Swearing in the parks, have you experienced this?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I've had a couple of experiences with it. Both at Space Mountain, oddly enough. One was a guy that was riding directly in front of my little boy and he kept screaming profanities on Space Mountain acting like it was the scariest and most intense coaster ride in human existence. I literally yelled at him from behind my little boy to watch his mouth and when we got off I told a CM and they tried to flag him down to tell him if he did that again he'd be asked to leave the park. Another time there were some really drunk college kids that were literally hopping rails and skipping people and cussing out loud with F bombs and everything. When we got to the front of the line I alerted a CM to them and when the ride ended they had a manager waiting on them and you could tell they were in probably serious trouble with Disney. The level of satisfaction I felt knowing that I had at least inconvenienced them was incredible. LOL! I can not stand people who think they are above the rules of just simple common decency.

Distant

Yep- eating outside at EPCOT at the Chinese restaurant.
Guy starts cursing very loudly into his phone- so he had a twofer of bad manners going.
1) Phone screaming
2) Lots of cursing.

It was a while ago- maybe 15 years ago. So not recent.

MaidMarianFan

unfortunately, before I had common knowledge to not swear at a children's area I did this a lot due to me thinking it would make me seem more mature.

dewardevi

The most swearing I‘ve heard in the parks is during the cheerleader weeks. The larger the group, the louder the swearing. Smoking, too, when that was allowed.

jaklgreen

I have just recently returned from a trip and actually heard much more swearing this year then most other years. IDK if it was because there were less kids around that people felt "safe", or if people have just lost all filter being in their homes for so long.

Chi84

Premium Member
I have just recently returned from a trip and actually heard much more swearing this year then most other years. IDK if it was because there were less kids around that people felt "safe", or if people have just lost all filter being in their homes for so long.
COVID has increased my swearing about 150%. There's a certain adjective I use before that word every single time . . .

Michaelson

Anyone who tells you they never swear, even under their breath, is probably not telling the truth.;)

The thing is, KNOWING when to turn that filter on and off, as there's a time and place swearing just fits a situation, and times it does not!

Not that I ever swear, mind you, :cool: but at the parks? Never.

If you can't think of something to say without dropping a cuss word, there's definitely something lacking in your grasp of conversational skills. It's probably best just to keep it to yourself and just listen.

You can turn the air blue in your car when you go back to the parking lot...... just keep your windows rolled up. There are kids out there too. :p

JMO.

Regards! Michaelson

Minnesota disney fan

I know I'm ancient, but, I remember when I heard the first ever cuss word on television (there was no streaming or anything like a computer, etc). I think it was da##. I remember telling my husband, well there goes any control over vulgar language on tv, or anywhere else. Guess it was true.

Parker in NYC

Depends on the park. Magic Kingdom? The most. Animal Kingdom? Zen experience, so never. MGM? Not so much, rather lovely. Epcot? If a curse is uttered in Epcot and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Goofyernmost

I find myself swearing a lot more now that I am older. I want to get out of the habit before I reach the age where I no longer have any real control over what I say and everything is a swear word. I was raised in a Truck Drivers environment so I knew all the words at a young age. I once made the mistake of saying the worst one in front of my grandmother, right next to my Father. I wouldn't be surprised if the imprint of the back of his hand is still visible on my face. I never used that word again even though I didn't know the meaning of it. Right into adulthood, I could swear with the best of them, but NEVER in mixed company, near kids or the elderly. When I was a bus driver the temptations that I had to stop the bus and get up and slap the swear right out of those jerks mouths was almost overwhelming especially if there were kids and old people around. Back then, probably like today, 20 somethings used that word as a spacer between almost every word they said and it didn't matter if it was in Disney World or not. I don't get out much so it might still be going on. In the atmosphere of the country currently I don't think I would lose any money gambling that it is still prevalent.

Lilofan

The most swearing I‘ve heard in the parks is during the cheerleader weeks. The larger the group, the louder the swearing. Smoking, too, when that was allowed.
When the Brazilian tour groups try to do each other out each other in song, the words are not for faint of heart who understand Portuguese.

LastoneOn

When the Brazilian tour groups try to do each other out each other in song, the words are not for faint of heart who understand Portuguese.

We sat in a show once and a German family came in, sat next to us. The dad starts going on about something, swearing, tossing our his "humorous" insults at people walking in. My wife turned to him and in her most excellent High German told him a few things. He went kinda white, shut up instantly, his wife and kids looked horrified looked straight ahead and not a peep out of them the rest of the show.

You just never know who might hear what you're saying. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom