Swimming at the Beach/Yacht Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astronaut Jones

Original Poster
When I was little my family and I stayed at the Beach Club, I have tons of amazing memories of the Beach club's pool and how awesome it was. I'd love to relive that but don't have the money to stay at the hotel. If I'm staying at The Carribean or something of the sort, is there anything stopping me from swimming at the Yacht and Beach club other than my integrity? Like will they check if I'm staying at the hotel?

WDWCP

Astronaut Jones said:
When I was little my family and I stayed at the Beach Club, I have tons of amazing memories of the Beach club's pool and how awesome it was. I'd love to relive that but don't have the money to stay at the hotel. If I'm staying at The Carribean or something of the sort, is there anything stopping me from swimming at the Yacht and Beach club other than my integrity? Like will they check if I'm staying at the hotel?

You are correct in that you could likely just stroll on over and hop into the pool and nobody would notice or say anything to you.

Technically, it is against the stated policies to do this though. Officially, the pool at any given hotel are only supposed to be used by the guests staying at those particular hotels. The few exceptions to that rule is when two hotels share a single pool facility like the Yacht and Beach Club resorts sharing the single pool.

Let's hope this thread doesn't turn into a big rant on people honoring the rules or not...!

Just take it for what you will. You can technically do it, but shouldn't.

Nemo14

Astronaut Jones said:
I have seen them check ID's at the entrance gate. Sorry!

During our last stay at the Beach Club two weeks ago, and on previous visits to the Yacht and Beach Club, we have been asked for our room keys and, once confirmed as guests, given a plastic "bracelet" to wear while using the pool.

They seem to be checking usage very closely.

WDWCP

LaTinkerbell said:
During our last stay at the Beach Club two weeks ago, and on previous visits to the Yacht and Beach Club, we have been asked for our room keys and, once confirmed as guests, given a plastic "bracelet" to wear while using the pool.

It doesn't suprise me. On my last trip, my wife and I were staying at Pop Century and decided to head over to that pool area just to check it out (just walking around checking it out, not swimming at all). We were on the bus and there were at least 3 non-related large families all from Pop Century that were heading over there for a swim.

They all got away with it without any problems, but it sure has to be annoying for the actual guests that stay there, expecting to be able to use the pool!

Astronaut Jones

Original Poster
Yeah I don't see myself actually doing it, it was more a theorectical....well no it wasn't I can see myself doing it, but I'm trying to be more honest and rule abiding so I'm going to try to restrain myself. My mind half leaves me when I'm in Disney though.

WDWCP

Astronaut Jones said:
Yeah I don't see myself actually doing it, it was more a theorectical....well no it wasn't I can see myself doing it, but I'm trying to be more honest and rule abiding so I'm going to try to restrain myself. My mind half leaves me when I'm in Disney though.

Assuming you stay honest and don't try to go swimming there, I still encourage you to go through the area. It sure is pretty cool just to check out and walk around!

wannabeBelle

LaTinkerbell said:

This was absolutely true when I was there last July. ID's were checked and wristbands were placed on all the members of my party to identify them as guests. Belle

webmomom

When we were last June, we were not swiming, but watching our grandchildren swim. We were asked ID of the resort. We given wrist bands. We not even in bathing suits.:drevil:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DVC members can pool hop at will, unless the pools are at capacity, or during speficied 'busy' seasons. "Regular" resort guests are allowed to pool hop (well, it's not explicitly stated you can't), but each resort reserves the right to only allow guests staying at that resort to enjoy it's pool(s). The Beach Club pool is arguably the most popular at any WDW resort, and thus, it's probably getting patrolled.

Yoop33

typically if they are busy that day, they will check people. I woulnd't worry about it if was a slow day.
I was not even staying on property once and me and the lady decided to go to the SSR pool. The only thing anyone said to us was "Good Morning, Welcome Home". I just smiled and said thanks.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Back in 1999 when I was staying at the Wilderness Lodge my family & I were about to go in the pool when a CM said you can't go in there. We said why not, well the reason was a baby that may have been 1 or 2 years old (I forget the excat age) had an accident in the pool. They said if wanted to they were sending a boat of Wilderness Lodge guests to use the pool at the Contemporary while they drained all the water & cleaned the inside of the pool. So there can be events like that when you can use a pool at a WDW Resort which you are not staying at.

webmomom

From my understanding this the reason you not suppose go the Beach Club to swim is, When they built the Villas it put more rooms on the property.They wanted everyone that staying in their property to opporuntity to go swinning if want to. If allowed pool hopping as in past where would not enough room all of outside guest and on property guest.

That does effect the other hotel pools, just this as this really popular pool.:cry:

I could be wrong , if am please correct me, This what I understand.:cool:

freediverdude

Just adding.....DVC members are not allowed to pool hop to Stormalong Bay (Yacht and Beach Club main pool), and also not to the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool, unless they are staying at those particular resorts (or Beach Club Villas). DVC members are also advised to call the resort they want to pool hop to, and get permission from the front desk that their pool isn't at capacity first. Regular resort guests aren't allowed to pool hop at all, technically (they used to allow that, way back when, but now there are signs stating something like that). Stormalong Bay is the only one that occasionally during busy times has someone checking IDs and issuing wristbands, though, as far as I know.

DisneyPhD

freediverdude said:
Just adding.....DVC members are not allowed to pool hop to Stormalong Bay (Yacht and Beach Club main pool), and also not to the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool, unless they are staying at those particular resorts (or Beach Club Villas). DVC members are also advised to call the resort they want to pool hop to, and get permission from the front desk that their pool isn't at capacity first. Regular resort guests aren't allowed to pool hop at all, technically (they used to allow that, way back when, but now there are signs stating something like that). Stormalong Bay is the only one that occasionally during busy times has someone checking IDs and issuing wristbands, though, as far as I know.

This is correct. It isn't only busy times they do wrist bans, but most times in genral. To the best of my knowalge this is the only pool on prop to do this. They are rather careful about it.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I don't know if all Resorts do this but sometimes at the Contemporary pool when we ask for towels, they ask us for our room key to make sure we are guests there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom