Swiss Family Treehouse

DisneyWood

fantastic

Robfasto said:
Here is one of the perks of the Treehouse at night:

http://www.disneypix.com/MagicKingdom/Adventureland/1981b/AL1081-03.htm

Although it isn't the greatest picture in the world it shows what the view looks like at night. Something it appears most people don't see this view.

We have never been in the treehouse at night, but after viewing the pic, I believe we will on our next trip. I like the treehouse, even though I don't feel like it is an attraction that I can't miss during our trip.

I would really miss it, if it were to close (like 20k, AE, etc). :cry:

dstackel

Original Poster
I am glad so many people responded to this thread. It was really interesting to see other people's experiences and memories of this attraction. The fondness and nostalgia for this attraction was alot more then I was expecting, and I am going to give it another try! :) Anyway, thanks everyone for writing in on your thoughts!

Since1976

I think the creativity of the Treehouse is lost on kids. And adults, who pay big bucks for WDW, don't see what all the fuss is about walking through this attraction based on a movie that few people remember. [I walked through on my last trip for the sake of my new wife, who had never experienced it, but I bet you we bypass it on our next trip out. It's just so expendable.]

So, I think Disney should either bring the Swiss Family Robinson movie back into publicized circulation once in a while to generate renewed interest, or change the attraction to something people can connect with.

I, for one, would have liked to have seen an attraction based on the Gummi Bears' caves, but the days of the Disney Afternoon are long gone...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom