News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

celluloid

Fun fact about the gawdy nature of the Swan and Dolphin, thi was Michael Graves' conservative design. Eisner had him tone it down. Imagine if they went with the other proposal.

Robbiem

Fun fact about the gawdy nature of the Swan and Dolphin, thi was Michael Graves' conservative design. Eisner had him tone it down. Imagine if they went with the other proposal.

interesting. Are there any copies of the other proposal would love to see this as well as the venturi hotel designed for Paris which was scrapped build Disneyland hotel

celluloid

It is funny to me that it has been said that Michael Graves had hoped that the Swan and Dolphins would become Disney utilized characters some day and that the hotel even has a backstory(which is a stretch or at least not well conveyed or adds anything to the experience in my opinion)
Hopefully all these changes help in general. I know a lot of work has been going on for years with it but when I went on a tour of the facilities 2 years ago the upkeep was not very good.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 22, 2020. A ground level view of the Swan and Dolphin Tower under construction. The exterior of the hotel appears to be floor to ceiling glass. This will be a very modern looking tower right on the side of World Drive on the way to Magic Kingdom.

This view from Buena Vista Blvd, just east of World Drive. The original resort tower in the background on the right.

IMG_2964.JPG

Views from along Epcot resorts drive, across the street from Swan and Dolphin towers.

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

HauntedMansionFLA

Photo update as of Friday, May 22, 2020. A ground level view of the Swan and Dolphin Tower under construction. The exterior of the hotel appears to be floor to ceiling glass. This will be a very modern looking tower right on the side of World Drive on the way to Magic Kingdom.

This view from Buena Vista Blvd, just east of World Drive. The original resort tower in the background on the right.

View attachment 471921

Views from along Epcot resorts drive, across the street from Swan and Dolphin towers.

View attachment 471922

View attachment 471923

View attachment 471924
Looking good. Thanks for all the photo updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom