Swan / Dolphin to MK

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I just read recently that buses from Swan and Dolphin to MK are now operated by Mears and only go as far as TT&C. Has anyone had experience with this recently? If so, how early did the buses start running from S&D? We might walk over to BW or YC instead on our MK mornings to make sure we get there at least an hour before rope drop!

bennyw01

I'd just walk over to Y&BC I reckon, I am booked into Dolphin in August and plan to take full use of the accessible routes this resort allows for, I don't mind the occasional walk so just about taking whatever versatile routing works for you. Its a shame the parks aren't widely accessible cause MK for me would previously mean walking through EPCOT and jumping on the monorail.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Yeah we are a bit bummed the monorail isn't running from Epcot. We have dinner at Cali Grill and normally we would take the monorail to T&TC and then hop the Epcot monorail and walk through the park but that's not an option :( We only have 2 mornings for MK so I think we're just going to walk over to YC and go that way. At the end of the night I think we'll just hop whichever bus comes first for the Epcot resorts. Luckily S&D are smack dab in the middle of the resorts that whichever resort we decide to go to, it's just a short walk.

bennyw01

Also.. a good option with the Skyliner is to now take resort buses back to Hollywood Studios and walk/take the Skyliner, another reason why S&D is perfectly placed for the flexible Disney guest. Disney Springs, I will now be looking at any of the Cresent Lake resorts, but also Caribbean Beach, Riviera, and Art of Animation! all great, but slightly longer options.

DISR

We were there between Christmas and New Years...tried the buses three times and ended up driving or Ubering each time. On the return trips we went to Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach using Disney buses. The Mears transportation option is a non-service. Even if you manage to be there when bus arrives (rare), the physical distancing on the bus means you may have to wait for the next one. Maybe it has gotten better, but I doubt it. Also, Uber was pretty slow...plan ahead. I suspect there are less Uber drivers operating and more people using it.

Nubs70

I was at Dolphin 2 weeks ago. We would walk to Boardwalk Bus Stop. On way back, we would take Boardwalk or Y&BC, whichever was going to load first.

Also, if you are using the East elevators and there is a line up, walk up the stairs to the next floor and grab the elevator there.

LovePop

I was at Dolphin 2 weeks ago. We would walk to Boardwalk Bus Stop. On way back, we would take Boardwalk or Y&BC, whichever was going to load first.

Also, if you are using the East elevators and there is a line up, walk up the stairs to the next floor and grab the elevator there.
This proves that Disney is being ridiculous, forcing S&D out of the bus loop. They have no way of preventing people just use the other hotels' buses, while Disney doesn't even get paid for it.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
This proves that Disney is being ridiculous, forcing S&D out of the bus loop. They have no way of preventing people just use the other hotels' buses, while Disney doesn't even get paid for it.

Anyone can use the park buses, staying onsite or not. There is no rule against that. I know many people who will take a bus to a resort for dining even though they're staying off-site.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Haha I’m staying at the Yacht this week and seeing all of these “use the yacht club bus stop” suggestions will have me judging everyone on line if they are from the resort or not. No bother, I’d do the same thing myself, just find it funny to think about.

We probably would end up taking either the YC, BC or BW buses anyway since Dolphin doesn't have great breakfast options. We would be going to one of those resorts anyway for breakfast.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We were there between Christmas and New Years...tried the buses three times and ended up driving or Ubering each time. On the return trips we went to Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach using Disney buses. The Mears transportation option is a non-service. Even if you manage to be there when bus arrives (rare), the physical distancing on the bus means you may have to wait for the next one. Maybe it has gotten better, but I doubt it. Also, Uber was pretty slow...plan ahead. I suspect there are less Uber drivers operating and more people using it.

Thanks for the heads up!! I've been checking Ubers every single morning to see if I can gauge how the rates and prices are. Definitely busy in the mornings!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster

Thanks for the info! I am requesting the east side of the building so that's helpful to know about the elevators. How was the housekeeping? I've read some pretty bad stories lately about how the housekeeping has been atrocious.

Nubs70

Thanks for the info! I am requesting the east side of the building so that's helpful to know about the elevators. How was the housekeeping? I've read some pretty bad stories lately about how the housekeeping has been atrocious.
Housekeeping is by request only.

More people than usual eat in room then leave the remains outside their door. A pet peave of mine, both sagging in one's room and then leaving garbage outside door. Pickup of the remains can take a while which only grinds me a little more. But that's me.

Pool is crowded. Walk to Boardwalk for bus service. Speedway across from Boardwalk parking lot is goto for reasonably priced beer and packaged adult beverages but no liqour.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Housekeeping is by request only.

More people than usual eat in room then leave the remains outside their door. A pet peave of mine, both sagging in one's room and then leaving garbage outside door. Pickup of the remains can take a while which only grinds me a little more. But that's me.

Pool is crowded. Walk to Boardwalk for bus service. Speedway across from Boardwalk parking lot is goto for reasonably priced beer and packaged adult beverages but no liqour.

Yeah I had heard about the food and stuff being left outside the doors. That's SUPER unsanitary!

Did you still get your 2 bottles of water per day? We're paying that dang resort fee, I better get my 2 bottles of water!!! :hilarious:

daisyduckie

Why did you walk to the Boardwalk and not the Yacht Club? Is it closer? Wondering as we are staying at the Dolphin this fall.

Nubs70

Why did you walk to the Boardwalk and not the Yacht Club? Is it closer? Wondering as we are staying at the Dolphin this fall.
The Boardwalk route seems to have more to look at and you can bypass the lobby. If you head to the Yatch Club from the Dolphin exit by BlueZoo, there are inlets of the lake to walk around. If you take the bridge by Swan, a simple right turn takes you to Boardwalk. To go to Yatch Club, its a bit of a backtrack.

BPB101

We were looking at the Swan ourselves for a future visit, and noticed there is a boat service to both parks. Is this a benefit or something to be avoided?

Wil only be there a few days, so can't decide whether the best use of the location is to try the walk to Epcot and HS, use the water taxis or take the Boardwalk bus to MK..... so many decisions 🤔

DISR

We were looking at the Swan ourselves for a future visit, and noticed there is a boat service to both parks. Is this a benefit or something to be avoided?

Wil only be there a few days, so can't decide whether the best use of the location is to try the walk to Epcot and HS, use the water taxis or take the Boardwalk bus to MK..... so many decisions 🤔
I would not say it is to be avoided, but it is faster and less frustrating to walk. The boat is very slow and makes multiple stops. If you are exhausted or it is 99 degrees, that could change the equation. I am usually trying to maximize my time, so I usually want to move places quickly. If you have a more relaxed attitude to lots of time, you may enjoy the ride.

Kamikaze

Boardwalk/Y&B Bus to MK. 100%.
Walk to Epcot and DHS.

Skyliner if you're park hopping between Epcot and DHS. Its roughly the same amount of time and obviously much less work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom