Pre-Trip Switching (Mouse) Gears

slipperalwaysfits

So sorry about your rough year. I think that's what makes Disney time so special. You're away from your worries and with your family in a fun little fantasy world for a bit. I hope you get a trip in this year and there's Jedi Training involved!

belledream

I'm so sorry. :( Hearing all of this breaks my heart. I hope that you and your family find the opportunity to have a safe, fun, and well-deserved trip filled with all these experiences... because it sounds GREAT! I'll eagerly be following along... you seem like an awesome mom!

Trust2deal

Sorry to hear, I look forward to the trip report - and what plans you have to return to DW. Where are you thinking of staying next time? Also, can you shed any further details on the last fall trip? thanks -

Nala06

Original Poster
Sorry to hear, I look forward to the trip report - and what plans you have to return to DW. Where are you thinking of staying next time? Also, can you shed any further details on the last fall trip? thanks -
what would like to know about the fall trip?

hanwill

tip- Dont go on a major holiday. Its just not as much fun as you imagine. I have been when crowds are shoulder to shoulder going down Main Street- and if you have a child in a stroller, people will be trying to step in front if it constantly and your child won't be able to see anything. Its frankly exhausting to do anything. Not worth it. A good time to go is March, April or May (avoid spring break weeks around Easter). Its busy but not insane and its not too hot yet. A fun time to go is during the flower and garden festival at Epcot- there are things your child would like to do too then). Have fun planning- but those holiday decorations are not worth it. ( I have been the week before Christmas, the week between Christmas and New Year's, and Easter- which was the least crowded of the crowded weeks.)

meggo819

Dont go on a major holiday.
Definitely agree with this, but we went right after Thanksgiving (like Friday or Saturday through the following week) one year and it was wonderful. All the Christmas decorations and activities had started but it was probably the least crowded I’d ever experienced.

Trust2deal

Let the Planning Begin

We are booked! Well, tentatively. There is still a lot to get through before we feel comfortable taking the trip. Good thing we have 10 months to go! :D I just received my second dose of the vaccine so that's a good first step. And DH finally found a job after 8 months of searching, which is major relief.

We decided to go big, and have booked 1 week at the Poly and 1 week at Wilderness Lodge. Ideally we would like to book club level if that becomes available, and if we do that we might shorten the trip to offset the cost. But we (like most everyone) haven't been able to travel in the last year, so why not have an all out trip?! We also celebrated our 10 year anniversary last year during the pandemic (with a nice takeout dinner ha), and also want to celebrate our new baby, new job, and life in general!
Awesome - congrats on all achievements, job, baby, and life. I imagine many people will do the same as you as COVID starts to decline. We are thinking the same as you, book a trip now for about 6 - 8 months out. Just knowing we will have the trip will make us happy!

MickeyCB

I know you said you weren't going to a park on Thanksgiving, but if you have park hoppers (if they offer them again), we ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. It was so neat to have the traditional Thanksgiving meal there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom