Swan vs Port Orleans Riverside

aTmfan

Can anyone help me out? We currently have a res. for PO Riverside for mid July but can get a little cheaper rate at the Swan with my wife's teacher discount. We have twin 11 yr. olds and are wanting to know which would be better, better pools, etc? Thanks

wannabeBelle

I'm gonna have to stand up for the Swolphin here! ;)
I hear people say it has no theming, but I really dont understand that. I have never seen a hotel in a city look even remotely similar to the Swan and Dolphin. Its such a unique set of buildings, and is highly aclaimed in the design world. When you are there, you are surrounded by these huge distinct buildings, with all the lush palm trees, huge sculptures atop the buildings, views of Spaceship Earth, the Boardwalk, the Tower of Terror.

It doesnt set you up in a specific place as something like CBR or PO does, but I do think its design is very very unique, and isnt just a generic city hotel.

Hi there!!! I meant exactly what you thought, that the theming doesnt bring you to another time/ place in the world. The Swan is a lovely resort and does have all the theming you mentioned, I was just referring to the different themes such as PO or Polynesian or Coronado etc. The location is really astounding and for that alone it is certainly worth considering. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom