Swiss Family Treehouse Delete

TrainsOfDisney

Oh I get it. They can change things as long as it’s themed to stuff you like. Then it’s still Magic Kingdom.
Tomorrowland hasn’t ever had a very consistent theme - in Florida it’s a mix of retro and the neon Tomorrowland redo of the 90’s. The stitch space is empty, and monsters always seemed like a temporary fill. One of the counter service restaurants is now empty unless they are having a cupcake party. And the speedway is lacking any theme or charm - but kids love it.

I don’t want them to tear anything down in Tomorrowland - but I would love to see that land improved and united with a single theme.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's one of the few MK attractioms that someone can walk up and immediately enjoy without a wait, and I think there's some value in that. Even attractions like Tiki Room can be timed wrong and require waiting in queue for 10 minutes.

John park hopper

WDW had major corporate sponsors in 1971 for restaurants as well as attractions. I remember Kraft sponsored the Good Turn Restaurant now the Garden grill

JIMINYCR

Does anyone on these boards actually enjoy atmosphere or beauty anymore just for the sake of it? Some of us aren't Gen Z and actually have the attention span of longer than a toddler. Some of us appreciate the architecture of things and even the simplicity of some attractions at the same time. Mr. Toad's Wild ride has long been gone from WDW (still at Disneyland) but what was special about the ride? Sometimes it is just the simple things that made an attraction memorable. Swiss is also that type of attraction where you can reach towering heights, it gives you a chance for good pictures to be taken of the castle and other parts of the park and maybe you might start to be interested in the movie/book if you go through it. And it fits with Adventureland perfectly.
On every trip I'm enjoying the architecture of the buildings, scanning the dedicated windows on Main St , looking at the doorway signs, all the other small items the imagineers place in the parks, which adds to my enjoyment of my day. A large percentage of guests dont know or care about those things.

JIMINYCR

I feel like I’m confused on what makes a Disney theme park? If you tear down, retheme, and rebuild the entire magic kingdom is it still the magic kingdom?
Its still Magic Kingdom but not the MK we recognize. Every element that we enjoy can be taken out and changed which would alter the feel and vibe we now have of MK and over time we would have to accept a new kind of MK. Every time they take out a fav attraction and make a replacement or change a show, we slowly accept a new MK.

John park hopper

Beyond the simplicity of “heads in smartphones”, there are many issues at play.

One significant aspect is socioeconomic, and that’s very relevant to WDW. As you’ve pointed out countless times, Disney theme park vacations are very expensive.

My kids and 97.2% of their friends and classmates love to read. They trade favorite books and talk about books and draw pictures of book characters. And, yes, watch endless YouTube videos about book characters and universes.

My kids also enjoy the socioeconomic privileges that provided both a foundation to love reading and to access WDW vacations.
good parenting is now called socioeconomic privileges --interesting

TrainsOfDisney

Its still Magic Kingdom but not the MK we recognize. Every element that we enjoy can be taken out and changed which would alter the feel and vibe we now have of MK and over time we would have to accept a new kind of MK.
I don’t know if I agree with that - the vast majority of the MK has been there for 50 years or is part of a natural expansion of the original park.

All of the castle parks up until Shanghai followed the same basic design and contained the same iconic attractions.

JIMINYCR

I don’t know if I agree with that - the vast majority of the MK has been there for 50 years or is part of a natural expansion of the original park.

All of the castle parks up until Shanghai followed the same basic design and contained the same iconic attractions.
You asked if you tear down, retheme, and rebuild is it still MK. My answer was yes. Just in a different form with a different feel. Not taking MK as it is with the majority of MK being there for 50 years. Your response isnt relating to your original question.

TrainsOfDisney

You asked if you tear down, retheme, and rebuild is it still MK. My answer was yes. Just in a different form with a different feel. Not taking MK as it is with the majority of MK being there for 50 years. Your response isnt relating to your original question.
I guess we disagree then. It’s certainly not “Walt Disneys” magic kingdom. At least to me it’s not.

There are changes that will happen over time, just like in Walt’s day - but the park needs to resemble what it is!

Ghost93

With all the talk about replacing (not adding) attractions to the Magic Kingdom, has anyone considered removing the Swiss Family Treehouse?

I mean seriously, is anyone gonna argue that they love it?
I feel the same about Swiss Family Treehouse as I do about Tom Sawyer Island. It's a very well themed walkthrough attraction and I have fondness for the IP it is based on (watched Swiss Family Robinson all the time at my grandmother's). HOWEVER I also recognize that Swiss Family Robinson is pretty obscure among Gen Z and that is unlikely to change anytime soon. At some point, it will just make good business sense to replace the attraction with a walkthrough or ride that is more relevant to today's audiences.

aladdin2007

wow this is just getting,,,now we cant have the treehouse either?? Out with frontierland and its waterways, out with the hall of pres and liberty square...lets just close the park and start over...they are really on this lets get rid of everything kick yet they cant use or implement or fix what they have that needs attention more than these things. (looking at you tomorrowland ghetto). The genie system has ruined the parks Im sorry but it has. If something doesn't have a line now that they can squander a buck out of people begone with it. When does it stop. To the op if you dislike the treehouse that much fine, but you shouldn't state it as fact in your title making it sound like it's closing.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

All I was asking about was one treehouse attraction that never has a line to enter.
I asked a cast member about this when I was there last fall. I mentioned that I occasionally see something like a 15 minute wait in the app for the treehouse and she said that yes, there sometimes is a line.

Ice Gator

If they ever retheme it to Adventureland Treehouse like at Disneyland it wouldn’t be the end of the world for me.

I love Swiss Family Robinson but the new version at Disneyland is a very vibrant and fun upgrade, especially with the animals and little details connecting it to S.E.A.

Hockey89

Beyond the simplicity of “heads in smartphones”, there are many issues at play.

One significant aspect is socioeconomic, and that’s very relevant to WDW. As you’ve pointed out countless times, Disney theme park vacations are very expensive.

My kids and 97.2% of their friends and classmates love to read. They trade favorite books and talk about books and draw pictures of book characters. And, yes, watch endless YouTube videos about book characters and universes.

My kids also enjoy the socioeconomic privileges that provided both a foundation to love reading and to access WDW vacations.
OMG.... Painful at every single level

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom