Swan and Dolphin - Do they have the Disney "magic?"

Hi all:

I've accumulated a bunch of Starwood points (Starwood owns Sheraton and Westin, among others), and was considering using them to go to Disney and stay at the Swan or Dolphin for free.:) (As you know, Swan and Dolphin are Sheraton and Westin-operated hotels on Disney property.) But I'm hesitant. Here are my questions:

1) Do the Swan and Dolphin "feel" like Disney hotels? If I'm there, do I feel like I'm in the so-called Disney "magic?" If not, it's not worth all those points when I can go to a nice tropical island instead for free...

2) Are the services equivalent to other Disney hotels? Transport any good? Early entry available? Ability to charge stuff to your room? Etc.

3) Are they young-kid friendly (5 and 2)?

4) If I go there, at which one should I stay (Swan or Dolphin)?

I appreciate any advice.

Lance

1.) yes, the interior hallways are painted similar to the boardwalk villas, very elaborate, not dull or plain at all. I think they do feel like a disney resort....

2.) They got a great pool, they are on the "friendship" boats routes to both MGM and Epcot, you can also walk to both, they are next to the boardwalk and Y&B club, they are woven all intogether very well.....refillable mugs, arcade, character dinners, disney retail stores, disney bus transportion, I think they are like a more liberal grand floridian.

3.) I think they are, but the majority are business and conventions people that stay there.....but I see plenty of kids staying there.

4.) I would stay at the Dolphin, I find all the business people to be in the Swan more often, because the Swan has a smaller lobby. The dolphin has all the good stuff out of the way of the convention's. I'd pick the Dolphin.....

Upvote 0

GalacticGobbler

We have used our starwood points for free nights. We like the hotels and being that close to the boardwalk, how could you not have the disney feeling. Plus it is also a short walk to fantasia gardens and mgm.

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
I have never personally stayed in them but i do have a friend who has a few times...it was her(mid 30's) her husband (mid 30's) and 3 kids: the kids are now Andrew(1st grade) Victoria & Alex (3rd grade) they all loved it

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

Originally posted by FourFourSeven
Hi all:

I've accumulated a bunch of Starwood points (Starwood owns Sheraton and Westin, among others), and was considering using them to go to Disney and stay at the Swan or Dolphin for free.:) (As you know, Swan and Dolphin are Sheraton and Westin-operated hotels on Disney property.) But I'm hesitant. Here are my questions:

Starwood only operate certain Westin & Sheraton resorts. Make sure these are part of their umbrella before you get your hopes up!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Re: Re: Swan and Dolphin - Do they have the Disney "magic?"

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Starwood only operate certain Westin & Sheraton resorts. Make sure these are part of their umbrella before you get your hopes up!

They are

Upvote 0

jdmccol

On item #2, this site "http://www.wdwig.com/faq_dol.htm"
states:

"The one thing you can not do is use your Dolphin Hotel Charge at any of the Disney facilities (parks, restaurants, gift shops), but you can use it at the Swan and Dolphin. Charging privileges do not extend beyond the Dolphin and Swan. "

I have never stayed there, so I have no first hand experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom