T-Rex Concept Art

Thelazer

It is NOT replaceing rainforst.

However, the current rumor has it that once this is built, the new bridge that was built in place of the old west end stage will make a bit more sense.... hmm.

Scar Junior

Personally, I've never thought the Rainforest Cafe in DTD was all that good. We have one at the Mall of America, so maybe it just didn't seem that special to me. However, I love the concept art here. It looks like Rainforest meets the Flintstones. I'll definitely be checking it out when it opens. BTW, anyone know when it is projected to open?

basas

Definitely. There are even the bus stops over there that could be utilized again to spread out traffic more.

Have those bus stops (the ones way off to the west) ever been used? I don't think that parking lot way over there is used much, but I seem to forget if at one time they made 3 stops (Marketplace, Pleasure Island (the 2 current stops), and the West Side ones).

Jooniper30

I wouldn't mind if it did replace Rainforest Cafe. There is already another one in AK. But I don't feel like if it was a seperate thing that it would suffer from competition...both will be packed all the time.

My concern is that I don't really like many of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. I hope the food is better at the Dinosaur place than at the Rainforest Cafe.

lpet11984

Have those bus stops (the ones way off the the west) ever been used? I don't think that parking lot way over there is used much, but I seem to forget if at one time they made 3 stops (Marketplace, Pleasure Island (the 2 current stops), and the West Side ones).

They were used at one point- I remember getting out of a Cirque show in Jan. 2000 and using that stop to get back to the resort. I think they stopped using them shortly thereafter, though. I would just like to see some more growth over there...there seems to be so much parking lot and so much more under utilized land over there, it would be nice to see DTD expand rather than become even more dense than it already is.

basas

They were used at one point- I remember getting out of a Cirque show in Jan. 2000 and using that stop to get back to the resort. I think they stopped using them shortly thereafter, though. I would just like to see some more growth over there...there seems to be so much parking lot and so much more under utilized land over there, it would be nice to see DTD expand rather than become even more dense than it already is.

DTD1.jpg

If you look in the photo (from Google Earth), you would think they would utilize some of that huge parking lot they have way over there. (The Bus stops are in the red). I don't think I've ever driven over there, but I can't imagine it's used all that much...correct me if I'm wrong...

Teenchy

DTD1.jpg

If you look in the photo (from Google Earth), you would think they would utilize some of that huge parking lot they have way over there. (The Bus stops are in the red). I don't think I've ever driven over there, but I can't imagine it's used all that much...correct me if I'm wrong...

Wow never realized there was so much space over there. Sure would make alot of sense and get people to spread out more over the entire DTD/Marketplace/West Side area.

lpet11984

No, I think you're absolutely right. I've never really seen anyone over there, even when the busses were stopping there. A few random cars, perhaps employees, but nothing beyond those cars.

It would be really nice to use up some of that area...there's even a dock over there that could potentially be used...

typhoonguy

actually, to those o you that are fellow CMs, you can see the plans inside of the P.I. trailer. The placement is in the round-a-bout inbetween McDonalds and Fultons (where the Shades of Green busses used to run) which is the reason the shades of green busses no longer do drop off and pick up there. From the looks of the picture, it will take up some of the space back into that courtyard between fultons and portobello. If you're a CM w/access to the trailer, it's on the wall back by where the copier is. Go check it out.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I thought of the same thing myself but I have never seen a time where RFC did not have a considerably long wait. Even though they are owned by the same company very few people would know that and I assume they would want to spread the wealth rather that turn customers away.
i can see your point. i have tried to eat at the RFC a few times and even with reservations..... the wait was terrible (dont make me do the dialogue to the Seinfeld renting a car reservation episode) so i wouldnt mind another resturante with some major themeing in DTD

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
actually, to those o you that are fellow CMs, you can see the plans inside of the P.I. trailer. The placement is in the round-a-bout inbetween McDonalds and Fultons (where the Shades of Green busses used to run) which is the reason the shades of green busses no longer do drop off and pick up there. From the looks of the picture, it will take up some of the space back into that courtyard between fultons and portobello. If you're a CM w/access to the trailer, it's on the wall back by where the copier is. Go check it out.
Is the foot print of T-rex smaller than RFC? While I am not doubting you in the slightest if both restaurants share the same or similar foot print it will be a very tight squeeze in that location unless they are planning on building over or filling in the portion of the lake that goes under the bridge in that area.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Is the foot print of T-rex smaller than RFC? While I am not doubting you in the slightest if both restaurants share the same or similar foot print it will be a very tight squeeze in that location unless they are planning on building over or filling in the portion of the lake that goes under the bridge in that area.

I'm assuming those PI ticket booths that haven't been used in ages are set for demolition. I'm thinking they're finally going to fix the crowd flow for that entire area.

JimboJones123

I just took a screen cap of the image:

trex-dtd.jpg

Hope that helps!
-m
That was really cool of you, thanks. The place looks HUGE. Hopefully not as preachy as Rainforest either. Plus, just becase it says Rainforest doesn't mean everything has to taste Hawaiian. No more pineapple.

I'm really interested in this.

I wish WDW would look into more "THEME" places with their own properties. The only places that they really take to the them level are Whispering Canyon, 50's prime, Restrauntasaurus breakfast and Ohana. If they would build more of these themes that would be cool.

It came to me the other day that "Be Our Guest" place at MK in Fantasyland would be AWESOME if themed right.

yoda_5729

I wish WDW would look into more "THEME" places with their own properties. The only places that they really take to the them level are Whispering Canyon, 50's prime, Restrauntasaurus breakfast and Ohana. If they would build more of these themes that would be cool.

It came to me the other day that "Be Our Guest" place at MK in Fantasyland would be AWESOME if themed right.

I actually think Disney does quite a bit of theming in their restaurants...maybe not Rainforest Cafe level, but like Sci-Fi Drive In is very themed, and I think even Backlot at MGM has a ton of personality to it. as for the EPCOT ones, those are themed, just to each given country. Part of Disney's problem is they have to account for HUGE amounts of traffic. Pecos Bill is very well themed.....and huge, but everytime I go, people are almost falling over the tables in a rush to get an open one. With all the tables, themeing is affected. I think many of the restaurants are themed, just not in the same way Rainforest is.

TOCPE82

I can confirm what typhoon guy is saying. The placement will be near McDonald's at the Bus Turnaround, and will also jut out into the parking lot a pinch.

jpw007

I just called "Landry's" Corporate, they would not give me any details, but did hint that 2 RFC resturants @ Disney is over kill. Could probably feel safe believing that it will replace the current RFC. If you go to there web page, the children's menu is identicle to the RFC.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom