T-Rex Concept Art

TOCPE82

Which side of the restaurant will face the parking lot?

Of that I'm not sure, as the diagram just showed the "zone" where the future restaurant will be. I can't stress enough that it will be a separate restaurant from the Rainforest Cafe. There is no debate on this.:p

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
I just called "Landry's" Corporate, they would not give me any details, but did hint that 2 RFC resturants @ Disney is over kill. Could probably feel safe believing that it will replace the current RFC. If you go to there web page, the children's menu is identicle to the RFC.:wave:

I would sooner see the DAK Rainforest get rebranded into something different. Just my $0.02, though.

Captain Barbosa

Landry's often puts multiple restaurants close to each other. Just look at Galveston, TX. They have over 10 restaurants in the same area. Given they aren't all the similar to each other (as RC and T-Rex are).

If T-Rex does replace the RC then I hope they build a entire new building so we get a little change of scenery. Also, does anyone know when construction is supposed to start with this (or if it already has)?

BRER STITCH

Seems a better location woul dhave been over next to House of Blues, across from Cirque's tent as shown in the pictures posted earlier.

Then at least plenty of parking would be available and, visually, the T-Rex mountain would be a nice bookend to the Rainforest volcano at opposite ends of the lake.

:veryconfu

colliera

Site competition

Landry's often puts multiple restaurants close to each other. Just look at Galveston, TX. They have over 10 restaurants in the same area. Given they aren't all the similar to each other (as RC and T-Rex are).

They did the same thing at Opry Mills, Rainforest on one end and Aquarium in center just up from the entertainment area.

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
They did the same thing at Opry Mills, Rainforest on one end and Aquarium in center just up from the entertainment area.

Yep. Was just about to post that. Although to compare anything at Disney to Opry Mills seems to be a sacrilege. :lol:

colliera

A resturant does not a resort make

Gaylord Entertainment appears to have come to its senses and realized just putting in themed resturants doesn't equal the shopping/entertainment/resturant district that Downtown Disney is even though they did visit there before the disaster of Opry Mills. Now they are searching for enough ground to try it again on a smaller scale. As if it isn't known that the Disneyland mistake that was corrected at WDW was space.

MickeyJman06

Gaylord Entertainment appears to have come to its senses and realized just putting in themed resturants doesn't equal the shopping/entertainment/resturant district that Downtown Disney is even though they did visit there before the disaster of Opry Mills. Now they are searching for enough ground to try it again on a smaller scale. As if it isn't known that the Disneyland mistake that was corrected at WDW was space.
what happened to Opry Mills?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom