SYWTBAI Season 18 - Round One: Team Old School Brainstorm Thread

JokersWild

DRAFT:

The Wasteland thrusts guests right into the center of the action of the franchise. Starting from the hub, a large butte which towers above the rest of the park draws guests in. Reaching the foot of the land, guests find themselves face to face with the tall sheer cliffs of a canyon’s edge, with a large wide opening in the middle. The canyon’s opening is barricaded by a large fence haphazardly made by rusted scrap metal. On one side of the fence is a large sign made from surprisingly functioning neon which reads “Haven,” powered by a thick cable which snakes deeper into the canyon. At the top of the canyon, on either side of the entrance, sit two small guard outposts, each with mounted machine gun and flamethrower pointed directly at passing guests.

Passing through the gates, guests wind through a very small corridor, past a small cave full of expended supplies. Quickly, this corridor opens up into the canyon proper. Inside of the canyon is what appears to be a pretty bustling settlement - Haven. Ramshackle houses, some partially built into the rock, and others fully suspended fairly high in the rock face, are dotted around. Looking up, guests can not only see the track for -INSERT E TICKET NAME HERE-, but also a series of small suspension bridges that cross some of the more narrow areas of the canyon, leading into what looks like hand-carved cave systems, the entrances to which are mostly covered with blankets or fully blocked with supplies. A few partially rusted, heavily modified cars sit at the end of the entrance corridor, pointed to the entrance in case of emergency. High above, at the top of the canyon, a few Buzzards, cannibals, can be seen as they scout Haven as a possible target.

Built partially around the Crow’s Nest Butte is a small building with power lines stretching out of it. Inside of the building, the sounds of generators can be heard, accompanied by the sound of pigs.

Following the mostly buried road, guests make their way to the back of the canyon. Here, a small market stands. A row of tents and scrap metal booths stand, full of car parts, collected water, scrap metal. Behind the market stands a small gas station. Next to it is a very tall sign reading “The Last Stop.” at night, this sign lights up with bright neon.

I'd like to try to rewrite it, but it at least gives an idea of what the land will be.

Final draft and shop/ CS tomorrow.

pix

Got this in the Doc already, but wanted to share it here.

The Crow’s Nest - Ropes Course
TEk2gHdQ7s-OdiV8fnSE5xexzCQ5VH6p1Pit9Aoiqvnm5zz7JXZmhsrK8mfJjZT387cWHMMOWomVV7HVi68lOxQzwR0vjx1SDDADx3BXXykieEvwUKtRWgtAKRcqnxM9TO07WDWA
CVLBD86cs380oLukHYP3HdVxIwSxBcAFoNVl3lM46b6bOao0W3Zu6ZQ1Jr7VEU3nUz-41zASnpMA536G0Wmq4Wywv2mWUmkxVobLDnlwKfN6AUoHiUfSHc5SGV3eGUt5RwJfwvhZ

Younger Road Warriors can climb to the top of the tallest Butte of the Wasteland. There are four different paths to explore the rocky terrain full of rusted metal and broken car parts as guests train to become War Boys and ride shiny and chrome!

The first path is The Chrome Caverns. These involve winding mostly through maze-like caves that intersect with each other and wind their way up to the top of the butte. This course is open for all ages and the only challenge comes from navigating the labyrinth like nature of the caves.

The second path is The War Pup’s Climb. This is aimed at younger guests and is really more of a playground than anything. But there are plenty of nets to climb and suspension bridges to bounce across to get to the top of the butte. As well as plenty of slides for getting back down!

The third path is The Guzzolene Gulch. This one is a more complicated rope’s course requiring guests be within a certain height range and wear a safety harness. It weaves through the other paths incorporating elements of the caves and climbing walls from the War Pup’s path. The track for Mad Max: Road to Valhalla runs right through Guzzolene Gulch leading to even more excitement! Perhaps the coolest feature of the Gulch path is getting to swing across a gap on one of the iconic swinging poles from Fury Road!
TZt2aR1F9RWgBcECrpueYPg-LC8aubWUqPNQI4r_FLAaATFT9EL-uktRDXuVChQw2-sOCDpe6ITCtQklpQ8GpD30zN_0qqu2vy2U8sy3dHDHSPmNSnrE84tsZZCDx5cfyOEm4AOr

F8WJ8tIriQrpnSEQ4Zjq85RRg1WECE994e2SHljuOs7qk5wKenMii-nWQqeUJAkM27fveVYlHkpcSPJjyu9qUlh5psLGmRqiCi8k9eusNYMG9LOCQSHL4IZl54cLKkOTsPkjC6Q7
0T1PrbXcWKKsHY8LCzpUXHeukBuZ1zvKNoRLScpZD_15ZJxCfsUDOWkMPHAb3x4oSfo-6P86zhQMbXfMFlFfKJixjFqx3kwZf5T69uOppraGAfcw_zuG8-0v9xnaPW6pWphjnfcM

The fourth and final path is The Path of the Green Place. This one is just a sloped path for those who want to see the top of butte without navigating a maze or doing the rope trail. They do pass by a hidden garden tucked away from the eyes of Immortan Joe. Not much grows in the Wasteland which makes the few flowers here a precious treasure and a promise what lies in wait at the fabled Green Place all War Boys dream of.

Whichever path is taken, they all lead to The Crow’s Nest. An observation deck of sorts on top of the butte. It gives guests great views of the entire Wasteland and even a good vantage out at the hub for the park. After nightfall, the Shaman storyteller from the streetmosphere show will come to the top of the Butte to describe the constellations visible in the night sky and the unique legends of the Mad Max world behind them. These might be the same stars visible everywhere in Orlando, but those who live in the Wasteland see them very differently.​

Average guest with no knowledge of Mad Max POV: I wANT IT THIS LOOKS SO FRIGGEN COOL AND I LIKE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS AND DIFFICULTIES AND THE THING WITH THE STARS ITS EPIC AND COOL.

good job pi.

Brer Panther

Okay, here's the best I've got...

The Road Warrior Bar and Barbecue
1590849832921.png
The land's main eatery, the Road Warrior Bar and Barbecue has clearly seen better days. Rusted metal, graffiti, and large holes in the wall add to the post-apocalyptic atmosphere begun outside the restaurant. Thirsty park guests can grab a seat at the bar for a drink - your choice of alcoholic or non-alcoholic. The menu features brisket, pulled pork, barbecued chicken, sandwiches, baked beans, and ribs, among other things. Throughout the restaurant, the aroma of barbecued meat fills the air, which will surely be enough to whet your appetite even before you receive your meal. References to the movies are scattered all over the place, so as you're tearing into your ribs keep your eyes peeled.

I know, it's not great, but as I've said before I don't know anything about Mad Max.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Okay, here's the best I've got...

The Road Warrior Bar and Barbecue
View attachment 473605
The land's main eatery, the Road Warrior Bar and Barbecue has clearly seen better days. Rusted metal, graffiti, and large holes in the wall add to the post-apocalyptic atmosphere begun outside the restaurant. Thirsty park guests can grab a seat at the bar for a drink - your choice of alcoholic or non-alcoholic. The menu features brisket, pulled pork, barbecued chicken, sandwiches, baked beans, and ribs, among other things. Throughout the restaurant, the aroma of barbecued meat fills the air, which will surely be enough to whet your appetite even before you receive your meal. References to the movies are scattered all over the place, so as you're tearing into your ribs keep your eyes peeled.

I know, it's not great, but as I've said before I don't know anything about Mad Max.
Perfect Post-Apocalyptic Eatery!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The War Rig and Gas Town Traders
Merchants from Gas Town have come to this corner of the Wasteland and set up a marketplace. The bulk of the shop is inside the Caverns under the Citadel, but the front section of the store is made of old car parts, rusted metal, scrap fabric fashioned into tents… Inside, the lights are made out of old car headlights rigged with exposed wiring. Out front, the iconic War Rig Furiosa drove in Fury Road is parked inviting guests in and hinting both at the story being told and the theme of the shop.

f4vDfQISJsTYYrrBj3AD7YhNCQO4ep4Zd7vPkB8KtHvFWKRODYnIur7zaV79LV_TltbHikZ4hJ168zjXX5VyVML1xNS6HXPm7OShQEVIifyoRNN7dTpMceXpFSpm-VcqRo9bDoNC

Gas Town Traders is the largest Gift Shop in the Wasteland selling all kinds of Mad Max and Post-Apocalyptic merchandise. The main focus of the store as well of the decor though is cars. The store celebrates the crazy and creative automobiles that have helped make the Mad Max franchise so iconic. Collectors Quality Replicas, toys, models, magnets and ornament hood to take home… Even specialty accessories inspired by Mad Max vehicles that are made to latch onto wheelchairs for differently abled guests.

FGwuK-lKEMNQifaC6pC5LovHbJR5HrOURivNsqMpjRBSZRREXiUMJqb-ywVXppbiFUgfvn_pToknAPdOX68XsIFj7s2P_RhDngMmEbUPypShX2j0QaEKTq-H4TbgJCCt9Bb1dM2M

The most exciting aspect of the store is a premium experience guests can take part in. The Ritual of War Rig.

Mms2ov_sj5MFnL-F3DNYOAbcD_Ki5Ys6hFsC3si5NRRhh5PsEbF2M8nPImO9BuYUZi86EnhjvpVq5FD7VAeif5-nbv2ZkoRtaE9sEHtlLwpzbwvUT7sPemZW03wWVGT7DjpqhniH

The merchants from Gas Town bring with them some of the best car parts and scrap metal from across the entire Wasteland. Many of the Immortan’s best vehicles in his fleet are built from pieces brought by the Gas Town Merchants and assembled by the Mechanic. The Mechanic works for Immortan Joe and designs/builds most of what the War Boys ride in. Of course, the War Boys are a part of the Cult of the V8, so they don’t just pay the Mechanic and pick it up later. The designing of their War Rigs is a deeply personal event. Guests are invited to join the War Boys and create their own War Rigs with the help of The Mechanic. Though they aren’t truly joining the Cult of the V8. The Mechanic knows of Furiosa and her planned rebellion against Immortan Joe. The new recruits (guests) are rebels in disguise, acting as if they are joining the War Boys, but they actually are designing the vehicles they are gonna use to fight him.

-i65kCngpJtnSLadGToJr2t1ovs9Md0igIjdnEA95vSuF8HEHM3Xg0JPclonLY7v0Je9zTlCX1CSVRdGqCiKzpCev-iKuOz77pfwaKxmKmQKVJAFjULbNAGLN5qxQK033D-VvfJA

The Mechanic is a live actor who hosts the experience. Similar to designing your own lightsaber at Galaxy’s Edge, the model cars that guests design are made up of many modular parts. Each part has its own story and importance behind it and where it is found. What colony designed it, what the Cult of V8 believes it to symbolize, etc. Furiosa appears on screens helping to encourage these new recruits to join her in the fight for freedom. The entire experience takes roughly 30 minutes and costs $119.99 + Tax. It includes the model car, a safe carrying case, the interactive experience, and collectible pin symbolizing you as a part of the resistance.​

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stuffs to do.
Bigger stuff is more important or needs more detail.
Red is unclaimed, Yellow is claimed, Green is done.

General
Attractions
Shopping
Dining
Whatever people wanna do, go for it! We got almost all the stuff claimed!

@orlando678- I know you were hesitant to do the flat ride, but how would you feel about the street show? Just needs a few sentences.

JokersWild

Hey boys and girls. Just wanted to give you guys an update on my portions of the project:

Firstly, I've read everyone's submissions thus far and they all look really fantastic. However we've run into a very small problem: the write ups for the table service and the shop are redundantly close to what I was going to do with both the secondary shop and the CS. Thus, I think that we should cut them both. I don't think that they're necessary and your write-ups are far better than what I could have done. I'd still like to keep the gas station, at least as a facade, or possibly it could be pushed into part of the facade for Pi's shop.

With that I can take both of the streetmosphere entertainment. I'll get them up at some point tonight with the final draft of the land outline. If for some reason we don't have a C-ticket done, I'll have one waiting in standby.

Secondly, with the time difference that I'm now dealing with, it will be mid-afternoon on Monday for me when the project is due. I'll be stuck at work during this time, and unfortunately won't be able to post the project. I'll do whatever I can over the next how ever many hours, but I won't be here to post.

How are all of the other parts of the land coming? I think that the only big things that we're still waiting on are the attractions.

pixie_princess

Hey boys and girls. Just wanted to give you guys an update on my portions of the project:

Firstly, I've read everyone's submissions thus far and they all look really fantastic. However we've run into a very small problem: the write ups for the table service and the shop are redundantly close to what I was going to do with both the secondary shop and the CS. Thus, I think that we should cut them both. I don't think that they're necessary and your write-ups are far better than what I could have done. I'd still like to keep the gas station, at least as a facade, or possibly it could be pushed into part of the facade for Pi's shop.

With that I can take both of the streetmosphere entertainment. I'll get them up at some point tonight with the final draft of the land outline. If for some reason we don't have a C-ticket done, I'll have one waiting in standby.

Secondly, with the time difference that I'm now dealing with, it will be mid-afternoon on Monday for me when the project is due. I'll be stuck at work during this time, and unfortunately won't be able to post the project. I'll do whatever I can over the next how ever many hours, but I won't be here to post.

How are all of the other parts of the land coming? I think that the only big things that we're still waiting on are the attractions.

What time zone are you in? I am on at stupid hours of the day and have no concept of time so I try and figure out what time everyone else works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom