News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Next Big Thing

Even better, why not build the garage across World Drive from DHS as has been rumored?
While I still think this is what will happen, the one thing you have to remember about that is it was posted by Martin before we found out about the Pyro bunkers... which he seemed genuinely shocked at when you found that. So maybe they are rethinking that because of firework fallout?

Again, I still think it will happen, it's just me thinking outside of the box.

dgp602

Jim Hill is Jim Hill, but I also agree that this seems to make sense. This is honestly just a few feet from where Cast Members enter that park in the backstage garage, so creating a new garage here and having a walkway to DHS really isn't terrible. It's really not a far distance from the Sunset Boulevard area and only a minor inconvenience for anyone on the other half of the park.
So, would this eliminate the Mini Golf course? And are the balloons still there? How long are they usually deployed ( for lack of a better term! )?

GrumpyFan

Even better, why not build the garage across World Drive from DHS as has been rumored?
Wouldn't that involve re-classifying some of the land over there? As well as building a roadway.
The parking structure would seem to make the most sense. They could build a walkway connecting to the back of DHS, or just run a shuttle bus back and forth.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't that involve re-classifying some of the land over there? As well as building a roadway.
The parking structure would seem to make the most sense. They could build a walkway connecting to the back of DHS, or just run a shuttle bus back and forth.

Nope, there is a good sized chunk of land across World Drive from DHS that is considered suitable for construction. Here is the map. Blue is where the new retention pond will go, the red circled area is where the fireworks are going, so that leaves some land north of that.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

Nope, there is a good sized chunk of land across World Drive from DHS that is considered suitable for construction. Here is the map. Blue is where the new retention pond will go, the red circled area is where the fireworks are going, so that leaves some land north of that.

View attachment 126810

I see.
Not to get to far off topic here, but are they planning to launch fireworks over a busy road? Is that safe?

dgp602

I'm tempted to start a counter for how many times this same question is asked and answered in this thread. I think we're up to four.
Sorry...worked all night and couldn't manage to read all the pages. Do I have to search for the answer or would you be so kind as to answer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom