this should be another service they provide.

I have spoken.

Mike S

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank the all father. Looks like this movie might be exactly what I wanted: a team up rather than a passing on.
Honestly I don't think I ever consider the idea of Odinson leaving/retiring/giving up the actual mantle of Thor as true. I always considered it more like the article states, there will be a God and Goddess of Thunder (hence the name "Love and Thunder") at the same time. Either way it sounds like it'll be a good film based on Hemsworth's reaction to the script.

I just hope its not 2025 before we get to see it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Matt Damon is seemingly set to return to the MCU via Thor: Love And Thunder after he made a cameo three years ago in Thor: Ragnarok.

Damon recently touched down in Australia where he is in quarantine ahead of the shoot. It’s not clear at this stage whether the actor will be back for a cameo or a bigger role.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed the casting: “Hollywood superstar Matt Damon joining our homegrown talent to film such a major movie in NSW is a big win creating thousands of jobs for locals,” he said.

The actor is quoted in local media as saying he would be in Australia for “the next few months”."

sedati

"Matt Damon is seemingly set to return to the MCU via Thor: Love And Thunder after he made a cameo three years ago in Thor: Ragnarok.

Damon recently touched down in Australia where he is in quarantine ahead of the shoot. It’s not clear at this stage whether the actor will be back for a cameo or a bigger role.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed the casting: “Hollywood superstar Matt Damon joining our homegrown talent to film such a major movie in NSW is a big win creating thousands of jobs for locals,” he said.

The actor is quoted in local media as saying he would be in Australia for “the next few months”."

Well, this is interesting. Canonically, he is an Asgardian (as is Sam Neil.) So he could be playing the same character who may or may not have been snapped and may or may not be living in New Asgard.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well, this is interesting. Canonically, he is an Asgardian (as is Sam Neil.) So he could be playing the same character who may or may not have been snapped and may or may not be living in New Asgard.
As long as he NEVER PLAYS FAKE-LOKI EVER AGAIN. lol

I still can't watch that scene without going 'who is that creepy-looking guy in Loki's outfit?' It's not necessarily that Matt Damon is creepy looking as himself - but he's just... really really really bad... as Loki. :eek: IMO

It was also weird watching big bro Hemsworth playing his younger bro's role, but I guess Liam is too skinny. :D Heck, I'd've rather seen Liam as Loki - now that would've been proper brotherly casting! lol

MarvelCharacterNerd

I love Pratt's look SO DAMN MUCH.

Point Break's not bad either. :D

1612235691323.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom