Swiss Family Treehouse Delete

MickeyLuv'r

In addition to being an attraction, the Treehouse provides the secondary benefits of shade, hiding part of Jungle Cruise. If it was removed, it would largely make sense to replace it with trees - more or less. The greenery helps to evoke Adventureland.

It was one of the things I immediately noticed when Galaxy's Edge first opened- the lack of greenery. Now, in the time GE has been open, that has improved a bit as plants have matured, but the greenery in GE is still sorely lacking. A good deal of it, isn't at all visually appealing or interesting.

Contrast GE with the plants in front of the Seas, Seussland and the WS. The landscaping adds a great deal of atmosphere to those areas.

KDM31091

It's yet another thing that is low wait, chill, simple, so yes, I'm sure it's at risk of being demolished for something with LL and IP.

I don't "love" it but I appreciate that it's there, and is a nostalgic, simple attraction. With some great views. IMO, no reason to fix what isn't broken. But, don't worry, current leadership will find a way.

JMcMahonEsq

I really don’t understand this tear down and replace mentality - can’t we keep the attractions we like and get new attractions!?

I’m still sad they filled in the moat and we can’t get the swan boats back!
You really just answered your own question. You keep the attractions that people like…..and although you might personally like it, the numbers seem to say most people don’t. In looking at the park, or any business overall, it makes no sense to take up a valuable piece of your real estate, for something that no one, or a very small minority of your customers are using. And it certainly makes more sense to repurpose an already built out underperforming area of the park, rather than building from scratch elsewhere

Beacon Joe

With all the talk about replacing (not adding) attractions to the Magic Kingdom, has anyone considered removing the Swiss Family Treehouse?

I mean seriously, is anyone gonna argue that they love it?

While I think it's a shame that the chain pump, sluices, and all other water works aren't kept functional and running, I loved the treehouse at Disneyland and still love the one at Disney World. Our kids are very much modern kids, but still loved it when they were small and made the trek up the tree when the last time we went. And unlike me, they never had any attachment to the movie. They just liked the atmosphere and all of the repurposed material.

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
Well, they had the thing at Disneyland and switched to Tarzan for a while, and have now reverted. Personally, while I loved Disney's version of Tarzan, I have a deeper affection for SFR, probably because I'm a Boomer. LOL! If I had my druthers, we'd still have a 20,000 Leagues sub ride. =]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom