News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

castlecake2.0

Driving by this almost everyday I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would have. The reflection from all the glass almost camouflages it, and from the boardwalk area a row of trees combined with the reflection it’s very unobtrusive. I don’t mind the swan/dolphin on their own, i just wish it was built in a way that didn’t show it from Epcot.

Epcot82Guy

Driving by this almost everyday I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would have. The reflection from all the glass almost camouflages it, and from the boardwalk area a row of trees combined with the reflection it’s very unobtrusive. I don’t mind the swan/dolphin on their own, i just wish it was built in a way that didn’t show it from Epcot.

I was just at Swan this weekend. It's not as glaring as it could have been, and I think the reflection is a big part of that. It certainly is a very boring design that doesn't really relate to the other two buildings. So, it's meh to slightly bad. There's no way around it being an "office building" in person. It could have been a benefit in addition. But, it's less than that.

And, I agree with S&D. They are two of my favorite hotels. I just wish there was a way to separate them from the skyline, especially in Epcot. (Stupid physics...)

Bocabear

It's all great until someone gets hit by a bus trying to cross the street to get to the park... Are they building an airwalk? If not, you will still have to take a bus, so being close to EPCOT at this location is not helpful at all... you might as well be at Disney Springs

peter11435

It's all great until someone gets hit by a bus trying to cross the street to get to the park... Are they building an airwalk? If not, you will still have to take a bus, so being close to EPCOT at this location is not helpful at all... you might as well be at Disney Springs
It will be interesting to see what the transportation options end up being for this location. Walking to Epcot will be an option but it will be a long walk.

The Pho

Has there been an incident on that crosswalk in the past 24 years? Or on any of the other Disney crosswalks? Maybe they’ll add a light to help with the added capacity using the crosswalk, but a bridge seems like overkill.

Bocabear

There’s no bridge between the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. That’s a much busier road and has more pedestrian traffic.
you don't have to cross a street to get to the Contemporary...just the driveway entrances. not the main thoroughfare. and that road by the swan and Dolphin is curved making it difficult to see traffic from any distance... Imagine a family with stroller and kids wandering across... and a whole hotel's worth of people...not just a few people walking across for Mini Golf.
'Once you actually have to get on transportation to go to Epcot what's the point of staying there... It is a bit too far of a walk with a dangerous busy road crossing...to get to your office building styled hotel.

JoeCamel

you don't have to cross a street to get to the Contemporary...just the driveway entrances. not the main thoroughfare. and that road by the swan and Dolphin is curved making it difficult to see traffic from any distance... Imagine a family with stroller and kids wandering across... and a whole hotel's worth of people...not just a few people walking across for Mini Golf.
'Once you actually have to get on transportation to go to Epcot what's the point of staying there... It is a bit too far of a walk with a dangerous busy road crossing...to get to your office building styled hotel.
But they built it for companies that want a convention with a side of Disney. I wonder how that will play out.

peter11435

You absolutely do have to cross a street to get from the contemporary to the magic kingdom. You cross two resort driveway entrances and then a very busy road. Hundreds of people (families with strollers and kids) cross that road every day. And it’s a very busy road. Much busier than the road by swan and dolphin.

bpiper

You absolutely do have to cross a street to get from the contemporary to the magic kingdom. You cross two resort driveway entrances and then a very busy road. Hundreds of people (families with strollers and kids) cross that road every day. And it’s a very busy road. Much busier than the road by swan and dolphin.
But that crossing has a traffic signal and a cross walk signal. I have done it many times. Unless they put up a traffic signal with cross walk signal, then its apples vs oranges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom