Swan and Dolphin look outdated?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No, I think they are beautiful hotels.

View attachment 289378

Stayed at the SWAN toward the end of May. I think it's a very nice hotel, and I have stayed there every year for the past 6 years or so. (I've also stayed at other Disney properties prior to that--all nice hotels, but I just prefer the SWAN for the size and convenience of the location.) They also have reasonable prices--I always check their rates often, before I book.

LUVofDIS

The Dolphin's lobby has been redesigned to be a chic, modern interior. Looks nice. Nothing spectacular. Outside the Dolphin's lobby, the original theming exists throughout the public spaces.
Last year, the lobby had hundreds of hanging bulbs installed. I cant stop looking at them when I am there.

_DSC6484D.jpg

Weather_Lady

I just see them as an example of classic late-1980s aesthetics -- and they're an example that has stood the test of time better than most. It's not my cup of tea, personally, but not every theme is. I appreciate them for what they are: a couple of well-maintained and thoughtfully-designed buildings that hail from another era.

DisneyFreak

Have never been much of a fan. Thought they never really fit into WDW. We of course checked them both out when they first opened in the late 80's. The only other times we've been to either is to go to Kimonos for sushi and karaoke.

surfsupdon

I like them a lot. They are whimsical, tropical, and "magical." They look great from the resort grounds and from Buena Vista....I don't like the way they look on World Drive tho.

Ricky Spanish

Wow, I must be old!
I remember being at WDW when they were building these hotels.
They were putting either the swans or dolphins on top of the buildings( don't remember which) when we were driving towards the Magic Kingdom.

crxbrett

Wow, I must be old!
I remember being at WDW when they were building these hotels.
They were putting either the swans or dolphins on top of the buildings( don't remember which) when we were driving towards the Magic Kingdom.

Hahahahahaaa! My very first vacation to WDW was in August of '89 when the resorts were nearing completion. I remember MCO even had a glass display in the airport with models showcasing the new resorts! Somewhere in all my DW photos is a pic of myself and my siblings standing next to the models.

BoarderPhreak

Anyone else think that the outside of the Swan and Dolphin looks tacky? I personally don’t find them to look that pretty. What’s your opinion?
Outdated? Not in the least. They're just not themed in Disney style and thus a bit generic. I suppose the teal blue might be a little... Tired... But they fit the general theme. The rooms were relatively recently refurbished inside - and they're repainting outside currently (not the entire building, but details).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom