Swan / Dolphin to MK

Nubs70

We were looking at the Swan ourselves for a future visit, and noticed there is a boat service to both parks. Is this a benefit or something to be avoided?

Wil only be there a few days, so can't decide whether the best use of the location is to try the walk to Epcot and HS, use the water taxis or take the Boardwalk bus to MK..... so many decisions 🤔
Boardwalk bus is the best. A nice 1 cup of coffee walk in the mornings. Yatch Club is an alternative but is a bit less of an interesting walk.

Weather_Lady

Do Swan Dolphin use Disney transport yet, or is it still Mears and drops you off elsewhere??!
As far as I know, the change is permanent. There's been no indication that Disney bus transportation is ever expected to return to Swan/Dolphin.

When we stayed at the Dolphin in August, if we needed to get to MK or AK we typically walked to Boardwalk or Beach Club, sometimes picking up a snack or drink at the resorts on the way, and took buses to the parks from there. The one time we used the Mears buses to try and get to AK directly to and from the Dolphin, we waited about 25 minutes each time, which was twice the average wait for a bus to/from a Disney resort (and in mid-90-degree heat), so we didn't try that again.

When it was time to head back to the hotel at the end of the day, we'd wait at the park's bus depot at either the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club stops (they're right next to one another), and simply hop on the first resort bus that arrived for any of them.

Granted, the week we were there was a record-settingly-low-crowd week, and we were often traveling on nearly empty buses, so we weren't exactly taxing the system or interfering with any Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk guests' access. I've seen rumblings on message boards that Disney may, at some point, prohibit or crack down on the practice of Swan/Dolphin guests using the Disney resort buses from other hotels, but there's been no concrete action in that direction as of yet.

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Granted, the week we were there was a record-settingly-low-crowd week, and we were often traveling on nearly empty buses, so we weren't exactly taxing the system or interfering with any Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk guests' access. I've seen rumblings on message boards that Disney may, at some point, prohibit or crack down on the practice of Swan/Dolphin guests using the Disney resort buses from other hotels, but there's been no concrete action in that direction as of yet.

I can't imagine how they would enforce this. People with ADR's, planning to meet others at Epcot area resorts, people wanting to ride the Skyliner, etc.. not sure how they could do it short of scanning everyone's magic band to prove you're staying at that resort or have a dining reservation there. Hopefully it doesn't get to the point where they have to do that though!

COProgressFan

I can't imagine how they would enforce this. People with ADR's, planning to meet others at Epcot area resorts, people wanting to ride the Skyliner, etc.. not sure how they could do it short of scanning everyone's magic band to prove you're staying at that resort or have a dining reservation there. Hopefully it doesn't get to the point where they have to do that though!
I agree, I don’t see how this could ever be enforceable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom