Swearing in the parks, have you experienced this?

PBJelly

I've never noticed it before, but then again I'm not usually listening to others - or encounter anyone too sour, thankfully.

However, when I was in Las Vegas once, I went on this tour at the Hoover Dam, and this is almost word for word what they guide says :p

Parker in NYC

Swearing-related, not Disney, but I have to share. Ethel Merman was a guest on the Dinah Shore show (back in the '60s) and during rehearsal, she swore. A lot. Longshoreman-style. So, Dinah brought a swear jar over and said she would be charging $1 per curse for the rest of the day. Ethel immediately took a $100 bill out of her pocket, put it in the jar, and said, "Dinah, go BLEEP yourself." One of my favorites!

crawale

I'm not a big swearer myself, though if injuring myself I have been known to drop the odd 'F' bomb if nobody is around. However my golden rule would always be to not swear in front of children, it's just wrong. Was thinking back to my many trips to Disney and have to say that on the whole I've heard next to no swearing in the parks. Ok there was one guy in the gents toilets as I entered who said something like "I would avoid the cubicle bud, looks like Goofey's had a huge #$*" in there and not flushed", however that was one on one and was delivered in a quite well timed and funny manner. The only other time was a guy near Space Mountain who was ranting quite loudly on his phone about his business and how some contractor had let him down. He was throwing in swear words here and there but then stormed off as a cast member walked towards him.

Anyone else witness swearing in the parks? Also what do the cast members usually do if they hear swearing?
Many times during Food and Wine. Obviously too much wine and beer.

ElvisMickey

I don’t even think this question is necessary for anyone who’s been to World Showcase after, oh...I don’t know...2PM. However I DO miss the swearing at Pleasure Island in the 2000s 😜. It was in a different context about what was to come later that night 🤭

ddbowdoin

For me it’s a combination of the swearing and the overall volume of most families. My wife and I swear like sailors but we are oddly quiet with each other. Even at dinner, it’s like we are in a library.

macefamily

Oh yes. One was actually within my family. It had to be 15 years ago because one of my kids was still in a stroller. We were over by Winnie the Pooh in MK. We stopped to get ice cream cones. My mom was with us. She is an old red haired Irish lady with a temper. She loves her ice cream. We got our cones and were standing around when a sea gull swooped down and knocked her cone out of her hand. Well a flurry of F's, MF's, B's erupted. Embarrassing.
Another time we were at Disneyquest. I was playing the Golden Tee Golf game and there were pinball machines behind me. There was a group of teens who were dropping F bombs every other word. It caught my attention because they were so loud and obnoxious. No parents around.

macefamily

I forgot another one that stands out in my mind. We were at the Food and Wine in 2019 sitting down at the Hawaii booth. Two 20 something guys came stumbling drunk into the area. They were F bombing and yelling the N word. It was very uncomfortable. Then the rest of their group showed up which was another 6 or 7 people. They were worse ! No Disney security showed up. They carried on for about 20 minutes. We had to get up and leave.

macefamily

Hell yes!
....in all honestly not too much at Disney, but I once was at a hotel with a waterpark and an elevator full of children and this guy walks in(with his own kids) and yells loudly "I'm from Fbomb New York!"

Let me guess...………..Great Wolf Lodge ? We went to the one in the Poconos and 90% of the lot was New York plates. I couldn't tell you the number of guys I saw in velour jogging suits with gold chains.

Scott Duracher

We were watching Fantasmic! at Disneyland back in February, of course with tons of children around. There was this young girl, probably early twenties, behind us that would drop the f-bomb nearly every time there was something that wowed her. She was obviously very impressed with the show because she was swearing every couple of seconds. After a few minutes of this foolishness, I turned around and gave her the stare of death and we didn't hear a peep out of her for the remainder of the show. Not gonna lie, I kinda felt like a hero!

Lilofan

I forgot another one that stands out in my mind. We were at the Food and Wine in 2019 sitting down at the Hawaii booth. Two 20 something guys came stumbling drunk into the area. They were F bombing and yelling the N word. It was very uncomfortable. Then the rest of their group showed up which was another 6 or 7 people. They were worse ! No Disney security showed up. They carried on for about 20 minutes. We had to get up and leave.
Food and Wine can get out of control. There are even guests that show up wearing the same shirts signifying their drinking team name on the shirt while they attempt to drink around the world.

spoole79

On our last 2 trips, we've noticed more swearing....But this one was the worst. In June 2018, my wife and I were walking behind one of the bears (I forget which one) and a CM in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. Out of nowhere a man came running up from behind me and taps the bear on the shoulder from behind. The bear doesn't stop...The CM stops and tells this man "Sir, you can not walk up behind them and tap them on the shoulder. It startles them. If you want their attention for a picture, you have to walk up in front of them and ask for a picture." The man says back (obviously frustrated), "All I want is a picture!" The CM calmly says back, "Sir, if you want a picture, you have to approach him from the front and get his attention." The man yells back "AH F*** YOU!" and storms off. The CM turns back to him, waves and yells, "Thank you Sir. Have a magical day!"

Raineman

On our last 2 trips, we've noticed more swearing....But this one was the worst. In June 2018, my wife and I were walking behind one of the bears (I forget which one) and a CM in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. Out of nowhere a man came running up from behind me and taps the bear on the shoulder from behind. The bear doesn't stop...The CM stops and tells this man "Sir, you can not walk up behind them and tap them on the shoulder. It startles them. If you want their attention for a picture, you have to walk up in front of them and ask for a picture." The man says back (obviously frustrated), "All I want is a picture!" The CM calmly says back, "Sir, if you want a picture, you have to approach him from the front and get his attention." The man yells back "AH F*** YOU!" and storms off. The CM turns back to him, waves and yells, "Thank you Sir. Have a magical day!"
My DW, who works as a manager in retail, always says that the best way to deal with loud, obnoxious, rude customers is to do exactly what that CM did. They want you to get angry and start arguing, and smiling sweetly and telling them to have a good day will get them to leave.

FettFan

The one I'll remember til my dying day...

The Jerry Springer Newlyweds in Animal Kingdom. The woman, still wearing the Minnie Mouse veil hat was upset and screaming, the husband is behind her trying to calm her down....then she turns around and screams "WHY DID YOU [GET JIGGY WITH] HER?!" at the top of her lungs.

It was right by Pizzafari.....lots of kids around and a couple of cast members standing nearby....their mouths just DROPPED.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom