Pre-Trip Sweet 16 at Animal Kingdom Lodge

MK_ENTRANC2_20160901_7789418397.jpeg
After an amazing trip in August with a friend who was a DVC member, we bit the bullet and purchased points through resale at Animal Kindgom Lodge. Our first trip will be in November of this year just one month shy of our sweet Grace turning (HUGE GULP!!) 16!!!!! What better way to celebrate this milestone than with a trip to the most Magical place on Earth?!

Cast of Characters:
Myself- Sweet Evangeline
DH- Mousefreak
DD- Grace
Friend- We call her Disney Jodee

We are currently set for Nov 12-18 in a Savannah View Room in Kidani Village. 210 Days and counting!

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
Dennis and Ialso took a short adults-only trip in February, too, just to get away. He found out in January that he was losing his job as the company was closing all locations. By the grace of God, he found another job within weeks but we just needed to get away from the stress and worry. We had also decided to cancel our plans to take an adults only Disney cruise in October since he was going to be starting a new job. We needed this getaway more than we realized. It was quite possibly my favorite trip of all time!

Feb trip 1.jpg
feb trip 2.jpg
feb trip 3.jpg
feb trip 4.jpg
feb trip 5.jpg
feb trip 6.jpg

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
We have a few more plans in place but we are having a really hard time securing decent priced flights. It really fries my rice that airlines can change their prices on a whim and offer different prices based on how many tickets you are buying!! We are clueless about why flights are so expensive for Friday Nov 17th, but they are. We have purchased our outbound flight for Thursday Nov 9th at a decent rate but unless we can find a decent flight home, I guess we will just have to stay!! LOL

We purchased 7 day hopper passes which we might trade in for annual passes. We also bought Christmas party tickets...another first. I still want to have Tshirts made to celebrate Graces sweet 16. Anyone have suggestions for websites to create Little Mermaid Birthday shirts?

12in12

I think I would stare at Tarzan as well plus maybe drool a little.;)
Having been let go of a job I loved I know how stressful and upsetting it can be. I am happy you were able to go and have a good time to get over it and that you are already planning a new trip! I hope you will have time to write a TR as your previous ones have been excellent.

MegRuss626

We have a few more plans in place but we are having a really hard time securing decent priced flights. It really fries my rice that airlines can change their prices on a whim and offer different prices based on how many tickets you are buying!! We are clueless about why flights are so expensive for Friday Nov 17th, but they are. We have purchased our outbound flight for Thursday Nov 9th at a decent rate but unless we can find a decent flight home, I guess we will just have to stay!! LOL

We purchased 7 day hopper passes which we might trade in for annual passes. We also bought Christmas party tickets...another first. I still want to have Tshirts made to celebrate Graces sweet 16. Anyone have suggestions for websites to create Little Mermaid Birthday shirts?

I would check Etsy for shirts...they have everything!!

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
We did the double digit dance this week!! Next week we make our fast pass choices!! We did secure reasonable flights finally too so we will be arriving late Thursday night and flying home the following Friday night late. I'm glad that's settled. In the meantime, we bought more DVC points direct through Disney so we will be able to take advantage of the fantastic price they are offering for annual passes. I would have never dreamed we would do that, but......when you find something you love.....

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
Just 29 days to go. We have changed our flights so we don't have to land so late at night, but instead will arrive super early Friday morning instead. To make up for the change, we added a day to the end of the trip and could only get a room at Boardwalk. It was the only DVC room available for that night. Wow!!! It will be fun to experience something new since we've never even visited there before. Our friend surprised us with tickets to the Christmas party AND the holiday dessert party at Hollywood Studios. Amazing. I have ordered custom t shirts for all of us to celebrate Grace's sweet 16! We are ready to pack and head out. Come on November!!

Figment Forever

Just 29 days to go. We have changed our flights so we don't have to land so late at night, but instead will arrive super early Friday morning instead. To make up for the change, we added a day to the end of the trip and could only get a room at Boardwalk. It was the only DVC room available for that night. Wow!!! It will be fun to experience something new since we've never even visited there before. Our friend surprised us with tickets to the Christmas party AND the holiday dessert party at Hollywood Studios. Amazing. I have ordered custom t shirts for all of us to celebrate Grace's sweet 16! We are ready to pack and head out. Come on November!!

It's getting close!! What a great friend - enjoy the Christmas Party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom