Swimming supplies for infant?

dmbcrush5

Does anyone happen to know if Disney sells swimming diapers and bathing suits for infants in the BW/BC area? We're headed to BC in two weeks and I'm really hopeful that the warmer weather holds out, so my 9 month old can enjoy Storm Along Bay. That being said, I don't want to buy a bathing suit and diapers for him here in Massachusetts and get down there only to find out that it's too cold for him to use them and he won't fit in them by the time the warm weather makes its way up here in July..:hammer:

I'm hoping the marketplace at BC or BW has them, so I can grab them if needed. Thanks in advance for any input!

BrittanyRose428

I can't think of anywhere specifically at WDW, but maybe the airport will have them? Orlando is a really nice airport and we get a lot of random last minute things there when we land.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I vaguely remember seeing swim diapers at BC Marketplace. I know they had bathing suits - but they were pretty pricey. Probably easier to stick a bathing suit in the suitcase. I definitely remember seeing swimvests for rent by Stormalong Bay.

Upvote 0

coltow

I'm pretty sure they have all supplies at resort shops, just not a wide selection. BUT they will cost you way more then they would at home

Upvote 0

britdaw

Maybe you could try a Wal-Mart or Target in the surrounding Orlando area... Even a Walgreens would probably have them a LOT cheaper than in WDW.

Upvote 0

jikobean

Swim diapers have a pretty wide weight range. May be good to buy some at home and pack a few with you. You could also get a diaper cover online or at babies r us for use whenever in the pool. Buy a little bis so he can use this summer too.

Upvote 0

erstwo

They have them in all the resort gift shops. There are signs in/ near/ on the pool that state that all infants must have a swim diaper and they have them for sale in the gift shop. I have seen these signs at the pools at Pop, CB, and ASMu.

My only disclaimer is that I've never seen this sign at the BC, because we haven't stayed there yet. We'll be there 2 weeks after you, but that won't do you much good. :D

As someone else said, those swim diapers have a large range of weight, but from my vague memory, they do have some selection of sizes. I totally understand not wanting to invest the money if you can't use it. Those swim diapers come in such big packages, and it would stink if the baby outgrew them before you could use them!

Upvote 0

tinkerbell35

I have stayed at the beach club a few years back, but at the time had a twelve year old. However we now have a 2 year old little girl and we are planning on going this year late summer. I know while my family visited then we had a friend who was traveling with us who had a younger one and i did take her to go and look at swimsuits. They do have them at the marketplace in both the Yatch and Beach Club. I went to both to look at the variety between resorts sides. You can get swim pants and diapers there as well. However they are going to be incredibly expensive. My family visited this past August and we were staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it seemed they were very high. I brought what i needed, but our friends ran out. I believe that its nearly 10 0r 11 dollars for eight diapers and maybe 4 swim pants. It may be worth it to by the small size swim pants at home. My daughter was still in the size two when we went down there and she had just turned 18 months old. Storm along bay is wonderful and i can not stress enough that you should never underestimate how much they will want to be there. My son never wanted to leave:) My daughter on her first trip loved the pool and we spent time there everyday and sometimes many times during the day. Second you can purchase the swimsuit there the ones at the resort last year were various sizes and characters, but i will warn you they are pricey. The suit that our friends little girl wanted really bad the year we were at the BC was $70 and she was 5, i know that boys obviously will be cheaper, but it gives you an idea. If you dont want to spend to much money on it since he is so small have you thought about buying one from a resale shop in your area. Then if he just used it for the trip a few dollars wouldnt be so bad. You can also get all of this in the Downtown disney area as well. If they swim diapers are an issue and the cost of the resorts are to high i do have another suggestion, if you are up for a small walk, take the bus to downtown Disney and get off and take the short walk to the Crossroads market place and purchase them there for a more reasonable price and so many times more the swim pants. You just have to walk past all the Downtown Disney Resorts and across the stoplight. My husband would make this run on his own since we had a little one and picked up many things we would not over pay for and it ws just a bus ride and walk away. Hope this was helpful and not to much and overwhelming. Have a great Trip!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom