Sweedish Chef disappeared from Muppet Vision 3D

RSoxNo1

The Swedish Chef was working over the weekend, but only the front most panels on the sides of the theater were working (the ones closest to Statler and Waldorf and Beane Bunny). The penguins were already up when we got into the theater, they didn't rise up, and the "burn rubber" effect is still not working.

BlackCauldron

Saw this last Saturday and the Chef is back in order. But as previous poster said - penguins were up and stayed up, and only the front two panels were working. The rest of them looked faded. All the other effects (minus burning rubber) seemed to work just fine, although the bubbles did come down a tad bit early. This show is nostalgic but is in deseperate need of a fix - even the 3D is antiquated at this point.

Disneyfanman

If they can re-do entire movies like Lion King and Toy Story in beautiful digital 3-d, why can't they restore the film and upgrade the effects? That movie is still fun and engaging if the darn thing was in tip top shape. I don't get it. EVERYONE I know loves Muppets 4D, but it's exausting seeing the attraction so run down. So after a couple of problem visits they lose interest. If the movie is good (I sure hope it's a KILLER) then it will generate a lot of new interest in the attraction. Disney should prioritize it and give it a full big super duty refurbishment. Please.

AEfx

Even though the "It was Henson's last project" romanticism is valid, I think they've let it go the way they have because eventually it needs to be replaced.

It's kind of outdated at this point - the whole "3-D computer animation" character thing is way too prevalent, and simply not impressive in any way when we have entire animated films done in computer animation these days. It was "neat" back then, but there simply is too much focus on it which makes the show drag.

I want to see a REAL Muppet Show put in there. No dang video/movie...I want to see Muppets live in front of us performing. Disney has the technology - and it would be spectacular.

I want to see a REAL Muppet Show put in there. No dang video/movie...I want to see Muppets live in front of us performing. Disney has the technology - and it would be spectacular.

What do you mean by this?

How would a technological Muppet differ from any other animatronic?

Tom

Beta Return
Even though the "It was Henson's last project" romanticism is valid, I think they've let it go the way they have because eventually it needs to be replaced.

It's kind of outdated at this point - the whole "3-D computer animation" character thing is way too prevalent, and simply not impressive in any way when we have entire animated films done in computer animation these days. It was "neat" back then, but there simply is too much focus on it which makes the show drag.

That would be AWESOME! They could do a mini "The Muppet Show" with real puppets. They already do an intense puppet show with Mermaid, so why not with actual Muppets?

That would be incredible!!!

erasure fan1

I dont agree with removing muppet vision, restore it? yes. Remove it? No. Its funny, I think Muppet vision (for its age) is one of the least outdated attractions IMO because it was so well done. I would love to see a live muppet show as well but I really think it needs to be a 2nd attraction. The studios needs more family friendly attractions and the Muppets are a great choice.

They would be real puppets, but use technology to put on a more dramatic stage show, much like Mermaid.

That would be cool but very CM-intensive! And since they are true Muppets, would they have to hire Henson studios trained Muppeteers?

I think it would be awesome to get to see Live Muppets, but the operating costs would likely be much higher than the current show.

Fable McCloud

Having a live Muppet show as a second attraction would be great, because then you could "meet"the Muppets either as a photo op, a way for CM's to interact, or simply as way to introduce the younger kids to the Muppets.

It saddens me that my 17 year-old adopted sister doesn't know anything about them other than Jim Henson made them and there's a Frog named Kermit.

I'm 25, and I can remember them on tv all the time!

I digress.

There should be something to help coincide with the release of the new movie, and honestly, Hollywood Studios needs all the help it can get.

Tom

Beta Return
That would be cool but very CM-intensive! And since they are true Muppets, would they have to hire Henson studios trained Muppeteers?

I think it would be awesome to get to see Live Muppets, but the operating costs would likely be much higher than the current show.

Yes, CM-intense, but not necessarily more so than Mermaid. There are a LOT of puppets in the Under the Sea number, plus a fairly substantial tech crew and other cast members.

It could be interactive, like Monsters Inc or Crush. And since Disney owns Henson now, they could just get by with quality puppeteers. Main characters could be pre-recorded, like Mike in MILF, but they could do the interactivity with ancillary characters whose voices didn't have to be perfect.

gnuts0306

I dont agree with removing muppet vision, restore it? yes. Remove it? No. Its funny, I think Muppet vision (for its age) is one of the least outdated attractions IMO because it was so well done.

I AGREE.....its aging, but if you see the newer 4D movies such as Spongebob and what not at like Noahs Ark its still surpasses that by far!! We always make it a point to see the Muppets Movie while at DHS and probably always will!

GLaDOS

It could be interactive, like Monsters Inc or Crush.

Please, no. For the love of God no. we already have those two. Isn't that enough shows catering to toddler humor?

The great thing about Muppet Vision is that the adults laugh just as much if not more than the kids. Let's keep it that way.

gnuts0306

please, no. For the love of god no. We already have those two. Isn't that enough shows catering to toddler humor?

The great thing about muppet vision is that the adults laugh just as much if not more than the kids. Let's keep it that way.

i agree!!!

Irie

Are there any plans for a future refurb? I thought this one just had an extensive refurb 1-2 years ago.

DisneyFreakA113

Please, no. For the love of God no. we already have those two. Isn't that enough shows catering to toddler humor?

The great thing about Muppet Vision is that the adults laugh just as much if not more than the kids. Let's keep it that way.

i agree too! things need to stop being just to little toddlers and for all ages.

Tom

Beta Return

i agree!!!

i agree too! things need to stop being just to little toddlers and for all ages.

Just because a show is interactive doesn't mean it has to be geared toward youth. I was using MILF and TT as examples of the interaction, not necessarily the format.

The Muppet Show was never really a kid show when it was on the air. It was family-friendly, but had LOTS of jokes that were over kids' heads. They could do something like that.

Besides, MILF isn't necessarily a kids show. Disney can't do an "adult" show or anything that's not G-rated, so of course the jokes have to be safe and corny. But MILF picks on adults more than anyone else.

If they want to bring the Muppets back, bring them back for real! Muppets are puppets. Bring puppets to the parks. Kids only know the Muppets if they've seen one of the recent specials, or have seen them at Disney. Beyond that, there is no exposure.

Jim Henson was a genius, and that's why Muppets were so successful in their time. Disney is the only organization who can do them justice, and they need to do so, or let the franchise die (which would be a shame).

jhopkins213

Having a live Muppet show as a second attraction would be great, because then you could "meet"the Muppets either as a photo op, a way for CM's to interact, or simply as way to introduce the younger kids to the Muppets.

It saddens me that my 17 year-old adopted sister doesn't know anything about them other than Jim Henson made them and there's a Frog named Kermit.

I'm 25, and I can remember them on tv all the time!

I digress.

There should be something to help coincide with the release of the new movie, and honestly, Hollywood Studios needs all the help it can get.

I'm 31 and it is sad that most kids can't grasp the simpleness of the muppets or even understand what Jim Henson was trying to give to the world. Just like Mr Rogers. I would love to see it refurbished. I'm glad Disney didn't just take it and make it their own and possibly ruin the nature of it. Hopefully the new movie will recharge the brand for todays youths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom