Swan vs Dolphin hotel?

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
I am a teacher and get a discount on a room at either hotel... is there a major difference between the two?

Planning to take my family (mom, Dad, sister).

daisyduckie

The themed pool is closer to the Dolphin and the Dolphin is where the quick service food option is. The Swan had queen beds while the Dolphin has doubles.

correcaminos

As stated the beds, pool and food locations. Only other thing I can think to add is the Swan is much smaller of a hotel than the Dolphin is. The Dolphin has a bigger and busier lobby than the Swan does. Really the walk from one to the other is not much at all. I find I can get slightly better prices at the Dolphin usually but I prefer the Swan.

BoarderPhreak

I prefer the Swan. Smaller, quieter. The room I had before was killer; balcony overlooking the Dolphin with a view the of the Boardwalk. Buses stop here first. Staying there again soon. 👍

The Dolphin is larger, noisier and has an appropriately larger convention space. It also offers more options in the lobby as far as food and drink. Thankfully, it's a short walk from the Swan. 😉

Actual view:

L1005602.jpg

Last edited:

COrunner

Good to know on the Swan!

Did the Dolphin last year, they were finishing up a new quick service place, the on site disney folks were easy to deal with as well and considering where to go between the two this year due in part to the Marriott/SPG merger...

IMG_6998.JPG

slappy magoo

Never stayed at either but if I had to pick (and if I were spending YOUR money ,haha) the queen beds at the Swan would win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom