Pre-Trip Switching (Mouse) Gears

Nala06

Original Poster
I have debated about starting one of these, because I never seem to finish them. But I thought it would be nice to have all of my thoughts in one place, since there are likely to be many changes to this potential trip due to the current situation.

Our most recent trip was in Fall 2019. We came down for a long weekend to hit MNSSHP and we were able to try out Wilderness Lodge Club Level for the first time. Our usual resort is the Poly, although we did a split stay at Copper Creek in a studio in 2017. This was a nice short getaway as we had done a big trip that spring, so we focused mostly on resort time and the party.

Last edited:

Nala06

Original Poster
Advertisement
The Trip That Wasn't To Be

Now, like many of you, we had a trip this spring that was cancelled due to the virus. It was to be a much different trip than we had ever done, focused hardly on Disney at all, although we did plan on staying on property.

Some backstory...we had bit of a rough time on our final day on our fall trip that put quite a damper on our moods. It was a mix of heat, a trying emotional growth spurt for DS4, and EPCOT construction awfulness. We returned from our day at the park really low, and honestly it felt like the magic had disappeared. Not how we wanted to end our vacation. We received an email from the WL CL staff after we returned home, thanking us for our stay and asking if we had any concerns. I wrote back saying that we absolutely loved the staff in the lounge, and without going into too much detail about our rough day, made a point to show how the staff was the biggest reason we left our trip with any love at all for Disney. They truly were wonderful, and I wanted it to be acknowledged.

To my surprise, the lady wrote back and offered us some compensation for our troubles. I felt a little silly accepting it when I didn't even ask for anything. I was just making sure the staff at WL CL got their due! I gave my thanks and we ended up with a free CL 1-night stay and 3 1-day PH tickets.

Moving into the fall, we experienced a loss that we were not expecting, and it put me in quite a funk for a few months. After the first of the year, things were starting to feel better again, and we realized we would be able to travel this summer for our 10 year anniversary after all (we were expecting to have a newborn at that time, so hadn't planned anything). The thought of the free night at Disney snuck into my head, and a trip was born. We were to go down Memorial Day weekend, utilize our free night TPV CL Poly (hey, dream big, right?!) before moving to AKL for the rest of the week. We would use the 1-day PHs to experience Star Wars at DHS and Flower and Garden at Epcot. DS4 would be old enough for Jedi Training, which is a dream come true for someone who does his own jedi training in our backyard :hilarious: . We would spend the rest of the week relaxing at AKL, with a day trip to Kennedy Space Center.

Then *ish hit the fan and the trip was lost. I was bummed for a bit, but I have gotten over it pretty quickly. I think because it wasn't a traditional trip and we didn't really have a lot planned out already. But like any true Disney fan, I started thinking ahead to when we could realistically go again...

slipperalwaysfits

So sorry about your rough year. I think that's what makes Disney time so special. You're away from your worries and with your family in a fun little fantasy world for a bit. I hope you get a trip in this year and there's Jedi Training involved!

belledream

I'm so sorry. :( Hearing all of this breaks my heart. I hope that you and your family find the opportunity to have a safe, fun, and well-deserved trip filled with all these experiences... because it sounds GREAT! I'll eagerly be following along... you seem like an awesome mom!

Trust2deal

Sorry to hear, I look forward to the trip report - and what plans you have to return to DW. Where are you thinking of staying next time? Also, can you shed any further details on the last fall trip? thanks -

Nala06

Original Poster
Eyes To the Future

Like I had mentioned previously, the wheels started churning as to when a return trip might be possible. This year was definitely out, there's way too much up in the air to plan a big trip. So that leaves next year possibly. I like the pattern of trips we are developing, alternating spring for Flower and Garden and winter for Christmas festivities. Since our last big trip was in March 2019, I am wanting to hit up the Christmas season this time around, which puts us at winter 2021. This would also time nicely with the 50th celebration that should be going on as well. We enjoyed going in the week or so after Thanksgiving last time we travelled in the winter, and I hope to be able to do that this time as well. One new wrinkle will be deciding if we want to pull DS out of school, as he will be in 1st grade at that point.

The thing I am most excited about is taking our first trip as a family of FOUR! We are expecting a baby girl this fall, and all three of us are beyond excited. So if we stick with this trip, baby will be just over a year old, which I think would be a great age for a first trip. It's fun to imagine all of the possibilities!

Nala06

Original Poster
Sorry to hear, I look forward to the trip report - and what plans you have to return to DW. Where are you thinking of staying next time? Also, can you shed any further details on the last fall trip? thanks -
what would like to know about the fall trip?

Nala06

Original Poster
What a busy few weeks! I am back at work after being off for 2.5 months. It’s been a challenge to adapt our patient care with all of this, but I am happy we are able to see patients again, and I am sure my patients are happy to be able to see again 🤓

We were finally able to celebrate DS’s birthday with family this weekend. Very small number of people, but the ones we love the most. All in all a great day.

F09C311E-2747-48E8-80A0-8FD229DFABC6.jpeg
30BEDD62-386A-46DB-A733-6694B371C98E.jpeg
95BA07F4-7101-4140-BC14-AB34A445DCD5.jpeg
4032E9C0-6622-48DC-BD70-715ED1C9762B.jpeg

Top Bottom